Xtratime Community banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Add to that the fact that Nasty is having one of his best seasons in recent times and Tosic is on the way down at Besiktas.

Welcome back btw Marko, good to see you around again. :thumbsup:
Thanks Krle! Great to see you around as well. Agree completely about Nastasic.

Poor display, nothing to be hopeful about right now. Our passing game is non-existent, our players are positioned way too far out from eachother. The attacking game the 3-4-3 brought us has been nullified, but our defense is still shit. Not claiming we should go back to the 3-4-3 btw, but we'll need to make major steps in this formation for it to work. SMS will add a lot, but guys like Tadic and Kostic will need to up their game fast. First half we had no balance to the side as Marko said, but the second half the 2 DM formation proved worthless once again.
I guess that's one of the problems with changing the system/captain/squad on the eve of a major tournament. There just isn't enough time to get things settled. Beyond that, I'm not even sure Krstajic has a totally consistent idea behind what he wants beyond playing more attacking.

Morocco is a good team, but unfortunately it was two mistakes from Maksimovic that won them the game. They did not create many other dangerous chances but they were far more comfortable with the ball at their feet, their positioning was superior and they looked like a team that knew how to play with each other. For us, everything depends on moments of individual brilliance and players like Tadic and Kostic are not at the level they were a year ago.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Well any hopes that I had in Krstajic maybe having a good mind for coaching are seriously dashed after that display. That starting 11 was retarded and any side with decent players would have scored multiple goals. Mayve you play that VS a minnow that will binker and let us have possession but not a real side. Its really mind blowing how he could not see that. Matic has to play alongside another DM or we are even shittier than we already are.

I think he can fix the formation and avoid more stupidity but can he become a good manager in 3 months? highly unlikely.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I guess the only positive is we now know what we look like with an attacking lineup :howler:

We don't have the discipline. Back to being a strong defensive unit with dangerous wingers and a target man up front. I hope Krstajic can learn from this and try something more conservative in the next game.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
The balance was just way off, Krstajic simply got it wrong. Playing Two attacking wing backs and two attacking midfielders and expecting Matic to cover for all 4 was suicide, Matic couldn't get into the game cause all he was thinking about was trying to cover for 4 players.

Maksimovic was obviously horrendous, when he lobbed the ball up to himself to try a fancy header back to the keeper really set the tone for the rest of the game, absolute no structure just wild football.

The team id like to see against Nigeria is:
------------------Stojkovic
Basta---Veljkovic---Nastasic---Kolarov
-----------Milivojevic--Matic
--------------------SMS
Tadic-----------------------------Ljajic
-----------------Mitrovic

If SMS can't play replace him with Ljajic and Put Kostic/Zivkovic on the left wing.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
After that last game, I don't want to see Maksimovic starting anymore. One of the worst individual defensive performances I've seen, up there with Stefan Mitrovic.

Milivojevic to me is the type of player you expect to see on the Scottish or Irish NT. Lacks the technical ability to contribute offensively but isn't positionally aware enough to be a great defensive midfielder either.

It's a shame there's still so many question marks about the lineup so close to the World Cup.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Supporting strikers as Zivkovic and Ljajic playing as central midfielders!? 5 forwards at the same time?

I like Krstajic's squad selections but this is alarming. Please, just play the best players on their natural positions and everything will be fine. This would be a balanced team:

Stojkovic
Basta - Ivanovic - Nastasic* - Kolarov
Milivojevic* - Matic
Zivkovic - Sergej - Tadic
Mitrovic

- For me it's a open race between Nastasic, D.Tosic, and Veljkovic about the spot next to Ivanovic at CB. It's important to find the starting CB-pair as soon as possible.
- Milivojevic or Fejsa should play next to Matic imo.
- Ljajic and Kostic would be good options to come in from bench.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Fejsa next to Matic is fine. I don't recall Fejsa having a bad game next to Matic before and it irritates me that he gets overlooked. That should be our starting CM pairing without a doubt IMO.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Miha at the game last night and lurking in the shadows, I wonder if Kokeza will test those waters if Krstajic has another gong show vs Nigeria.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Miha at the game last night and lurking in the shadows, I wonder if Kokeza will test those waters if Krstajic has another gong show vs Nigeria.
Krstajic is in way over his head on this one.. I have nothing against the guy, his not qualified for the job. I think FSS hiring him was knee jerk reaction and they really wanted Stojkovic but he ended up getting offered a shit load of money in China and they couldn't match it TBH I don't think they had plan B.

This WC campaign will be disaster, we can't seem to get any momentum and when we do (Antic era) the FSS shits all over it. I suggest we call in sick for the month to avoid any embarrassment.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts