Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kuffour is back in Munich. His African (Ghana) national team coach threw him out of the team after he made "trouble". Hitzfeld said he believes in Sammys innocence and he is happy that he can plan with Kuffour in the upcoming games.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm, first it's not proven he did anything wrong yet ;).

And second, even if it's not the right attitude and I don't like such attitudes, I think if you play CL and in a big European league or even WC then the African Cup is nothing more than a friendly tournament anymore.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
well at least im happy hes back without getting injured, who cars about the african nations cup!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Tigerheart said:
then the African Cup is nothing more than a friendly tournament anymore.
Doubtlessly that is, maybe even less than friendly compared to the level of CL and so, but when it comes to your country you have to work your a$$ off, even if you're playing in your back yard. ;)
Joking apart, it isn't his (or generally these kind of players') playing level that irritates those countries, but rather their personality. I guess you don't know what I'm talking about since it can't happen in Germany, Tigerheart. It happens in 3rd world countries, like Iran. ;)

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rafo said:
Doubtlessly that is, maybe even less than friendly compared to the level of CL and so, but when it comes to your country you have to work your a$$ off, even if you're playing in your back yard. ;)

Well, thats exactly the attitude I demand of a player. Look in the tennis forum for example, what I wrote about Nicolas Kiefer and German tennis players in general (after Boris and Steffi :D). But if somebody hasn't this attitude one can't change it, imo this kind of fighting spirit is in one from the birth on or will never be in one.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imo arrogance is something one can change himself. But it's a hard way to go :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts