Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Sorry guys, I can only laugh at this stuff now because it's better than crying:D

Tudor out, Simic maybe missing the first game and althought the below story sounds good, I never even knew about Kovac's Achilles tendon injury.

The original plan was 3 defenders and now there's a possibility that none of them will play in the first game.

-------------------------------------------
Kovac confident of facing Mexico

Tuesday 28th May 2002

Croatia defender Robert Kovac is hopeful of being fit for the team's opening World Cup clash against Mexico despite having struggled with an Achilles tendon injury over the past few days.

Kovac's inclusion in the Croatia back line has been made all the more necessary in the light of Igor Tudor's absence through injury and his loss would be a major blow to the team.

The Bayern Munich stopper has admitted he is not 100 per cent fit after picking up a slight knock in training but is confident of facing Mexico on June 3.

"It's still hurting but it's getting better," he said. "I am not fully recovered yet but I am receiving treatment every day and I think it will be OK."

He went on to insist that the team would be able to cope despite the absence of Tudor.

"We often think about Igor Tudor but we have Josip Simunic who has been playing well in the Bundesliga and the two of us have a really good understanding.

"We also have Dario Simic who has looked very sharp in training."

He added: "The first game is the most important. We are fully concentrated on Mexico.

"We know they are strong but we have an excellent defence and only two our opponents (Latvia and Scotland) were able to break it during qualifying.

"I am sure that we are a better team than Mexico."

·
Registered
520 Posts
I hope I am right when I say this.....
Its better to make Mexico go into the game believing Croatia has a weakness that is not really there, thus underrating us. I think everyone will be fit for the game. They're playing games to get Mexico pondering. Both teams know the importance of that game. Let the mind games begin!!

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
fuk

onefootball.com

That site doesn't deserve to have its "stories" mentioned on this venerable forum.

H

·
0 Posts
Robert Kovac will be O.K. for Mexico, June 3. 02.

Robert Kovac will be fit by June 3, 2002. Doctor's are treating R. Kovac with a fitness program to strengthen his 'achilles tendon', and is confident to be 100% fit for Mexico.

Volim te Hrvatska!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
IVO said:

I'm glad to hear it, when you resolve your own issues maybe you can help me.
well, as much as I can see of your rude response, you are probably beyond any help

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
IVO said:
Yeah well, you get what you give.
I was just trying to be nice... it seemed as you wanted someone to feel sorry for ya, so I just made sure you know i already do!

;)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I read he's fit.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I didn't want anybody to feel sorry me, it was a joke and usually the :D gives it away.

Anyways, no need for us to discuss anything but football.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
except women and booze

1 - 14 of 14 Posts