Xtratime Community banner

La Liga first: Referee complains about fascist symbolism during match

724 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Almogàver 
#1 ·
During the Seville derby, Perez Burrul pointed out in his match report that he saw several fascist flags as well as nazi flags. he also pointed out that smoke canisters were thrown on to the pitch as well as firecrackers.

now i've heard this being the case in many other grounds, one being the Bernabeu, but this might the first time ive heard a referee point it out or maybe atleast it being reported in the media.

Marca kindly point out to its readers that the match was a success, everyone was happy as can be and rainbows were shining out of Lopera's ass. so not to worry, theres nothing wrong here at all...according to Marca anyway.

this isnt political i hope, well it kind of is, but im just alluding to the fact that there are people willing to stamp this out from spanish football which is good to see.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/betis/es/desarrollo/1167432.html

#2 ·
this isnt political i hope, well it kind of is, but im just alluding to the fact that there are people willing to stamp this out from spanish football which is good to see.

It is political and you did very well to bring it out. This is a clear example that there are issues related with football involving politics that deserve to be discussed.

Anyway, looking at the Spanish FA previous record in dealing with this sort of problems, I highly doubt that anything will be done about it.

#3 ·
yeah you're spot on. according to the rest of the article some "competition commity" will look at this report then decide if anything needs to be done.

Betis have not even served their home stadium ban from last season. barca never served their ban earlier this millenium and got away with it. i remember madrid playing osasuna and casillas was showered with objects, nothing came of that. a thousand teams have gotten away with silly 300 euro fines for racist abuse (there is not a single club in the primera liga who is not guilty of this).

#4 ·
Yes, you're right, it's an absolute disgrace what's been happening in Spanish footbal for the last decade or so in what regards this issue. One also wonders the reason for UEFA's complacency when they always seem so much eager to condemn this sort of accidents when they happen in other parts of the continent.

#5 ·
#6 ·
the fans in sevilla are nuts, i took my korean ex girlfriend there in betis match maybe 8 years ago and they were so ****ing racist with her talking about the eyes and everything like they never see asian people before....they are a bunch of assholes there this is no surprise

#7 ·
The Betis Ultras for you. In any case, I can't blame them for being retards, these things happen everywhere. Now I will always blame the directors of the clubs for allowing this shit in the stadiums.

Great job by the referee. It was about time that someone started to do it. BTW, they could continue in the Bernabeu and the Calderón, where the Ultrassur and Frente Atletico live.

#9 ·
what are the social condition in spain that makes this possible...

and what social group do the people come from

#8 ·
yes is true about it happens in vicente calderon also, i went to a match two years ago against valencia and everybody next to me was singing cara al sol....it was discusting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.