Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is kind of relative to the rumours thread, however, I think as Roma are progressive far beyond expections in regards to last season - this is a massive issue.

We have too many fixtures and not enough players!

We all understand Luciano is working his magic with what he has, but I think we are victims of our own success. Progress in the Coppa Italia, Uefa Cup and of the league has decimated our squad.

Luciano's selection policy is governed first and foremost on who is fit.

It is becoming more and more evident that the players are tired, and are succumbing to more fatigued-sourced injuries.

The main issue for this has been the transfer ban. Our squad is tiny, and with so many games to go I find it will be near impossible to get 4th place. This will only be realised if we are out of the Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia at the next instance.

Harsh, I know.
:cry:

The only shining light is that we are blooding our youngsters and created a greater sense of camraderie within the team. Pushing through beyond adversity, and so on.

Yet, with the transfer ban winding down I think in attracting new, quality signings, we will need the lure of Champions League football. And right now, that will be tough to deliver.

Is it frustrating for my fellow romanistas to wonder what we could achieve with a larger squad and less reliance on the primavera? Please, tell me I'm not alone in this!

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
You've stated the obvious, that's why you have this much replies! :smileani: :D

What to say, squad depth is a major problem, and there's no real way around it. I'm not willing to give up either of our objectives, and I'm willing to risk winning none, rather then giving up any.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, today's result is point-in-chief. At least Middlesborough lost today, hopefully we can lift for the return leg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts