Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, simple... we play Morocco, another World Cup participant in Torino. This will be a solid test to see where we are at, as well as the match against Nigeria several days later. Very curious to see what your guys' thoughts are on the match and who we see starting. Here's the squad Krle has called up. Let's see if he can mould this team.

Vladimir Stojković
Predrag Rajković
Marko Dmitrović
Branislav Ivanović
Aleksandar Kolarov (captain)
Antonio Rukavina
Ivan Obradović
Matija Nastasić
Duško Tošić
Nikola Maksimović
Dušan Basta
Miloš Veljković
Dušan Tadić
Nemanja Matić (vice-captain)
Adem Ljajić
Luka Milivojević
Filip Kostić
Andrija Živković
Mijat Gaćinović
Marko Grujić
Nemanja Maksimović
Aleksandar Mitrović
Aleksandar Prijović

The starting 11 I'd like to see start against Morocco -

Stojkovic
Ivanovic Maksimovic Nastasic Kolarov
Matic Milivojevic
Zivkovic Ljajic Tadic
Mitrovic​

My reasoning being is that I'd like to see a trio of Grujic, Maksimovic and Gacinovic in the center for the second game against Nigeria. I doubt that will happen, but one can hope.

Ajmo momci!

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, one of the best pics from this campaign... I'm sure we all felt it in that moment.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I'd like to see our strongest side start in both games, if Krstajic is 50/50 on a certain starting position he can start one player in one game and the other player in the other game. Players that he doesn't see as starters should be played as subs because the reality is they'd only feature as a sub at the world cup. eg Grujic shouldn't start in either game, he's nowhere near being a realistic starter for the national team yet.

I reckon our strongest side should play a solid 60-65min together in both game then a number of subs can be made after that point.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's a fair point Srb. And yes regarding Milinkovic-Savic. A part of me thinks the FSS made a deal with Lazio that we wouldn't call him up for these friendlies as he's crucial for their battle for the top four, but down the line he'll play. It's all about flexibility at the national level these days and maybe both parties agreed it was needed to also try and prevent injury. I wonder how much of SMS being out the last two games at Lazio is an actual injury versus rest to ensure he is fit for the final push of the season in which Lazio are in the quarters of the Europa League and also pushing for that fourth spot in Serie A for the Champions League.

Game is about five hours away against Morocco.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I only read that SMS is out of the Morocco game and there is a chance he could play against Nigeria. Vujadin Savic is out for both games however.

I think Dmitrovic is our best goalkeeper right now. He's doing very well in Spain and was excellent against South Korea.

One of the most notable things for me with the squad is the lack of DMs - only two were called up (Matic, Milivojevic). When we're at full strength, it looks like Krstajic only plans to start one.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’d love no stojkovic .For me he just sets a tone of insecurity back there . The mental game is lost before the team even steps out on the field with hm.
I have to say I've been surprised with the emergence of Dmitrovic. He didn't do anything at Zvezda that's warranted these results in La Liga. Just goes on to show that you can't write off a player. Everyone develops at their own pace and you never know at this level. Sometimes all it takes is consistency and confidence.

It'd be interesting to see Dmitrovic for a bit of time in these friendlies as well as Rajkovic but I just think it's due to Stojkovic's experience that he'll get the nod.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts

Looks like FSS hired RB as their graphics expert. The line-up straight out of MS Paint.

Super attacking. Živković has been playing in this position for Benfica btw.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
MOROCCO

12. El Kajoui Munir.
8. Karim El Ahmadi.
3. Hamza Mendil.
17. Nabil Dirar.
16. Nouredine Amrabat.
10. Youness Belhanda.
14. Mbarek Boussoufa.
5. Mehdi El Mottaqui Benatia.
6. Romain Saiss.
7. Hakim Ziyech.
13. Khalid Boutaib.

BENCH

22. Ahmed Reda Tagnaouti.
11. Faycal Fajr.
9. Soufiane Boufal.
15. Ayoub El Kaabi.
23, Walid Azarou.
21. Soufiane Amrabat.
24. Badr Banoun.
20. Aziz Bouhaddouz.
19. Yassine Bammou.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
I have to say I've been surprised with the emergence of Dmitrovic. He didn't do anything at Zvezda that's warranted these results in La Liga. Just goes on to show that you can't write off a player. Everyone develops at their own pace and you never know at this level. Sometimes all it takes is consistency and confidence.
I'm not super convinced by Dmitrović. He doesn't face an excess of shots on target because Eibar are a team that's built in a similar fashion to Atlético (with less quality players obviously) and they protect him in an excellent manner. I'd say they're on a similar level defensively compared to Villarreal (who're pretty good, top 8 in Spain) but they suffered lots of goals in the beginning of the season which sunk them in the standings a bit.

Dmitrović is more stable than Stojković for an example but as he's yet to appear as a goalkeeper that actually makes game changing saves. His save percentage just confirms the suspicions. Only Rulli, Lizoain, Rubén Martínez and Sergio Rico (worst in the league) have a worse save percentage in LaLiga.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look at us joining modern society... well definitely a couple of surprises with Dmitrovic in goal, Basta at right back, Tosic centrally and Ljajic from the start. Something tells me Krstajic views Ljajic as the key creator in this side, at least in the middle and will rely on Matic to clean up defensively.

It'll be interesting to see how this functions given both Zivkovic and Ljajic are more offensive minded. I'm guessing the wingers have been duly instructed to track back if we find ourselves out of shape. The only surprise I don't like is Tosic, but from everything I've read thus far, and from the limited amounts I've seen it's been noted that he has turned a huge corner at Besiktas. Let's see if he can deliver at this level. At the same time, I still prefer Nastasic.

In regards to Morocco, there's some really solid players in there including Dirar, Belhanda, Amrabat, Ziyech... a solid test here no doubt.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not super convinced by Dmitrović. He doesn't face an excess of shots on target because Eibar are a team that's built in a similar fashion to Atlético (with less quality players obviously) and they protect him in an excellent manner. I'd say they're on a similar level defensively compared to Villarreal (who're pretty good, top 8 in Spain) but they suffered lots of goals in the beginning of the season which sunk them in the standings a bit.

Dmitrović is more stable than Stojković for an example but as he's yet to appear as a goalkeeper that actually makes game changing saves. His save percentage just confirms the suspicions. Only Rulli, Lizoain, Rubén Martínez and Sergio Rico (worst in the league) have a worse save percentage in LaLiga.
That's the thing for me Zoric; as much as Stojkovic has his faults, he tends to rise up to the big occasion when he feels like he has something to prove. Like his eccentricity or not, that's something our other goalkeepers don't have quite yet. In addition, he's played at a World Cup before, and thus nerves won't be an issue as well. That's primarily why I prefer him over the other two keepers at the minute. Let's see how Dmitrovic reacts to being handed a very rare start.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Tošić has been much better than Nastasić for the NT. He's responded everytime he's been given the responsability to play.

Something tells me they're going to press Morocco high up the pitch because Ljajić and Živković aren't players you can rely on defensively for balance. The line-up looks naive but it's a friendly and if they plan on using something similar when they need to win games in Russia, then I think it's perfectly fine.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
I am struggling to remember when previously we selected such an offensive line up for the NT

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Puma managed to make our warm-up look bad. What city in Morocco are they in ?

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Bring back Miha

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Turin, Italy, RB.

1-0 from the penalty spot. Maksimovic with the foul. I don't trust either of these CB's tbh. Veljkovic-Nastasic is the way forward for me.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
1-0 for Morocco from a penalty for a foul from that trained seal, Maksimovic

·
Registered
264 Posts
Same old shit. we can't seem to go a game without somebody fvcking up. We are going to get raped at WC

1 - 20 of 51 Posts