Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On behalf on my fellow benfiquistas, I would like to apologize for the lack of welcoming you received. It is rare to have a female Benfica supporter on this site, not to mention one that is articulate, poised and informed. On that note; WELCOME LADY EAGLE!!!!! and I applaude your decision to voice your rational and well-thoughtout opinions on the board.

Remember Viva O Benfica e Joao Pinto-Still the best Portuguese player!!!!!!!!

By the way, if you are from Toronto, and single let me know!!! hahaahah kidding!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Thank you guys for the welcome. I am glad to be here supporting my team. I am supporting the greatest, right? SL Benfica is the best. And after today victory over Sporting, I believe that they are the greatest. Not for playing well, but for being able to ruin so many parties and making 50,000 people just quiet.

Btw—even though JVP didn’t have a good game, I am still his fan.

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
welcome to the board Lady Eagle. I am the resident Portista......and i don't like Benfica.

:)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Marcoa. I am Benfiquista, and I can say that I hate FC Porto. Well I don’t like any teams other than Benfica, but I did celebrate one goal by another team - Farense.

BENFICA ALWAYS AND FOREVER

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I also celebrate when other teams score. I recall a match where I had the pleasure of Celebrating 7 times..... :)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Marcoa, don't be so sore. Can't you just let me celebrate?
It's good when we can just celebrate. But when it comes to teams of other countries I don't celebrate. PORTUGAL first. That was not only and embarrassment for Benfica, but also for Portuguese soccer. But things like that happen even to the best (Benfica). That's part of the past. The draw against Farense is part of the present and future. FC Porto could have been in first place if it wasn't for that tie. But who cares anything is possible now. Admit it—you wanted Benfica to win against Sporting. :Þ

I LOVE BENFICA
I LOVE BENFICA
I LOVE BENFICA
There is just nothing I can do about it.
How could I love anything but the best?

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi LadyEagle, nice to have new people around here. And no, I don't hate any particular club.

BUT I do have a favourite club! If you remember 93/94 season when Benfica won the last championship, you'll probably remember a score of 5-2

hmmmmmm...

sweeeeeeeeet....

Not to mention several cup defeats....

Well, enough of these dejà vu things. Welcome, and I hope you don't throw Heynckes away, he seems to be a good team manager. JVP seems good but could be better.
JVA seems bad but could be worse.

:)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
of course I cheered for Benfica this weekend. I jumped off of my seat when they scored! But as of Monday morning I did not like them again :) it took a day for the Euphoria over the Sporting loss to wear off.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
All I have to say is that those numbers don’t mean anything at this point. Why bring up numbers that have no influence on what is going on right now?
The game against Celta Vigo doesn’t mean anything at this point.
The game against Setubal doesn’t mean anything right now. But Game Rod, how about the 5-1 of 96/97? It is more recent, but I guess what is important to most people who are not Benfiquistas are the games that Benfica loses.
The only reason I brought up Farense is because it has a direct influence on the standings right now. And Benfica did beat them 6-2. And what does that mean? Right now it doesn’t mean anything, because Benfica is in third place. And Porto tied them and they’re in second.
And whoever wants to talk to me about past results, that don’t have any influence on the standings right now, do it only when you have a past a great as Benfica. Until then, I’ll just wait many more years. If I wanted to bring results from the past, I don’t think anyone would have arguments as strong as mine.

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting...

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
595 Posts
hehe
like I said, just a few memories :)

Of course, overall Benfica is a much stronger club than Vitória and many others. But you've got to remember that SLB has much more re$ource$, and therefore comparing one of the "big" with one of the "small" is like comparing David with Goliah. That's why usually when teams like Vitória or Braga play well and beat one of the BIGS... I love it

What counts in football is not being a big or small club, but who plays better and scores. And sometimes, money can't buy that.

If numbers that have no influence on what is going on now didn't count - then Benfica would have no history at all! They don't change things now, but they do count to a club's history.

But please don't think I have a morbid pleasure of seeing SLB lose. I loved to see one of the most exciting games in Cup winner's Cup cup, like that 4-4 score with Leverkusen in 94, but hated to see them losing with Parma by an irritating 1-0, or in the final with PSV - not mentioning Vigo.

So, please don't get me wrong ;)

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
OK like I said, Game Rod, numbers will only matter when you have strong arguments. I don’t really feel like going back to the past to dig up numbers. Because no one could match Benfica, and if you think that Benfica is a great, I don’t you write about the positive results?

And what I said is that the past of Benfica is not relevant to the dispute of the title. ((That was the only thing I was talking about—the dispute of the title)) If you want to talk about the past, start a topic with those intentions. Then I’ll write about the past. Of course that I think that Benfica’s past is great. I never denied that. And I know that the smaller clubs live to try to beat the 3 big ones. I don’t condemn, I would also.

Btw- I still have the second half of that game on tape. Beautiful. I still remember everything I felt when I was watching it live. Memorable.

An everything I say is my opinion (except for the facts). And I respect everyone’s opinion. So, please don’t get ME wrong. :Þ

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

·
Registered
595 Posts
haha, ok ok
I won't get you wrong :Þ

btw: You know, I miss that team from Toni. Then King Artur got in...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts