Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i going mad or is there some serious lack of star quality talent emerging at right back..... i mean we're flooded with left backs like Lahm, Chiellini, Clichy + a list of players that escape my mind at the mo...... however, i can only think of players like Vanden Borre & Johnson (Nigel De Jong maybe) at Right back....... am i just missing them or something?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i know its the wrong section, but one must look at the established right back that we have today

Zanetti
Cafu
Puyol
Salgado
G.Neville
Zambrotta (left, right everywhere)

I just wanted to say that at this moment in time, there are many very very good right back's, would one agree?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i agree with those, but some of them + other worldwide established rwb/rb will be retiring soon, within 3 to 4 seasons...... either that or they'll continue playing because there is not a sufficeint enough youngster to replace them..... which usually ends up in a loss of talent anyhow (e.g. remember Pallister @ man utd.... he stayed on for ages until a suitable replacement was found and by the time he finished his career he was rather mediocre)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Vanden Borre actually is a central defender who happens to be played out at the right.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I heard that Rincon from Man Utd ( on loan at Sao Paulo, born on '87 ) is quite good, but I havent seen him play, so I cant say if hes really that good :)

I dont know, Bonera comes to my mind, but hes not that young.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts