Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm

The man to surprisingly add Jambor to the Ajax coaching staff as a fitness coach was Leo Beenhakker, Ajax's head-coach at the time, in 1989. For fourteen years Laszlo Jambor designed training schedules for all Ajax teams, from the F-youth to the first team, to improve the fitness, stamina, pace, co-ordination and physical power of the players. He also designed training schedules for players recovering from injuries.

As a member of the Ajax technical staff Laszlo Jambor witnessed the winning of six Dutch championships, four Dutch cups, four Dutch Super Cups, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League, the European Super Cup as well as the World Cup for club teams. He served under head-coaches Leo Beenhakker, Louis van Gaal, Morten Olsen, Hans Westerhof, Co Adriaanse and Ronald Koeman.
All those great players of Ajax's generation of the 90s came through under Jambor. And he's basically an unknown in Hungary. Makes you proud :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bentex said:
hmmm

All those great players of Ajax's generation of the 90s came through under Jambor. And he's basically an unknown in Hungary. Makes you proud :D

Interview with Jambor Laszlo when he arrived to Debrecen:

http://www.vagy.hu/cikk.php?id=4339

"(...)- Once you said that the failure of progress of the Hungarian players is the too much "alternative" training. What did you mena by alternative?

- The lack of the proper football fields and indoor pitches forces the players to do training of different type from what would be appropriate for them. Running in the woods, strengthening; things that haven't got much to do with football. (...)"

...and the short announcement when he left...

http://www.vagy.hu/cikk.php?id=6210

(Where is he now btw?)

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crook said:
Interview with Jambor Laszlo when he arrived to Debrecen:

http://www.vagy.hu/cikk.php?id=4339

"(...)- Once you said that the failure of progress of the Hungarian players is the too much "alternative" training.

- The lack of the proper football fields and indoor pitches forces the players to do training of different type from what would be appropriate for them. Running in the woods, strengthening; things that haven't got much to do with football. (...)"

What did you mean by alternative?
I'm not sure. I'm guessing that it's do with conditioning your body. Running in the woods will strengthen different parts of your body that may hinder a footballer.

I have this video called 'dreaming of Ajax'. It's a documentary made by the BBC on how they develop their youth players. It shows how the players are taught dance routines. Now people may laugh at this. But it's supposed to condition the body to make technical body movements that helps footballers adapt their body shape when performing moves. Jámbor was part of this. And under him the players that developed their and their technique speak for themselves.

crook said:
Where is he now btw?
Actually I'm not sure. I can't remember what happened when Bölöni got the sack from Monaco. Which was a tragedy for them. They spent years buying established players to quick fix their problem. When Bölöni wanted to build from the youth. With Jámbor. They didn't get any time.

Talk of Bölöni becoming the new NT coach. He is has been good friends with Jámbor for years.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
excellent thread. this is what i was trying to explain in the `Hungarian players in England thread', to those who want our talent to stay at home. Jambor is probably the best example there is.

i didn't get a chance to watch the film, i hope there will be reruns.

Is theis the same movie that was played at the Filmszemle earlier this year? Or is this different? I seem to remember reading about this in the local press.

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe Henderson said:
i didn't get a chance to watch the film, i hope there will be reruns.
It's not been screened yet. Just the guy who made it has been on sport 1 talking about it. It's on Dec 25th and 30th.

Btw, I love this quote from Jámbor.

Nem kritizálni kell a magyar futballt, hanem dolgozni kell érte!

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been doing some more research on Jámbor. I have to say I'm very impressed. Apparently Ajax seeked his advice before they signed Zlatan and he recommended that they bought him from Malmo.

Check this article.... and again it's shocking that people talk about the lack fitness of Hungarian players. When this guy is Hungarian.

EUROPEAN TOUR PROGRAM

One of the things that sets the training philosophy of Ajax apart from most professional youth systems around the world is the attention Ajax gives to the physical development of it's players - particularly the younger ones. Coordination, agility, speed and acceleration, and strength training account for approximately 30% of an older Ajax players weekly training schedule. For the younger players it is closer to 10%-15% and the emphasis is more on the coordination, agility, and mobility training. Heavy strength and speed/acceleration training does not begin until around age 13.

Two training sessions were arranged with Laszlo Jambor, the fitness trainer at Ajax. Laszlo is one of the few Ajax staff members that works directly with youth teams and the First team. Laszlo's training methods and techniques have re-written the books on fitness development for soccer players, especially youth players, and are widely used around the world at professional and amateur clubs alike.

The team arrived at de Toekomst (the Future), Ajax's famous youth development complex at 9:00am. Laszlo introduced himself to the group, spoke briefly about his background and then gave a description of the teams activities for the day.

Ajax, and Laszlo in particular, have literally turned player development into a science. The fitness test is tracked electronically, in several ways. Electronic touch pads at the beginning and end of the test record when a players begins and ends, down to the millisecond.

Full story

We go on and on about how bad we are at physical development and the master at it is Hungarian.

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyway I just watched a DVD on Debrecen's preparation for the champions league. They interviewed everyone (including the chef) but not Jámbor...because they didn't know who he was :D

but he was there.

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
I wanna see the whole thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing PLZ

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Find me a place where I can upload and I'll see what I can do ;)
But I still want a volunteer to translate some parts in full... at least what Jámbor says.

Meanwhile I search for this book.

chapter 8 looks interesting ;)

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
google video?!

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
Bentex said:
Here is the start... What does Jámbor say?

Hungarian football, in all, doesn't bring results.

the question is rather, if we have the potential to go on from here

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for that :) As a reward I give you this :drunk:

Hungarian football's future :proud:

Google video...hmmm I can't upload the whole thing now I don't have time but please can you (or anyone) translate this in full?

-88019641028024022​

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I'll do it just give me some time :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
-Hungarian youth players - until a certain age - are the same level of quality as international
youth players. The point when performance starts to fall is when further developing needs infrastructure and advanced training tecnhology.
Why? We can say 10 months is training time in a year. 4 months: November, December, January and February in zero in quality. Problems with pitches everywhere.

-Football is very important for the Hungarian economy and society to be known and admired internationally. The economy is not on a high level to be competitive at international level.
This is not coming from exaggerating the love of football, but let's say there's a meeting where Gyurcsány and Blair are talking and Blair says: (Hello, Hello...) that goal, which was disallowed in Manchester by Halmosi, that was a clear goal, I saw it on telly... - they have a subject, otherwise they don't, what does Blair know about Gyurcsány? Nothing. But He knows more about Hungary thanks to that. 100.000s, millions see it. The moment when we play against Man United or Hajduk Split our performance will be shown on CNN no matter if it's only a flash. What Hungarian economical activity will appear on CNN?

-Throughout history an ethnic group - identified with a successful football club in this case - could rise, and be more sucsessful because of their culture, technology and organizing were on a higher level, not the same as the others. Football is a technology of producing success and players. If this is on an international standard at club and national level, it's successful.

-Leo Beenhakker told me at the beginning: in football, you must watch the happening where is no ball. Are there any philosophers like this in Hungarian football like Leo Beenhakker, Johan Cruyff, Louis van Gaal? Ajax philosophy. The ball is always faster than the player. And the ball should go, the ball should roll and run, not the player. 90 minutes of football can't be commanded phisically by a person. Just try it back and forth, back and forth when will the muscles become acidy and unable to move. The main thing is dictating the pace of a game. To make the opponent run so they'll be tired first. Matches are decided in 3-5 minute phases. The time between these phases should be also controlled of course, and the players should be able to change rhythm in these moments when it is needed. You must teach this to players.

-There are two types of muscle fibers - slow and fast. You can't make a slow fast, however there are theories for this, but there is a physiological fact. You can make a fast muscle fiber slow. So because of bad training fast motor units can become slow. Such often cultural events, economical results don't come on weekdays. With such little invest a big national action, compassion, feeling when listening to a club anthem or a national anthem doesn't happen any other times.

-I believe that the genetical heritage which was there in the time of Puskás must have been remained through Mészöly, Farkas, Albert and the others and it is still here today. The possibility of it's better management and exploitation is the question.

·
Registered
80,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aron said:
As as been said on here, him being arrogant may not be all bad. Especially in a case such as this where one of the biggest problems seem to be a lack of overall faith. Which is my fav part about the Academy in the film...the young players BELIEVE they can compete on the highest level and become great.
I couldn't agree more :thumbsup: more arrogant people in Hungarian football the better :thumbsup: lets have players and coaches with belief :thumbsup:

Could he be our Saviour?

You don't have a CV like his without being quality.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
here's some absolutely fantastic news:

The MLSZ has hired Laszlo Jambor as development director. he will also serve on Koeman's staff while coordinating the work of the new training complex in Telki, overseeing coaching classes and all the youth teams.

He's signed through Oct. 31, 2009, same as Koeman.

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/cikk.php?cikk=185359&

This is huge news. And very, very, very good news.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts