Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
69,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, Cico made out a list of 30 names that the HNS must give to FIFA. This is a preliminary list and only 25 will travel to Germany and 23 will be in the official squad.

Goalkeepers: Tomislav Butina (Club Brugge) Stipe Pletikosa (Hajduk Split) Joey Didulica (Austria Vienna) Ivan Turina (Dinamo Zagreb)

Defenders: Robert Kovac (Juventus) Dario Simic (AC Milan) Stjepan Tomas (Galatasary) Josip Simunic (Hertha Berlin) Mario Tokic (Austria Vienna) Ivica Krizanac (Zenit) Vedran Corluka (Dinamo Zagreb)

Midfielders: Igor Tudor (Siena) Niko Kovac (Hertha Berlin) Darijo Srna (Shakhtar) Anthony Seric (Panathiakos) Jerko Leko (Dynamo Kiev) Ivan Bosnjak (Dinamo Zagreb) Ivan Leko (Club Brugge) Marijan Buljat (Dinamo Zagreb) Jurica Vranjes (Werder Bremen) Niko Kranjcar (Hajduk Split) Luka Modric (Dinamo Zagreb) Davor Vugrinec (Rijeka) Mario Bazina (Austria Vienna)

Forwards: Dado Prso (Rangers) Ivan Klasnic (Werder Bremen) Ivica Olic (CSKA Moscow) Bosko Balaban (Club Brugge) Eduardo da Silva (Dinamo Zagreb)

*Petric got shafted but with the good form of Modric, Vugrinec and Bazina that limited his chances, Pranjic not on it. The official World Cup squad will be announced on the 15th of May

·
Registered
69,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my guess..

Butina
Tomas - R. Kovac - Simunic
Srna - N. Kovac - Tudor - Babic (he was not on the list though :googly: )
Kranjcar
Prso - Klasnic/Olic

OR..
Tudor goes to defense replacing Tomas, Modric takes Tudor's spot in midfield

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Today, Cico made out a list of 30 names that the HNS must give to FIFA.
There are only 29 players mentioned.

1. Tomislav Butina
2. Stipe Pletikosa
3. Joey Didulica
4. Ivan Turina

5. Robert Kovac
6. Dario Simic
7. Stjepan Tomas
8. Josip Simunic
9. Mario Tokic
10.Ivica Krizanac
11.Vedran Corluka

12. Igor Tudor
13. Niko Kovac
14. Darijo Srna
15. Anthony Seric
16. Jerko Leko
17. Ivan Bosnjak
18. Ivan Leko
19. Marijan Buljat
20. Jurica Vranjes
21. Niko Kranjcar
22. Luka Modric
23. Davor Vugrinec
24. Mario Bazina

25. Dado Prso
26. Ivan Klasnic
27. Ivica Olic
28. Bosko Balaban
29. Eduardo da Silva

30. ??????

So i'm guessing 30 is for Babic. It better be because i can think of at least 5-6 Midfielders on that list that don't deserve it before babic. This is surely a mistake.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
where the hell is babic?

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Yeah the way Babic has played in qualifiers and esspecially in the Argentina game he MUST be on the list. I think it's just a typo.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
my guess..

Butina
Srna - N. Kovac - Tudor - Babic (he was not on the list though :googly: )
Kranjcar
Prso - Klasnic/Olic

OR..
Tudor goes to defense replacing Tomas, Modric takes Tudor's spot in midfield
I think the two formations you suggested are the most likely and our best (Kranjcar haters get over it). Maybe the first, more defensive one against Brazil and the second against Japan and the Aussies.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Maybe an early April fools joke for Marko Babic :)

he is devastated, probably locked himself in the bathroom whimpering :)

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
baraba said:
(Kranjcar haters get over it

BOOO!!! Kranjcar sux, he SUX !!

BOOO HISS HISSS!!

:cool:

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
give the guy a break
I'll break a two by four over his head to keep him out of our team!!!

BOOO BOOOOO!!

;)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
my guess..

Butina
Srna - N. Kovac - Tudor - Babic
Kranjcar
Prso - Klasnic/Olic
I would hope that this is the line-up we go with. That line up pretty much got us to Germany the easy way. I can see making one or two changes tops, after that I wouldn't feel comfortable. I know a lot people here see a lot of depth in this team, I don't see it. We have players that have talent and play well with their club sides but when they are thrown into this mix the teams play overall seems to go downhill. I'm mainly thinking of games like the last Malta, Iceland and Hungary games where level of play was terrible. Also that first Bulgaria game where we were in control 2-0 for most of the game until the substitutions were made and were lucky we walked out with a point.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
baraba said:
I think the two formations you suggested are the most likely and our best (Kranjcar haters get over it). Maybe the first, more defensive one against Brazil and the second against Japan and the Aussies.
Agreed about the Kranjcar bit.

And I say all-out attack against Brazil. Anyone who fears them because of their reputation plays right into their hands.

Every team that I've ever seen beat Brazil beat them because they weren't afraid to TAKE THE GAME TO THEM.

They can't defend for shi.te, and I can't wait to see us score a couple against them.

Cheersch

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
I agree Ljubo about the Brazil thing, but we have to keep the corridor tight, we have to force them to the wings, they are just to strong if given space to roam. But yes we have to attack and we have to play to WIN!!!!!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
im unsure about tomas, he sucked in the friendlies against brazil and argentina.
does he probably shits his pants against teams with big names ?

and about the roster, im very unhappy that Petric isn't even under the first 30 players.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts