Xtratime Community banner

Kosovar Football Thread

115K views 1K replies 133 participants last post by  Mister95 
#1 ·
Since 2000 the league was reduced from 18 to this years Superleague with 12 teams.

These are Superleague teams:

- Prishtina
- Vllaznimi
- Besa
- Kosova Prishtina
- Flamurtari
- Drenica
- Ferizaj
- Liria
- Trepqa 89
- Llapi
- KEKu
- Drita

The firts 6 teams will go for play off, while the teams that finished 7th-12 will fight for playout.
Lasts year champion and the most known Kosova's football club - Prishtina is again the favorite for wining the championships.
One of the club that has made most changes are Llapi (that came from 2nd division) by signin 4 bulgarian players and 2 brazilians.
Other title conteders:Trepqa, Besa, Drita, Vllaznimi & Liria

1st round will be played in 21/22.08.04
Drita-Trepqa
Besa-Vllaznimi
Prishtina-Ferizaj
Llapi-Flamurtari
Drenica-Kosova P
KEKu-Liria

See less See more
#3 ·
Prishtina VS. Kosova Prishtina

the 2 teams from capital city will play for the SuperCup tomorrow startin from 17:00 in Prishtina City Stadium.

Of course Prishtina looks as a favorite even though some of their standard players left the club at the end of last season. They managed to sign some young prospective players and also agreed to extend the contract of nigerian striker Rafael Edereho.
In the other hand Kosova PR was the most active club durin the summer market, signin about 12 players and amongst them one of Kosovas best midfielders Ismet Munishi who returned to Kosova league after spendin some seasons in Slovenia and Israel.

Last years SuperCup winner was KEKu.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
- Albanian team from Kumanova (Macedonia) - Bashkimi is winner of memorial tournament "Perparim Thaqi" in Kosova.
4 team took place: Liria, Vllaznimi, Hasi from Kosova, and Bashkimi from Kumanova.

1st round:
Bashkimi - Vllaznimi 2:0
Hasi - Liria 0:4

Final:
Liria - Bashkimi 0:1

- Flamurtari from Prishtina is about to sign Armando Cungu, one of the best midfilders in Albanian league. Cungu played for Vllaznia and lately for Teuta Durres, now together with ex-Albania NT goalkeeper Armir Grima will continue career in Kosova with Flamurtari.

#6 ·
May I remind you all that this thread is about Kosovar football?
Please keep the insults to yourselves or in PM, and keep the political discussion confined to the PD forum.

#7 ·
ADDENDUM:

I've just gone through and got rid of every politically charged and insulting post in this thread. I meant what I said about confining any such discussion to the Political Debate forum: This thread is about football. It will not be closed, merged with the Albanian thread, or moved to the Serbian forum. If a poster doesn't want to post in a certain forum, he or she should not have to. Likewise, nobody is forcing anyone else to either read or post in this particular thread. Furthermore, this is not the place for discussion about names, and so no more posts about whether it's called Kosova or Kosovo (or whether or not its people are called Kosovars, Serbs, Albanians, whatever) will be acceptable, and it is certainly not the place for discussion about (The Former Yugoslav Republic Of) Macedonia's status. Keep politics out of this forum; it is a simple request.

Thank you.

#10 ·
#12 ·
hey Nibble check this out:

Phoenix said:
ADDENDUM:

This thread is about football. It will not be closed, merged with the Albanian thread, or moved to the Serbian forum. If a poster doesn't want to post in a certain forum, he or she should not have to. Likewise, nobody is forcing anyone else to either read or post in this particular thread. Furthermore, this is not the place for discussion about names, and so no more posts about whether it's called Kosova or Kosovo (or whether or not its people are called Kosovars, Serbs, Albanians, whatever) will be acceptable, and it is certainly not the place for discussion about (The Former Yugoslav Republic Of) Macedonia's status. Keep politics out of this forum; it is a simple request.

Thank you.

#13 ·
It seems my previous two posts have been ignored by a good number of people here.

If you cannot accept that there is a Kosova(o) football thread outside of the S&M forum (or that there is one at all), then DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. We are not the United Nations, we are a football forum, and we're not going deny recourse to someone who doesn't want to post in the Serbia and Montenegro forums simply because someone else doesn't like the location of this thread.

Furthermore, posting in the thread simply to continue some ongoing feud you have with other users is also unwelcome. I wish your respective peoples well, and I can only imagine what so many of you and your families have been through, but to constantly create a hostile atmosphere wherever and whenever you meet is not fair to the majority of people who are here simply to discuss football, etc. So for Heaven's sake, would you have some respect for the people who aren't involved in your bickering and would you please stop derailing this thread?

#17 ·
Mussav said:
I want to know who is the bst player in Kosova, and for what club dose he play

thanks
If you mean best Kosovar players, than:
- Lorik Cana, midfielder, plays for Paris SG and member of Albania NT
- Besnik Hasi, midfielder, plays for Anderlecht and member of Albania NT
- Mehmet Dragusha, midfielder, plays for Eintracht Frankfurt, Albania NT
- Shpetim Hasani, attack, plays for Samsunspor in Turkey
- Kristian Nushi, attack, plays in Switzerland with FC Will
- Bajram Fetai, attack, 18 years old member of Glasgow Rangers
- Valon Behrami, plays for Genova
- Shefki Kuqi, Ipswich, finish citizenship and playd for Finaland NT, his brother Njazi also plays in Finland but he is ready to join Albania NT if needed.
Well these are some names, there are a lot other players that play abroad... and many of them are in Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden etc.. and also Milam Rama who chosed to play for Swiss NT since he has living there for several years.

And for players who play in Kosova:
- Ismet Munishi, midfielder, plays for Kosova Prishtina. Has been playin in Slovenia and Israel some years ago.
- Haxhi Zeka, attack, plays for Besa. One of the best strikers in league. Has plays abroad also...
- Admir Pruthi, midfielder, plays for Vllaznimi. One of the best ofensive midfielders in the league.
- Arsim Abazi, defender, plays for Liria. Last season came back from Turkish first division.
- Malsor Gjonbalaj, attack plays for Kosova Prishtina. Played for several teams in Kosova.
etc etc...

Best foreign players in Kosova:
- Edereho (Nigeria), attack, PRishtina
- Silva (Brasil), attack, Llapi
- Stoev (Bulgaria), defender, Trepqa

#18 ·
Tifo AC said:
If you mean best Kosovar players, than:
- Lorik Cana, midfielder, plays for Paris SG and member of Albania NT
- Besnik Hasi, midfielder, plays for Anderlecht and member of Albania NT
- Mehmet Dragusha, midfielder, plays for Eintracht Frankfurt, Albania NT
- Shpetim Hasani, attack, plays for Samsunspor in Turkey
- Kristian Nushi, attack, plays in Switzerland with FC Will
- Bajram Fetai, attack, 18 years old member of Glasgow Rangers
- Valon Behrami, plays for Genova
- Shefki Kuqi, Ipswich, finish citizenship and playd for Finaland NT, his brother Njazi also plays in Finland but he is ready to join Albania NT if needed.
Well these are some names, there are a lot other players that play abroad... and many of them are in Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden etc.. and also Milam Rama who chosed to play for Swiss NT since he has living there for several years.

And for players who play in Kosova:
- Ismet Munishi, midfielder, plays for Kosova Prishtina. Has been playin in Slovenia and Israel some years ago.
- Haxhi Zeka, attack, plays for Besa. One of the best strikers in league. Has plays abroad also...
- Admir Pruthi, midfielder, plays for Vllaznimi. One of the best ofensive midfielders in the league.
- Arsim Abazi, defender, plays for Liria. Last season came back from Turkish first division.
- Malsor Gjonbalaj, attack plays for Kosova Prishtina. Played for several teams in Kosova.
etc etc...

Best foreign players in Kosova:
- Edereho (Nigeria), attack, PRishtina
- Silva (Brasil), attack, Llapi
- Stoev (Bulgaria), defender, Trepqa
thanks for the info that was very helpful
good luck for all players

#24 ·
wow never knew Kuqi was from Kosova. He is a very good player for Ipswich Town, last season he killed Derby County in one match :( :D Very skilled, creative midfielder and maybe even too good for the English First Division and Ipswich Town aren't going anymore soon anyway. He came close to signing with Hansa Rostock (Germany) and a Japanese club in the summer but somehow Ipswich kept him.

#26 ·
torcida said:
Well did you guys know that our own Ardian Kozniku is from Kosova (he featured in a few Croatia NT games and scored a few goals). Probably the best ever Kosova player (IMHO).

PS...so great having a peaceful thread.
Yeah man, he was great! theres a great piece of text about him here:

Bisedë me futbollistin e mirënjohur Ardian KOZNIKU

“Prore e kam konfirmuar
se jam ky që jam, pra një

shqiptar nga Kosova”

Ardian Kozniku është një prej futbollistëve më të njohur shqiptar dhe më të realizuar profesionalisht i të gjitha kohërave. Një futbollist me një talent të jashtëzakonshëm, Ardiani është sportisti shqiptar i cili na mori me vete nëpër shumë kampionate evropiane dhe botërore si dhe nëpër shumë garime të UEFA-s dhe FIFA-s, duke na bërë fans të tij të flaktë, dhe duke na bërë që, edhe në kohërat më të këqija që i kishim përjetuar gjatë dhjetvjetëshit të fundit të shekullit të shkuar, ta ndiejmë veten mirë dhe të lumtur se jemi shqiptarë. Ardianin, këtyre ditëve të fillimit të vitit 2002 e takuam disa herë dhe këtë bisedë për “Interesin NACIONAL” e zhvilluam pjesërisht në banesën e tij e pjesërisht në një nga lokalet e njohura të sheshit “Ban Jellaçiq”, në kryeqytetin e Kroacisë ky aktualisht luan futbollisti shqiptar me nam evropian

Dëshira që ta vesh fanellën e kombëtares sonë

I martuar me Almirën, me të cilën ka dy vajza, Teutën dhe Dianën, Ardian Kozniku vazhdon të shkëlqej si një prej yjeve më të mëdha të sportit shqiptar. Futbollisti shqiptar, domosdo, me karrierën më të lakmueshme prej të gjithë futbollistëve shqiptarë dhe në krye të indeksit të emrave të të shquarve në historinë e futbollit tonë.
“Të luaj futboll kam filluar si fëmijë. Fundja, kështu ia fillojnë të gjithë”, thotë Ardiani, i cili shton se talentin për sportin e në veçanti për futbollin e ka trashëguar nga babai i tij, “i cili, mbaj mend se që atëherë kishte prognozuar se do të bëhem futbollist me cilësi dhe i lartësive të mëdha”, të jem më i miri në mesin ku gjindem, pastaj puna e madhe dhe talenti i trashëguar nga baba im”, evokon sot Ardiani profecinë ekzate të t’et.
Dhe, në këtë rrugëtim të gjatë dhe të mundimshëm, përplot sfida profesionale dhe jetësore, hap pas hapi Ardiani ia del që t’i realizojë shumësinë e objektivave të tij, dhe, sikundër e tham, të ngritet në majat më të larta të futbollit dhe të sportit tonë, si një prej emrave më të pakontestueshëm sot. Por, siç e shpreh me psherëtimë, sa herë që hapet kjo temë, Ardianit i ka mbetur “eshkë në zemër” se megjithatë dëshira kryesore e tij e cila i mbeti e parealizuar sa i përket futbollit, ishte ajo që gjatë karrierës së tij të qenit futbollist aktiv nuk e veshi fanelën e kombëtares së shtetit të tij, siç shprehet, Kosovës.
Por, edhe përkundër kësaj, s’do mend se shqiptarët, kudo që janë, kanë simpatizuar dhe e kanë përkrahur punën e tij, edhe artin e tij, futbollin dhe kanë simpatizuar me gjithë zemër për të, janë gëzuar dhe zhgënjyer tok me të, si për një idhull të njëmendtë sporti. Kështu ishte edhe gjatë kampionatit të
fundit botërort në futboll, në të cilën ylli i futbollit shqiptar po i mbronte ngjyrat e kombëtares së Kroacisë mike.

Ardian Kozniku ka filluar të luajë futboll që nga mosha 12 vjeçare. Trajneri tij i parë ishte Xhafer Halil Osmani ose Xhafa i Madh, siç e quan Ardiani edhe sot.
Deri më sot Ardian Kozniku ka luajtur në këto klube: “Vllaznimi”, “Gjakova”, “Prishtina” (Kosovë), “Hajduku”, “Dinamo” (Kroaci), “Cannes”, “Le Havre”, “Bastia” (Francë), “Apoel” (Qipro), “Kerten” (Austri).
Ka shënuar: 27 gola për “Prishtinën”, 44 gola për “Hajdukun” e Splitit (në vitin 1991 ishte golashënuesi më i mirë i ligës kroate), 39 gola për klubet franceze, 8 gola për “Dinamon” e Zagrebit, 5 gola për
reprezentacionin e Kroacisë, etj.

:proud: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.