Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the CL not restarting till February, we need to focus on La liga and recoup those 9 points that seperate us from Barca. Sociedad has been in really good form lately and just beat a hot Betis last week and they always give us problems in the Bernabeu.

I dont know whose in/out for this game because of suspensions or injuries but i believe we are at full strength for this one. Our Liga season starts now !

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think we'll walk away with a 1-1 tie in this game.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
A tie?

Hell no.

We can't afford anymore ties at this stage. 9 points is already a mountain to climb considering Barcelona are overwhelming almost all of their opponents, so I think we need to win.

Sociedad are in good form at the moment but so are Real Madrid.

We can't afford to draw back-to-back games because if Barca's lead at the top of the table exceeds 10 points then we can kiss goodbye to the title.

I am sure we will win this game. The most important thing to me is keeping a clean sheet...we have 9 in 14 games which is amazing. Who says our defense sucks?! If we keep a clean sheet against Sociedad, that would make it 10 clean sheets in 15 games.

Sociedad will be tough to beat but after we get the first goal and settle the nerves I think we will run out comfortable winners.

3-0

Ronaldo
Ronaldo
Figo

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I know what we can't afford but I believe it will be a draw also...just a hunch

Real Madrid - Real Sociedad 2:2 (0:1)
Raul 1:2, Owen 2:2; Nihat 0:1, Arteta 0:2;

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
We have 9 clean sheets in 14 games and have only conceeded 9 goals.

What makes you think Sociedad will score twice?

I doubt that. Highly.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
can't remember at the end of the season when they managed to beat you guys home 1-0 what makes it impossible for them not to repeat last years performance against Real Madrid.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
It ain't all bout statistics...like I said I have a hunch it will end in a draw...and I am the kind of a guy that would bet on Reggina against Juve if i had this feeling before the game.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
CMBurns said:
:howler:

:happy:

:howler: :howler: :howler:

You will lose
At first I thought you are being ignorant...but then I saw you argumenting your thesis with 5 smileys...good point :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
i think the advance to the next round of the champions league will take some pressure away and give us much needed confidence. i have a good feeling for this game i think we'll win 3-1 or something like that.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
can't remember at the end of the season when they managed to beat you guys home 1-0 what makes it impossible for them not to repeat last years performance against Real Madrid.
1-0? It was 4-1.

Anyway, I think Real will win this match. They have been performing well in the Bernabeu and I see no reason they will fail against Sociedad.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think Real is slowly beginning to run. The engine is still not 100%, but it will. Ronaldo is regaining his form, and that's bad news for every defence facing Real. Samuel is looking more and more comfortable (like Zizou and R9 it will take him some time to find his rythm in the team). I think a 2-0 win is likely

·
Registered
841 Posts
It will be a tough game, I say 1-1. We won, the pressure is back on you guys to close the gap.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I watched the whole Barcelona game... glorious strike by Xavi on the one-bounce blast to the left corner. That's why he's one of the best center midfielders in the world.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
I watched the whole Barcelona game... glorious strike by Xavi on the one-bounce blast to the left corner. That's why he's one of the best center midfielders in the world.
:thmbup:

In any case, Xavi didn't have his best match. We didn't deserve the victory, at the end of the season no one will recall this match, but it's 3 points and we'll calm Sunday enjoying an afternoon of football waiting for Valencia.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
:thmbup:

In any case, Xavi didn't have his best match. We didn't deserve the victory, at the end of the season no one will recall this match, but it's 3 points and we'll calm Sunday enjoying an afternoon of football waiting for Valencia.
i watched the game and you are right that you didn't deserve to win.
in fact, the ref didn't give 2 penalties in one play against you. puyol did some harsh fouls.
but in the end, you played not so good and got the 3 points, you know on what teams you usualy say that :cry: :cry: :cry: :depress: :depress:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
sagyv said:
i watched the game and you are right that you didn't deserve to win.
in fact, the ref didn't give 2 penalties in one play against you. puyol did some harsh fouls.
but in the end, you played not so good and got the 3 points, you know on what teams you usualy say that :cry: :cry: :cry: :depress: :depress:
2 penalties... well, that kind of "penalties" are only punished in the Bernabeu, which has different football rules, in the rest of the world that's not a penalty :D Only joking, I don't want to discuss about that right now.

The luck of the champions? :jester:

·
Registered
489 Posts
ei! can anyone please show me the formation against sociedad? thanks.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.