Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lahm & Lehb.

Every time I got to see these two youngsters play (especially the former), I was carried away. Do you also rate them? Any estbalished weaknesses? Is it just ponctual hype or do you see them making it big?

Thanks.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Indeed two great talents. Lahm has made the biggest impact of all young players so far this season. Just 20 years old, he is a very complete wingback who is fast, and very skilled, a good tackler, too. He must improve his shooting and attacking skills. If he does that, imho he can be used as an attacking winger, too.
Hleb is a very very skilled player. He may develop into the new Pablo Aimar. Nevertheless i'm a bit disappointed by his performances this season. His development seems to have reached a halt at the moment. Just like in the previous seasons, he is often holding the ball too long instead of making the game fast with some quick passes. He should try to shoot from the distance more often instead of trying to dribble into the box. But i'm sure that he will learn that sooner or later and since he is still young (22), there is still enough time for his improvement. He can develop into one of the top playmakers in europe.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Danke schön! :)

Lahm is really looking like a mix of Ziege and Giggs to me. What really astonished me in what I've seen of him (for instance, his outings with the German NT) seems to be his speed and the way he takes on and dribbles past several players. Is he moving to one of Germany's major clubs this summer?

What is Stuttgart strategy in terms of transfers this summer? Will they be compelled to sold massively or will everyone re-engage for new adventures? I guess it depends on the offers and whether or not Stuttgart take part to the next CL campaign... Also, is Hleb German or Magyar? I can't seem to remember.

In any case, there are loads of young German players I envy you. The future looks bright for you guys, isn't it?

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I would say that FINALLY there are some talents emerging on the big stage. Also the players in England, Volz and especially Hitzlsperger show real progress. Still, I am not convinced by the young strikers. Kuranyi doesnt score like last year and Lauth is quite silent this year.

·
2,968 Posts
Steph! said:

In any case, there are loads of young German players I envy you. The future looks bright for you guys, isn't it?
Well, in fact you can find much more talented young german players in the Bundesliga than in the last couple of years. But all these players lack experience, esp. on the international level. And Germany still lacks creativity in the attacking midfield. Deisler is the only player who can be considered to have international class, but we all know his story... Ballack and Frings are both more a No. 6 then a No. 10. Schneider is aging and never was a real playmaker. Guys like Schweinsteiger and Trochowski may develop into playmakers, but they still need some years to mature. Maybe Broich can fill out a playmaker role in the future, but he too needs some years and of course international competition on club level..
The attack is another problem zone. Kuranyi and Lauth are the most talented german strikers but way too inconsistent. Bobic and Neuville are aging. Klose is in a slump.
And the biggest problem : the german squad lacks the leadership they had in the 80's and 90's in various players which were mentally strong . There is no Matthaeus, no Effenberg, no Brehme, no Augenthaler, no Kohler, no Sammer, no Voeller or Klinsmann at all. Kahn cannot lead a team from the goalkeeper position.
Therefore i don't expect to see much from Germany at the Euro 2004.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
How much would Phillip Lahm cost Roma? :)

I've seen him a couple of times, and I already consider him one of the 3 best attacking left backs. Seriously, he is something extraordinary!!

Is there an estimated value for this WONDERKID?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The most important footballer in Sttutgart is not Helb, Lahm or Kuranyi. I think this one is Soldo. The 33-years-old player is the most important one in this team.

Lahm is a good player, and he is from Bayern Munich. At first, he is not the left back. He is a right back.Magath, the coach of Sttutgart found he is good in left.So Lahm became the left back in Sttutgart. I disagreed that he is like Giggs. Although Lahm is the left back, he is not a left-footed player. When we talk about a good left back¡ª¡ªPaolo Maledini, we always say that Maldini is a good left back whose left-foot is not good. But Maledini, I think, he is a center half back in the left. Lahm is a left back.

I think that Lahm will be better than Ziege in the future.He is the best young player in this season. If he go to Juventus or Bayern Munich, I will happy. Because I am the fans of these two teams.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
The problem of German players, I think, the German players who born in 72-77 are not better than Italy, France and anther countries. The German footballers in World Cup 90 is much better than the German players now. Augenthaler, Klinsmann, Matthaeus, Voller, these German footballer is one of the best player at that time.

But now the players who born in 72-77 are poor. Novoteny, Worns are not good. After the World Cup 98, Klinsmann, Moller, these players who won the World Cup 90 and Euro96 left the team. The German become poor.

I think the players who born in 80-84 are better than these players. Such as these Sttutgart players, Kuranyi, Lahm, Hinkel, and anther players inculding Ernst. So I think the future of German football is still good.:pp

About Euro2004, I only hope these young players play good. I hope German will win the championship in the World Cup 2006. Because the German is still one of the best teams in the world.

I am sorry, I am from China. I am a Chinese who like German football, but my English is so poor.;)

·
2,968 Posts
Hi seeler1970, your english is pretty ok, no need to apologize !
Good to see some new faces in the german forum which was quite deserted in the last couple of weeks. Big hello to water417, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts