Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyones thoughts on him?

He's had an impressive start weighing in with a few goals - he is already on 31 goals for the season which is a great tally and could even end the season as top scorer for Kilmarnock AND for us!

Despite this, and i know it's pretty unfair on him as you cant really ask anymore from your strikers than to get goals, he seems to annoy me alot for some reason which i just cant put my finger on (and as he's annoying me there's loads of things he does which i notice and then get annoyed about so it's a pretty vicious circle). :irritate:

On conclusion, he's done well and had a good start to his rangers career - but football fans like myself can be right dicks at times :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Dont think hes doing too much wrong at all,to be honest.
Hes getting into positions that others weren't,if we had stuck our neck out and bought him in the summer,we would probably be running a very poor Celtic team very close for the title.Think back to some of our poorer games this season,and think how many times we've all moaned about lack of a poacher-type striker to turn a defeat into a draw,or a draw into a win.
Sure he misses a lot,but thats encouraging,at least hes getting into positions.
I cant wait to see him next season,when hes got some more quality players round him making even more chances!!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I'm not sold on him yet and can understand TBs frustrations. Like Coisty he's not much of a footballer. The ball seems to bounce off him all the time rather than stick which makes me worry about what kind of future he may have under Le Guen.

His goal ratio this season is incredible though. No one in the SPL is anywhere near him on that count. If we'd had him from the start of the season then I am sure his goals would have meant we would not be in the current situation.

Le Guen's first season will be the making or breaking of Boyd in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
His technical ability may not be great, but imo getting yourselves into great positions and always finding yourself on the end of chances is an art form in itself. I really hope he won't be completely frozen out next season, but maybe Le Guen will want more from his strikers.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It will really p*** me off if PLG comes in and decides not to take advantage of him, and instead - dump him to the bench in favour for a foreigner who is likely to take a while to settle.
Boyd certianly has potential, but he wil need the matches next season in-order to keep his confidence running high.

·
Registered
4 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
I'm not sold on him yet and can understand TBs frustrations. Like Coisty he's not much of a footballer. The ball seems to bounce off him all the time rather than stick which makes me worry about what kind of future he may have under Le Guen.

His goal ratio this season is incredible though. No one in the SPL is anywhere near him on that count. If we'd had him from the start of the season then I am sure his goals would have meant we would not be in the current situation.

Le Guen's first season will be the making or breaking of Boyd in my opinion.
I agree with you, hopefully Le Guen will stick with him, but i can see Le Guen going after a more technical footballer.

I like Boyd, i think he has given the rest of our players confidence to do well in the league since his arrival. He may not be technically amazing- but he has a good header on his, and one hell of a strick and he always seems to be in the right places at the right time. There was some chances in Villareal where i thought, if Boyd had started he would have finished that- he may have missed a sitter but i ain't going to point the fingure at him because he has done so much for us since his arrival.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Agree with all the points made so far. Boyd for me is still a bit inconsistent, and I know that's a bit flabbergasting when you look at his goal record. But what I mean is, he'll score say 5 goals in 2 games... then go another couple without scoring, if you see what I'm saying.

Thing is though, should he achieve even more consistency, the technical stuff pretty much goes out the window. As Angle states, getting yourself into goalscoring positions is an art in itself. Look at Batistuta, he wasn't the most technically gifted footballer nor did he have a lot to his game. But he could quite simply hit the ball much harder than anyone else, so he became a legend quite rightly.

Goalscorers are worth their weight in gold, and Kris Boyd will become a very important player for Rangers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts