Xtratime Community banner

2421 - 2438 of 2438 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
good to read you axelfoley :) :thumbsup: where are sebastian and toronto/bolso/midlothian4 ??? :confused:
Uruguay run at the copa:
vs Perú (group stage): regular game,defense distracted the whole game.
vs Chile: the worst game IMO.They got outplayed by chile most of the second half,even when uruguay scored first. The 2 games for the qualifiers between them will be very interesting.
vs Mexico: boring game. I didnt like uruguay display here neither(like the whole group games were crap) and considering mexico was an under 23 squad,the 1-0 looked disgraceful.I was worried after this game for these and other things,like the awful substitutions tabarez did,for example eguren(defensive midfielder) for cebolla rodriguez(attacking midfielder)!!!

vs Argentina: until Pérez red card,it was a similar condition to that of the second half vs chile,we were outplayed,interestingly enough with 10 men vs 11 we came along better and even had the winning goal in the 90 minutes with suarez assistance and forlan missing a headkick. Penalties well executed and Muslera superb,like in the whole game.
vs Perú: Like the game vs mexico i couldnt watch it properly cause i was working (one of the few at that hour in the whole country i know but work is work im not millionaire haha :howler:),first half we have a few chances,second half easy for uruguay.
vs Paraguay: Unexpected(at least for me) easy game. Not counting the hand of ortigoza that would've been penalty and red card for him,we dominated from the start and went 2-0 to the rest. Unusual for a final,and for this cup also,where all games were close in action. Paraguay did better in the second half but then the third goal came with the world cup formula,a quick counterattack with few passes between the 3 forwards,cavani to suarez to forlan-goal (like against germany in wc2010 with different ending,in that case suarez assisted cavani's goal)

Now all(press and people) are expecting uruguay to qualify directly for wc2014 without play offs. Im not that sure. I didn't like the games vs Perú (group game) and Chile,and the first half vs Argentina,they are main rivals for the qualifiers,along whit Colombia.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Your favorite poster is still here. Shame you still are.
Is that Dario Silva?
Now all(press and people) are expecting uruguay to qualify directly for wc2014 without play offs. Im not that sure. I didn't like the games vs Perú (group game) and Chile,and the first half vs Argentina,they are main rivals for the qualifiers,along whit Colombia.
And with reason, I think you should qualify direct, no doubt.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,424
Yes we should qualify directly, but we felt that way the last 3 qualifiers.

This time is different in the sense that, it will not be a new regime coming in.

It took Tabarez 4 years to find his team, and to get them to buy into his project, but he got it done. Since then we had a good World Cup, even better Copa, and look poised to qualify comfortably.

However, that's easier said then done. The qualifing tournament is a long and difficult challenge.

They just need to take it one game at a time, but atleast the team is already built. Additions can & will be integraded throught the process, but we won't have to find the team identity this time.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,427
I believe they will be there for sure(granted if Uruguay qualigy).

Will they be starters is another story. It's going to be very interesting to see how things play out.

With Lugano we have Coates in the team now. A young player that you want to play games so that he develops, and still we have Godin as a bonified starter, when healthy.

With Forlan we have many strikers as well, and the 3 forward formation has never worked well. If we play with 2 forwards then Cavani has to sit.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,472 Posts
Well done Soretines....FIFA's January's Rankings

Conmebol...

Rnk Zon. Rnk Team Pts +/- Pos

4 1 Uruguay 1309 0:thumbsup:
6 2 Brazil 1143 0
10 3 Argentina 1067 0
12 4 Chile 973 1
27 5 Paraguay 775 -3
34 6 Peru 712 1
35 7 Colombia 709 1
41 8 Venezuela 642 -2
42 9 Ecuador 634 0
109 10 Bolivia 309 -1

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,432
Really nervous about this one. Just want to punch the ticket, I can't imagine not being there next year.

If we get through it could be a blessing that Martin Silva gets a couple of real games under his belt.

Tabarez is going with a very offensive line up:

Silva
Pereira, Lugano, Diego Godín Cáceres;
Stuani, Ríos, Lodeiro, Cebolla
Suárez, Cavani

I would have rather had a Gargano instead of Lodeiro with 2 defensive mids for this one, but hopefully Nico has a good game, and we won't need the additional defensive minded player on the field.

·
Registered
42,668 Posts
Jordan have a good record at home. In the Qualifying phase they recorded victories against Japan and Australia... they're a totally different side at home - they're very weak away, for example Japan defeated them 6-0 at Saitama but lost 2-1 in Amman.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Good luck guys. It's going to be an interesting match in Amman :)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,435
It was a dream game for Uruguay today everything went right.

Jordan played to win and that helped open space for Uruguay. We are superior to technically as a whole, and it showed. However, Jordan in mind from what I saw today has a bright future.

They could have just sat 11 men all the way back and tried to minimize the damage, but they needed a win to have any chance and they went for it. Not the best result today but that spirit we help them win games once their team become further developped.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Alvaro Gonzalez has recovered from injury and will start training again. Good news for both the Uruguay NT and Lazio. An often underrated but very important part of the midfield.

2421 - 2438 of 2438 Posts