Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shit! That was futebol!....da best atmosphere eva in MLS history! :thumbsup:

New Enland-DC! This is also a new derby!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
The atmosphere in LA was 1000000X better. It's the only MLS match I would consider attending. Good thing it's close to home. :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Game was good to watch two very happy with this

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
New Enland-DC! This is also a new derby!
No, it's not a derby. One, a derby is between inter-city clubs. Two, DC's main rival is Columbus.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In europe derby means 2 bigs team killin each otha...I guess :stoned:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
LA kicked the shit out of them

it would have been 10 to 1 if the LA players didn't fukin lose thier balls once they got near the box

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
It was a good game even got heated at moments when Cobi Jones got knocked on his ass and then a fight almost broke out so its a good start for a new derby and i must say what a great free kick goal by Kirovski just perfect!

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I believe the atmosphere was good, but I also believe that it was a bit hyped. For once, MLS got the production right. Much in the mould of the Premiership, they hyped it up a lot, got loads of camera angles, etc. etc. It was produced in the manner of a big game, and reflected as much in people's reactions.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
One flaw that should be discussed- Since the HD Center has seats on either goal it would be a good idea to sit the Chivas fans on one end (preferily the south goal) and the Galaxians/ Riot Squad (or whatever the f uck they call themselves) behind the north goal. This would make the atmosphere even better.

I am definetly going when they play next time around.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Loco said:
I guess Real Madrid and Barcelona never got that memo.
Actually that is just a great rivalry.

Here is the actual definition:

'Derbies'
Main article: Local derby

Derby matches, or matches between two neighbouring rival teams, are fiercly competitive and provide a spectacle in football, for the supporting fans as well as for interested onlookers. Sometimes there are underlying political and sectarian tensions.

The term applies to matches between two local teams, that is in the same city or region. However it is sometimes erroneously used to refer to matches between big clubs from the same country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts