Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are in the 2nd half of the tournament i feel it´s time to rescue the "La Liga Thread" that we had last season.
For all the newcomers, this is a thread used to keep track of what´s going on in the competition in these crucial moments and until (I wish) we lift the Cup :)

We have to keep it related to Real Madrid though, or otherwise it should be in the "Spanish Forum". For example:

MAKUKULA, one of the revelations of the tournament for Valladolid is injured for three weeks and will miss the game against us!

Also you can use this thread to post stuff that you feel doesn´t deserve a thread of its own. For the forum to be tidy, it´s better to have a big thread than many little ones.

PS. : Makukula´s example is true, btw. ;) I wish him a fast recovery, but he is very strong and would´ve been a hard task for our centerbacks.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Let me get things rolling ;) (thanks Mills for reviving this)...

So who do you guys think will get 4th spot in Liga and get that CL spot that comes with it? Atletico? Villareal? Barca? Sevilla? Osasuna? or maybe even revivals by Betis or Sociedad?

Lets talk about this, i have other topics in mind as well for later ;)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Let me get things rolling ;) (thanks Mills for reviving this)...

So who do you guys think will get 4th spot in Liga and get that CL spot that comes with it? Atletico? Villareal? Barca? Sevilla? Osasuna? or maybe even revivals by Betis or Sociedad?

Lets talk about this, i have other topics in mind as well for later ;)
i think its going to be barca :(

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Its hard to see Osasuna stay up there. They have been very lucky to get the results they have been getting. The win against Valencia was a fluke, more on Valencia and the own goal than whatever OSasuna did, but they do have an excellent defense and it will take a while for them to move down.
Atletico is probably playing the best of any of the teams fighting for that spot. Manzano is brilliant, I think they are the favorites.
Villarreal played this past week, they way I always thought them capable of playing, like crap. They have a team basd on an attacking style, if they are on, then they are dangerous.
Athletic is better than their record. Aranzubia is probably the best kepper in form today, other than Casillas. I think they are favorites number 2.
Barcelona is a mess. But with an in form Puyol and Ronaldinho, arguably amongst the best in La Liga, they can hold their own. Iniesta and Oleguer are good players and should help. Their biggest problem is their coach.

But here is my surprise, I am not sure Depor stays up there. They have more problems as a club getting along than any other club. I am not sure they have their place assured.

La Real has been playing like last year and they are making the biggest move up. Can't dismiss them, they will pay in Europe next year

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
barça said:
I think you can lower Sevilla as Reyes has been officially sold to Arsenal for 36M Euros :eek:
Wow! :eek:
From what I read the deal might be closed in few hours.
MARCA says that Jesuli (from Celta) would go back to Sevilla next season.

I know that "we don´t always get what we want":rolleyes: but...
Could this mean Henry is closer to Madrid than before?
Mmmmmm....

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
MILLS said:
I know that "we don´t always get what we want":rolleyes: but...
Could this mean Henry is closer to Madrid than before?
Mmmmmm....
I don't know if he is closer to Madrid, but he is closer to leaving Arsenal. The for sale sign was just posted on his back.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
if he waited he could have moved to a bigger club eg barca

dont think he will have success in england although i hope he does

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

bar?a said:
I don't know if he is closer to Madrid, but he is closer to leaving Arsenal. The for sale sign was just posted on his back.
that is for sure.
i guess since henry can not play in the CL for any other team,
his move will have to wait till after arsenal will get eliminated (if at all).
they will be a much stronger side with Reyes, although like real madrid, they have a shity defence.
________
Hurt from wellbutrin

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think he WILL have succes in Arsenal. He has too much quality to fail. I hope this move is good for La Selección.

Spanish media is already putting all the pieces in their imaginary puzzle. Figo leaves after Euro04 and Henry takes his place in the line-up.

It doesn´t sound crazy to me.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
henry back to a winger? he was useless there why move him back?

if henry does come and figo leaves and perez still doesnt sign a defender this IMO should be our line up

----------casillas-------------
salgado-mejia(bravo-pavon)-helguera-carlos
------------guti-------------
becks--------raul------------zidane
-------ronaldo-----henry

too attacking but thats madrid!

·
Registered
462 Posts
MARCA.COM
El Arsenal no venderá a Henry ni al Real Madrid ni al Barça
El Arsenal no venderá a Thierry Henry ni al Real Madrid ni al Barcelona, según ha señalado su vicepresidente ejecutivo, David Dean, que añadió que el club británico no se desprenderá del francés puesto que quiere afrontar con garantías su participación en la Liga de Campeones de esta temporada y la siguiente.

Según desveló hoy el presidente del Sevilla, José María del Nido, Dean le confirmó durante la negociación para el traspaso de Reyes, el interés de los dos principales equipos de la Liga española para contratar a Henry, aunque el Arsenal habría descartado la operación.

Niega así los últimos rumores que apuntan a que el fichaje de Reyes ha sido posible gracias, precisamente, al cierre del traspaso de Henry al Madrid que le ha permitido al Arsenal disponer de la liquidez de la que carecía hasta este momento.

HAHA, unbelieveable, Reyes for more than 30 Million?
:eek: Damn, Arsenal were very serious about him then. You know what really makes me laugh? That Arsenal say that Henry is not for sale to either Barca or Real after getting Reyes. Arsenal gave the hint, hehe.

I am very sure that Madrid told Arsenal to deny any rumors of Henry going to Madrid, if we all know by know, it wouldn't be a surprise, nice try Arsenal, by the way they bought Reyes, this means that Henry is just going to Madrid. I'm still surprised about the sale and more when it's about that money. Wasn't Arsenal in financial problems?:confused:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I still think it a stretch that Henry will become a merengue, I wouldnt look to much into it that Reyes signing woul mean Henry leaving for Real or Barca

·
Registered
462 Posts
You never know CHE, but by the way everything happened so fast, that's the only sign of Henry going to Madrid, Arsenal were pretty smart at making this deal, by summer they will be benefited by the departure of Henry.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
WOW 36mio? thats amazing... not even Becks had costed that much and hes "selling much more shirts" than Reyes ;)... What i actually mean is that Reyes is truely a big talent, great player but hasnt proved anything yet and with almost no international experience... Well, if Arsenal has the money, I dont care. I just worry about Reyes that this comes too early for him. But well, seems he wanted it like that.

On Henry, Arsenal had given him 7 days free to think about his future about a week ago. And now I read in AS that even Makelele encouraging him to go to Madrid! :eek: :dazed:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
LaBlanca said:
On Henry, Arsenal had given him 7 days free to think about his future about a week ago. And now I read in AS that even Makelele encouraging him to go to Madrid! :eek: :dazed:
it's AS, what do you expect?;)
I remember Henry saying though that the only was the he was going to be reuinited with Zizou is if Zidane moved to Arsenal.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts