Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 2438 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the list of players invited to train with the national team, between June 30 & July 12:

Gonzalo Sorondo (Internazionale, Italia)
Washington Tais (Betis, España)
Diego López (Cagliari, Italia)
Darío Rodríguez (Schalke 04, Alemania)
Sebastián Morquio (Uralan, Rusia)
Marcelo Romero (Málaga, España)
Gonzalo De Los Santos (Valencia, España)
Gianni Guigou (Roma, Italia)
Guillermo Giacomazzi (Lecce, Italia)
Nelson Abeijón (Cagliari, Italia)
Gustavo Varela (Schalke 04, Alemania)
Javier Chevantón (Lecce, Italia)
Darío Silva (Málaga, España)
Mario Regueiro (Racing Santander, España)
Sergio Orteman (Olimpia, Paraguay)
Marcelo Zalayeta (Juventus, Italia)
Ruben Olivera (Juventus, Italia)
Richard Núñez (Grasshopper , Suiza)
Walter Pandiani (Mallorca, España)
Fernando Correa (Atlético Madrid, España)
Iván Alonso (Alavés, España)
Richard Morales (Osasuna , España)
Vicente Sánchez (Toluca, México)
Alvaro Recoba (Internazionale, Italia)
Diego Forlán (Manchester United, Inglaterra)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
WHERE IS CARINI?

Well it looks like he is willing to give everyone a chance, incept for the one player that actually deserves it. I cant believe he didn't get a call.

There are alot of players on that list. I think I could cut it in half.

However, I'm really glad that Orteman has got a call, bc we never look to see what other talent we have, outside of the country besides players from Europe.

This guy orchestrated Olimpia's Libertadores win, and deserves a chance to prove himself. Besides he could be the center midfielder we are looking for.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I seriously think JR's going to make Munua our number 1 for a long time. I'm seiously looking foreward to the qualifiers, just looking at these players it will work so great with Catrrasco:D

Seba this should be the official NT thread... make it a sticky...

And delete my post.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH CRAP,

I forgot about Garcia. I want him in the team. He deserves it. He was the heart & soul of our team, in the previous qualifiers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
u spelt the subject wrong, its SELECCION:D

Carini, i know cant be there as his on his honeymoon and hes going to travel Mexico... so that could be a reason why Carrasco didnt select him to play. Ithink Carini will go back to Uruguay 1-2 weeks before he leaves 2 go to Belguim.

why is Dario Silva there? I thought he quit to focus on his club.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Aunque no se explicaron las razones, según las "invitaciones" que cursó el seleccionador nacional para los futbolistas que militan en los clubes del exterior, hay cinco notorios jugadores que no figuran: Fabián Carini (Standard Lieja), Pablo García (Osasuna); Paolo Montero (Juventus); Federico Magallanes (Torino) y Nicolás Olivera (Valladolid). De García trascendió que comunicó que se tomará licencia, mientras que en su momento Paolo Montero dijo que no jugaría más en la selección, aunque Darío Silva también manifestó públicamente que renunciaría a la selección e igualmente fue convocado.

Otra de las ausencias es la de Carini, aunque podría no haber sido citado porque hace menos de una semana que contrajo matrimonio. Respecto a Olivera y Magallanes tampoco se conocen las razones, pero se supone que se debe a que no encajarían en los planes del seleccionador nacional.

There ya go, Its says he couldnt be selected as he got married a less than a week ago. I wonder what reasons the other have for not being able to play.

·
Registered
651 Posts
It doesn't look like Silva has a club, he isn't going back to Malaga after his holiday.

Hmm I'll make up the team I would probaly want with these players.

4-3-3.

----------------------Carini---

-(Tais/Varela?)---Lembo-Sorondo--Rodriguez

-------(De Los/Olivera?/)---Recoba---Garcia

------------Pandiani-Forlan-(Regueiro/Silva/Sanchez)

With 3 strikers would we have one like regueiro to play off the 2 in the box? I'm not sure how they did it in Corea.. And will we have two def Mids in the centre? And who will play at right and left back?

We definetly need Chino, Forlan, Carini, Garcia, Varela and Pandiani in the first team..

I reckon we should have Recoba, Forlan and Pandiani up front which would allow someone like Orteman or Olivera to be our playmaker.

What a killer strike force!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
There are some good names in the squaq, but there are still some left out, like Fabian O'Niell and Alejandro Lembo, and unfortunately Montero Quit International Football.

The Squad should be:

Carini

W.Tais Sorondo Rodriguez

Varela Olivera Regueiro

Recoba Forlan Chevanton
Morales

Its unfortunate we are still missing a killer punch like Silva in who always is dangerous, or fabian oniell in midfield.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hola UrUGUAyAN...WELCOME!

CAN U TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Has the two games agaisnt Peru been confirmed?

Doesnt anyone know where to get the south american qualifying fixture list?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yep, the Peru games have been confirmed...

You can get the dates in the WCQ dates thread on the bottom of the page:cool:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about the Isreal game?

I dont want our players going there right know.

That area is really heated, and alot of bombings are occuring.

·
Registered
322 Posts
what is the web site for the south american world cup qualifying?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Silva Snubs Uruguay
Latest News | News Archive

Dario Silva (Allsport)
06/18/2003.
Malaga goal-ace Dario Silva has snubbed a call-up from the Uruguayan National Team in protest of the fact that the players are still owed money dating back to the 2002 World Cup.

"I will play for the national team when the financial problem is resolved, but at the moment I will not go because we haven't been paid," explained the pint-sized striker. "I am a worker like any other and I did my work but I haven't been paid for it."

soccerage

·
Registered
234 Posts
We already no Carson, its old news for us!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who cares?

I sure dont. We dont need him causing bad chemistry inside the locker room. We need a united team, and luckily we have more than enough depth, to do without him.

1 - 20 of 2438 Posts