Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After today's earlier kick off, we are currently 7 points ahead prior to us playing our match with a chance to go 10 points clear with just 6 matches left.

We will have just over 500 supporters making the 4000km round journey from St Petersburg to Krasnodar.

Team news -

Crisicito is suspended after his sending off last week but we welcome back Hulk, Danny and Smolynkov after all were suspended for the mid-week Europa League quarter final v Seville. Ryazanstev and Garay both suspended for the return match v Seville but I'm still expecting Rondon to keep his place, we will have our Russian 4 player quota courtesy of the Criscito suspension and Anyukov and Smolynkov being our full backs.

Team -

Lodygin
Anyukov
Neto
Garay
Smolynkov
Shatov
Witsel
Garcia
Hulk
Danny
Rondon

Let's go Zenit!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
javi also susp and no timochuk.

so i guess witsel to play as dm alongside ryazantsev.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garcia and Criscito will be completely fresh then for the Seville return match.

I'm predicting AVB plays a player nobody expects, Rodic did decent on Thursday and up until he came up, we were far better than when he came off. From when he came off after 65 minutes we didn't threaten once.

I'm all for giving Rodic another game to see what he's made of.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lodygin
Smolnikov
Garay
Lombaerts
Anyukov
Neto
Shatov
Witsel
Riazantsev
Danny
Hulk

Not sure how the team will line up.

Possibly Neto as left back and Smolynkov as a right midfielder.

Rondon on the Bench. The good news, AVB doesn't like to rotate but due to suspensions, Rondon, Criscito and Garcia will all be fully rested for the Seville match on Thursday. There are just 50 tickets left for this match.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kuban 0 Zenit 0 (Half-time)

Pretty non descript first half, not the best of conditions with some really heavy rain fall.

We are playing like a team with their 2nd long distance game in just 3 days. We will have covered over 13000 KM in 2 really long round trips.

It won't be too long before Rondon comes on.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will Hulk, Danny and Witsel play against Sevilla on Thursday?
Yep, all 3 of them will play.

We welcome back Criscito, Hulk, Danny and Smolnykov who were all suspended from the 1st leg and all will start in the 2nd leg.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've changed the gears the last few minutes.

15 minutes left.

Let's do this Piter!

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should have been 1-0, Shatov 4 yards out over the bar with a header.

Shatov last touch, Arshavin on to replace him.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Full time 0-0

We remain 8 points clear with 6 matches left.

It was a pretty non eventual game due to the conditions, we looked slightly tired but did step up our game towards the end. Thankfully for the Seville game we will have a fresh Garcia and Criscito, almost fresh Rondon and not knowing what is wrong with Tymo a fresh player for the Bench.

With our goal difference being 17 better than Krasnodar even if they won all their remaining matches, then 10 points would still clinch the Title - 3 wins and a draw.

Our remaining fixtures in date order

Arsenal Tula (H)
Spartak Moscow (A)
Rostov (H)
FC Ufa (A)
Amkar Perm (A)
Loko (H)

Krasnodar remaining fixtures -

Lokomotiv Moscow (H)
Arsenal Tula (A)
Amkar Perm (H)
Torpedo Moscow (H)
Rostov (H)
Dynamo Moscow (A)

Even being slightly ambitious, the very most I can see Krasnodar picking up is 15 points which would mean we would need 7 points - 2 wins and a draw. I've no doubt though they will drop points against someone you would expect them to win against and I can't see them beating Dynamo Moscow away.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1st Zenit 24 matches played 56 Points +37
2nd Krasnodar 24 matched played 48 Points +20

Next up for us is back to back home matches, Seville in the Europa League quarter final on Thursday final followed by the Arsenal Tula on Sunday.

Let's do this Piter!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
cdg first tie breaker is the number of wins....

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cdg first tie breaker is the number of wins....
We've got 17 wins they have got 14 wins.

To catch up, we would need to win 2 matches out of our last 6 and they win all 6.

The most wins they can get is 20. So if we win 3 then we would be tied on wins but with a +17 goal difference and superior head to head record.

Let's get the Champers out Kleber!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts