Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
although im sure this will get press in the likes of Marca, it will take a backseat to stories like Guti taking a shit, or Calderon wiping his nose.

Levante threw away the game against Bilbao with the knowledge of Villar (suprise, suprise), and Tenerife (club who's had their fair share of interesting final day matches) throwing the game away against Malaga who gained promotion to la liga whilst sociedad stayed down in segunda.

still murky details for example Jesuli who made the allegations yet he didnt even play in that match.

your thoughts and insights?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think there should be an investigation on these issues, but the problem is that the RFEF seems involved in the Athletic-Levante case, so I guess it should be the government the ones to carry the investigations.

The worst of all is that I think nothing will happen, because FIFA and UEFA threat any government that talks about intervention in football.

These recordings show that there's something fishy and we're talking about payments to lose games, not the opposite. Nothing will happen, because it's always the same story.

Not even FIFA and UEFA do anything about it, because Platini himself defends the ultra movement over the police of a democratic government. Corruption is already a metastasis in football, everywhere.

·
Registered
34,960 Posts
although im sure this will get press in the likes of Marca, it will take a backseat to stories like Guti taking a shit, or Calderon wiping his nose.

Levante threw away the game against Bilbao with the knowledge of Villar (suprise, suprise), and Tenerife (club who's had their fair share of interesting final day matches) throwing the game away against Malaga who gained promotion to la liga whilst sociedad stayed down in segunda.

still murky details for example Jesuli who made the allegations yet he didnt even play in that match.

your thoughts and insights?
:howler:, but :rollani::moan:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there should be an investigation on these issues, but the problem is that the RFEF seems involved in the Athletic-Levante case, so I guess it should be the government the ones to carry the investigations.

The worst of all is that I think nothing will happen, because FIFA and UEFA threat any government that talks about intervention in football.

These recordings show that there's something fishy and we're talking about payments to lose games, not the opposite. Nothing will happen, because it's always the same story.

Not even FIFA and UEFA do anything about it, because Platini himself defends the ultra movement over the police of a democratic government. Corruption is already a metastasis in football, everywhere.
sadly thats the case with FIFA. for example with the Iraqi national team, there was massive corruption in the Iraqi FA, so the government disbanded the organisation and FIFA threatened that it wont allow iraq to play in the WC qualifiers. the head of the FA who was accused of corruption is buddy-buddy with the head of the AFC, who's obviously good friends with Blatter.

with this spanish example, Villar is head of the FIFA refereeing committee is he not? and he has some other role within FIFA as well.

unbelievable stuff.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Sadly this is and has been the case since football became commercialized. It seems as if most organizations - FIFA, the continental organizations, and the national organizations - are rotten. Here in North America, Jack Warner, the President of CONCACAF (among other positions high up in the FIFA hierarchy) is corrupt to the bone. Not only that he is a politician in his home country (Trinidad & Tobago) and owns one of the biggest teams in the country. Those are the kinds of people running the game...not people who particularly care about it but those who are interested in a bit of power and money. We can see this kind of thing all over the world - people attracted to football for the money to be made and power to be had from it. There's a whole lot of recent literature out there on this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One month later and guess what? Nothing happened. It's not like I was expecting them, I happen to know how rotten our football association is.
i came into this thread to ask just that.

amazing that all that and nothing comes out. this is why spanish football suffers so much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts