Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As expected, a catastrophy...

One striker - Wallner....
Herzog, Dospel, Feldhofer, Landerl: AARGHH!
Goriupp.....no comment.

Hansee and his Green Mafia talk of "to be taken seriously again" and field this obscure bunch of players.:yuck:

Oh, 3-0....

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Oh Gott...

Playing with two offensive midfielders and having no posession and Spielaufbau at all is just a shame. And that's 100% due to the old man...
And for the defence: How to say "jenseits von gut und böse" in Englisch?

PS: It's only 2:3. So everything is great again in Austria, isn't it? ;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank god, Germany plays also bad. But a nice goal by Wallner, one has to admit.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The joke continues:

Krankl now plays:
3 defensive midfielders in midfield (Hiden, Aufhauser, Mählich) + 1 dm (Scharner) in defence.
Dospel, who's completely out of form for 90 minutes...
two right wings (Cerny, Kitzbichler) at the same time.
no central offensive midfielder.
after bringing on Brunmayr for Herzog (which resulted in a better Austrian side, surprise, surprise...), he takes Wallner off and fields Hiden instead.

Oh my god! Normally you can't loose against this joke of a German team. We manage it, 6-2...

KRANKL RAUS!:mad:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Goriupp just complaining about not having Lufthoheit is a joke. I guess I didn't see him enough this season - didn't expect him to be that bad.

Dospel was a joke, many others too, but the most disappointing fact is that we saw a NT without any system. Isn't the coach responsible for tactics? ;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, Germany were invited to shoot 6 goals by an invisible opponent...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
It seems to me that some of you here are not quite grasping the concept of a test-match. While I am not particularly delighted to go down 6-2 against Germany, one has to consider that such matches always have one major purpose: trying new systems and bringing in new faces. That´s exactly what Krankl did, so what is the point in solely blaming him?

I definitely prefer losing 6-2 in a test match while checking a new system and new players rather than agaisnt the Czech or the Dutch when it counts. Griping at this point is useless, though.

Krankl´s objective is to form a new team, and it´s inevitable to give new players a shot. It´s also inevitable to get slapped at some point if one tries to find a line which, seeing the poor material Krankl has to deal with, is not exactly an easy thing.

Krankl and his Green Mafia? Well, finally a new argument here at last. Arguing that Krankl has to leave after his first loss, what a shame. What did you expect? Get real already. We don´t have the material to compete a strong team. The team is about to become restructured. Such things need their time. Take off your SKR-hate-goggles and start thinking at last.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A test match?

Why Herzog? WHY??

A test match usually makes sense, if I try to develope a system or if I want to test 2 or 3 players, but not, if I field a team that looks like being chosen by Bayer Leverkusens "Klofrau".
Krankl has no concept, no vision and last but not least no idea whom to call. He can motivate teams that fight for survival, but he lacks the intelligence or the character to BUILD a team.

Again: Dospel is completely out of form for weeks. Playing Feldhofer against Jancker is very intelligent. Let's see, how little Ferdi works against a guy that could eat him alive...

Such test games don't help us, but are the stepping stones towards a completely ridiculous image. Those games destroy our young players rather than giving them self confidence. And even the greatest SCR fan has to see what Krankl does. 5 Rapid players ("from the worst Rapid side in history") in the squad, 2 from Tirol, 2 from GAK, 1 from Sturm....I guess he would even call Lederer...

All I want is an unbiased coach, a foreigner that calls up the best players, gives them a system and lets them develope slowly .

If it goes on like this we will finish last in our qualification group. And I stand to my word. It's a Green Mafia that destroys our football for decades now, and will go on and on.:(

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The players Krankl lined up are not the main problem IMO, the alternatives are obviously poor. But I just don't see any system, any concept in this NT. It was obvious that Germany would be strong on both wings for example, but we turned up with 4 central midfielders (Mählich, Aufhauser, Herzog, Weissenberger). Reading critical newspapers out to the players and shoutig "Wir werden es den A********ern schon zeigen!" is not what I expect from a coach.
Of course he has to bring in new players, but he also has to line up a competitive squad. And if you don't have a young defender who can win Lufthoheit against Jancker you have to take an old one.
Do you think Krankl did Landerl and Dospel any good today?

And don't get me wrong, I always liked Herzog very much, but if he really has to reach 100 caps, it will be enough to bring him in for the last 5 minutes the next four times. This is not the end of his career he deserves.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Viola said:
If it goes on like this we will finish last in our qualification group. And I stand to my word. It's a Green Mafia that destroys our football for decades now, and will go on and on.:(
Feel free to do so. But don´t count on my participation in such mind games in the future. Polemics is not what I am here for.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Arantes

I agree, Dospel´s and Landerl´s performances might mean the hold-up for their NT careers for a while. But again, when if not on such occasions would you give them a chance? It´s pretty meaningless to set up a match against Andorra or whomever to try them out.

Krankl definitely has made up his mind about Landerl. He sure watched him and thus knows him better than we here do. And seeing that we, as you already stated, deeply lack alternatives in our backline, Dospel sounded like an appropriate choice, as did Feldhofer. We just don´t have better defenders IMO.

About Herzog, I agree that I am a bit biased here, but he was by far not the catastrophy all of you claim he was. But, he also couldn´t help the team. Still being an influencial person, he might be a real help for our team in the (near) future :)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
:rolleyes:

Didn´t know Dospel and Goriupp play for Rapid, so much for the "Green mafia"-comment.

Well, I think there is a clear concept.
Krankl is building a team for the future, just like he said: There are probably better players available, but they wouldn´t help us at all for the next big championships.
Krankl is trying alternatives at test games (that´s what test games are for, no?), Landerl didn´t work out, so what.

Almost all 6 goals were a joke, Manninger is clearly a class better than Goriupp (who is a better goalie actually than he looked like yesterday, a very bad day for him), he could´ve made a difference.
Vastic, on the other hand, wasn´t missed at all. But let´s allow Robert Seepferd to live in a world of his own. Poor guy.

Player ratings:

Goriupp: 5
Didn´t have one good save. Looked bad at almost all the goals.

Dospel: 5
True, not in form. A mistake by Krankl to call him up. But Pogatetz would not have been any better, I suppose.

Feldhofer: 4
Wasn´t as obviously bad as Dospel.

Baur: 3
Looked like the best men of our defense, even won some duels against Jancker.

Mählich: 4
Farblos.

Aufhauser: 3
Not only because of his goal, but also one of the more productive guys in midfield.

Landerl: 5
Unfortunately a flop. Germany isn´t the easiest opponent for a debut though. Krankl will give him another chance, I´m sure.

Cerny: 5
Even worse than Landerl, in my opinion. Don´t know why he wasn´t substituted.

Herzog: 5

Weissenberger: 4
Unfortunately not as good as against Cameroon.

Wallner: 3
That goal was awesome! :star:
But all alone up front.

From the subs, Panis immediately made an impact. No doubt he´s our #1 on the left side (at least until Flögel comes back to the NT).
The others looked weak.

As always, the most important stats of the evening:

Patriotism-ranking:

singing the anthem:
Goriupp
Dospel
Feldhofer
Mählich
Aufhauser
Herzog
Weissenberger
Wallner (at least it looked like he was singing it)

not singing the anthem:
Baur
Landerl
Cerny

6-5 against Slovakia, 5-6 against Cameroon, 8-3:strong: this time!
So that game was a big success actually.
Which is also proved by the next stats:
Players injured: 1 (Sebastian Deisler)
Bayern-players injured: 1 (Sebastian Deisler)
Bayern/injured players: 100%, perfect ratio!:D

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Der Untergang des Fußball

I take the freedom to post my German comment on the game...

Nachbetrachtung Deutschland - Österreich

Ein teilweise furchtbares Spiel zweier Mannschaften, denen man kaum WM-tauglichkeit bescheiningen kann, was zumindest den Deutschen Kopfzerbrechen bereiten sollte. Das dies nicht der Fall ist, ist eigentlich kaum zu glauben. Wenn Völler und Co sich sich freuen, kann man das anhand des Ergebnis ja noch verstehen, aber was bringt Herrn Krankl dazu beinahe positiv zu bilanzieren? In einer Anhäufung peinlichster Szenen und teils brutaler Fouls beider Teams Positiva zu finden, halte ich eigentlich für unmöglich.
Das Spiel beginnt mit einer guten Aktion über Weissenberger, aber damit sind unsere Offensivaktionen praktisch zusammengefaßt.
Das 1:0 der Deutschen kann verharmlost noch als unglücklich angesehen werden. Dospel klärt vor Jancker, bringt den Ball aber nicht weit genug weg und Klose kann unbehindert einschiessen – von Manndecker Feldhofer keine Spur.
Eine weitere Flanke bringt das 2:0. Aufhauser beim Kopfball zu spät, Goriupp übt sich im Fliegenfangen, Aufhauser irrt die Linie entlang und versucht zu klären, schafft es aber nicht.
Beim 3:0 sieht Goriupp interessiert zu, ebenso Herzog, der keine Anstalten macht Bode am Kopfball zu hindern.
Unberechtigte Hoffnung schüren die folgenden Szenen. Aufhauser beim Freistoß vollkommen ungedeckt, Kahn kassiert ein Guckerl, nur noch 3:1 – mit solchen Abwehrfehlern kommt Deutschland bei einer WM nicht weit.
Überhaupt war Deutschland kaum gefordert, konnte mit Ausnahme einiger Aktionen über rechts aber nichts sehenswertes bieten. Der Schuß übers Stadiondach charakterisiert den Zustand des Deutschen Fußballs ziemlich gut – Mario Haas hätte seine Freude.
Auf Zufall aufgebaut das 3:2. Panis „schießt“ von links, Wallner fälscht den Ball mit der Fußspitze ab, Kahn reagiert etwas träge.
Der Höhepunkt nicht vorhandener Fußballkunst sollte aber erst folgen. Cerny versucht zu klären, findet aber exakt den Gegner, dessen Flanke zu Klose kommt. Dospel beim Kopfball falsch postiert, Goriupp mit Schäferstündchen - 4:2.
Es sollte noch schlimmer kommen. Ballverlust, Cerny kann Bode nicht halten, Goriupp kommt unmotiviert zu weit aus dem Tor und verfehlt Bode und Ball ebenfalls, der Rettungsversuch von Dospel und Baur scheitert. Deutschland führt 5:2.
Das 6:2 ein weiterer Höhepunkt österreichischen Unvermögens. Dospel demonstriert eindrucksvoll gräßliche Unform per katastrophalem Haken, zwischen Scharner und Baur kommt Teamküken Bierofka frei zum Einschiessen.
Freilich konnte die Deutschen weitere Geschenke nicht annehmen, so etwa Jancker und auch Asamoah.

Goriupp: 5 – Kein einziger gefährlicher Ball, den er halten konnte. An zumindest 2 Toren Hauptschuldiger. Mißglücktes Abschiedsspiel vom Team beim Teamdebüt.
Dospel: 5 – 1 Tor verschuldet, 2 Mal wesentlich mitschuldig, nach vorne nicht vorhanden. Mehr muß man nicht sagen. Unverständlich nur – oder eigentlich typisch – daß nur er im Fernsehen „zur Sau“ gemacht wurde.
Baur: 4-5 – Als Abwehrchef nicht vorhanden, zumindest keine groben individuellen Fehler.
Feldhofer 5 – Beim ersten Tor Zuschauer, auch beim zweiten nicht bei seinem Mann. Offensiv eine Reihe teils furchtbarer Fehlpässe.
Herzog 5 – Das ganze Spiel über offensiv nicht vorhanden, defensiv nur als Zuschauer beim 3:0 aufgefallen, zum Glück mußte er vom Platz, hoffentlich sein letzter Teamauftritt.
Cerny 5 – Nie aufgefallen auf der rechten Außenbahn, defensiv einige katastrophale Schnitzer.
Aufhauser 4-5 – Unauffällig, kaum brauchbare Bälle, beim zweiten Gegentor fehl am Platz. Zumindest konnte er die Auflage zum 3:1 nützen.
Mählich 3-4 – Keine positiven Szenen, dafür aber auch keine negativen.
Landerl 5 – Ein Absteiger aus Hollands Liga, ist eben nur ein Absteiger aus Hollands Liga.
Weissenberger 2-3 – Konnte sich offensiv zumindest phasenweise in Szene setzen, auch wenn selten wirklich brauchbares erreicht wurde.
Wallner 4-5 – Die seltenen Male, die er am Ball war, bewies er fehlendes Spielverständnis, ausgedrückt durch „blind gespielte“ Bälle. Der ungewollt erfolgreich abgefälschte Ball beim 2. Tor bewahrt ihn vor einer 5.
Scharner 3-4 – Nicht negativ aufgefallen.
Panis 3-4 – Gute Aktion zum zweiten Tor, danach untergetaucht.
Brunmayr 5 – Kaum erkennbar, daß er tatsächlich am Feld war.
Pogatetz 0 – Gelb bei der Heimpremiere...
Hiden 0 – Nicht aufgefallen.
Kitzbichler 0 – Laufen ist alles was er kann.

Fazit: Krankl RAUS!!!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
For once, I absolutely agree with you guys. Krankl has become intolerable. I mean, he lost a match, so how could we, the proud, success-pampered football-nation, possibly keep on employing him? He must go, and now. Heck, it even was a friendlymatch he lost, daring to bring in new players to give them a trial. He´s gone insane, there´s no other explanation for this behaviour. Me too, I couldn´t care less to lose a competitive match, I want instant success NOW!

And the players he called up! What´s this supposed to be? Considering the domestic world class material that is running around in our league, how could he just pick the players he did? He must be blind. Doesn´t he see that we´re best off if we continuously keep on fielding the same 11 players? We don´t need alternatives – injuries or bad form streaks happen ever so seldomly in soccer, so what´s the point in calling up new players all the time?

I also agree with you, the Green Mafia definitely means the final downfall for our National Team. Damn, if only I could come up with some violet legend to take over our team. There´s simply too much genius material running around in an FAK jersey to keep refraining to call them up. As there´s obviously no one in sight, though, we are doomed. Although, why not trying experienced coaches like Daxbacher? Sara? Baumeister? Obermayer? I hope that one of them turns out to be our saviour soon.

But once again: Down with Krankl! Down with Payer who did nothing to avoid the goals! Down with Feldhofer! Down with Hiden! Down with Wallner, that overrated piece of sh!t! He only scored once, and what a crappy goal it was! Down with that lame wannabe-playmaker Herzog! He has done nothing for our NT in the past, so why is he still even there? Just cut him off! Ah, just scratch that – down with Rapid and anything that remotely resembles something green, white or even its combination! Only a complete idiot would doubt that Rapid and everything related is the cause for the loss against Germany last Saturday and the general misery in Austrian Football.

Long life the rest! If only we had more quality material in our backline. I´m thinking about, if we had a second in-form Dospel, we´d be all safe. Please, whoever takes over from that loser Krankl, safe us from our poor destiny!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
No matter if some of you like it or not, Feldhofer is our best young defender. Not including him in the NT would be just dumb.

I can´t think of alternatives for Feldhofer, Dospel or Goriupp in goal. Krankl chose the best young players available, together with some important, routined players.
If you say Kitzbichler is limited and all he can do is run, well, in my opinion he´s one of the top10 Austrian players at the moment.
Who else is there to field for the NT?

We could beg Gunnar Prokop to naturalize Rushfeldt, Troyansky+co, that would mean no more need to be afraid of the big and dangerous green mafia. ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Even I wouldn't have been more out of place in goal than Goriupp!

Dospel ist totally out of from and shouldn't be in the team because of that - still Feldhofer wasn't much better.

And Kitzbichler is just a hyped player, known because he's the only one at Salzburg. He'll do nothing in Germany. He's just not smart enough to build a game if it is not enough just to start running right to the opposite goal. As soon as a defender is in his way he doesn't know what to do and does a back-pass or loses the ball.

And I can't believe you see it as a class act by Wallner to score! He wanted to get the ball, was a step short but the ball rolled over his shoe-tip and spinned into goal. Absolutely impossible to plan something like that.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I formally state that Krankl is not the main problem of Austrian football IMO. ;)

But him being NT-coach doesn't make anything better and he is definitely one of the problems that can easily be solved. Giving this job to a coach instead of a Pressesprecher should be no great problem.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...there are artist without art and there are motivators without motives......

PMDF

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Well, nice, but I rather expected some names. :D

It´s a case of "Nachher is man immer gscheiter"...
Fielding Goriupp was understandable.
Krankl didn´t want to test Payer or Mandl in such a big game already, therefore he was searching for an experienced goalie. Manninger was injured, Almer refused, so Goriupp was left. He had a decent season, was the obvious choice. Too bad he had probably the worst game of his career. Who would have thought that before?
Same with Feldhofer, there is no young, equally good defender availabe as alternative.
Krankl´s only fault was probably Dospel, but I guess he wanted to stick to his 3men-backline in order to give them some experience together.
About Herzog: Like I said, either you stick to your captain or not. Good coaches do the first thing, in my opinion. If he had changed that every match, then you might argue that he has no concept.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts