Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.dailysoccer.com

ROME, June 19 (AFP)
South Korea hero Ahn Jung-Hwan, who scored the golden goal to knock Italy out of the World Cup, has been axed by his Italian club Perugia, according to the team's president.
Luciano Gaucci, interviewed on Italian private television station La 7 on Tuesday night, said he would not be renewing Ahn's contract.
The 26-year-old Ahn was the golden boy of the K.League during his two year stint with Busan I.cons and he hit the headlines when he became the first Korean to play in Italy's Serie A with Perugia.
Ahn earned an extension on his loan period to the Italian club with a run of goals at the end of 2000/01 season but he was not a regular in the side last season.
"I am not extending his contract, he does not merit it," Gaucci said. "When he arrived, he was like a little lost goat who didn't even have the money to buy a sandwich. He became rich without doing anything exceptional and then, at the World Cup, he denigrated Italian football.
"I would have to pay three billion lire (1.53 million dollars) to extend his contract. But I won't.
"Ahn will never play for Perugia again. What do you think I would do? That I would keep a player who ruined Italian football. He should have shown his talent while he was with us. He'll just have to go back to Korea and earn 100,000 lire (about 48 dollars) a month."
Ahn, Korean football's pin-up boy, went into the Italy game on Tuesday still needing to prove himself to coach Guus Hiddink who before the World Cup ridiculed the Perugia player for not being fit to play a full match.
He left the Daejeon stadium a contented man after heading in the most important goal in the history of South Korean football to complete the 2-1 victory.

This is a bloody disgrace ! Why can't Gaucci that @sshole just appreciate talent, and take the defeat like a gentleman should ?
He even went to the extent of insulting the player. Great President he is ! Look at Trezequet ! He scored the winner against Italy in Euro2000 but he, at least is appreciated for his abilities. [email protected] Gaucci ! Just can't take a public person being a sore looser !

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
If this is true, then it's very sad and ungentlemanly of Gaucci. There are good loosers and bad loosers, Gaucci is a very bad one. I followed Serie A a lot and Ahn played OK, he did score some goals also.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
this is :yuck:

Lav

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I thought I read the headline wrong from this Dutch website, but this is just repulsive! :yuck: :fero:
I have no words for this....

Perhaps Guus will take him with him to PSV now.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Wow! European civility truly going down the toilet.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Gaucci is an idiot and an embaressment to Italy. What was Ahn supposed to do, play badly on purpose?

Besides, it's his club that buys foreigners that are no better than young Italian players. Gaucci, you're a twat!

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Very stupid move, I don't know what he's trying to prove. His own idiocy most likely. How can you blame a player for playing, that I will never understand.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
It is terrible really, he is a good player, and this shows no respect at all and I have lost respect for Perugia now. Ahn did what any other man would of done. They could not want him as he is out of contract, but I fail to believe that is the reason.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unfortunately, Ahn's dismissal will do more harm to Perugia and Italy's profile in the eyes of the international footballing community than anything that's been reported as said by the national teams players or management. Dismissing a player for scoring a goal for his country, just because it happens to be against your own country is an absolute disgrace. I sincerely hope Ahn has some legal recourse, and Perugia I'm afraid, will be pilloried roundly by the majority of the civilised world....

And then Gaucci has the gall to take the piss out of the lad? It's disgusting.

Hopefully Ahn will be laughing at Gaucci, advertising himself like that in front of billions of people will hardly do his career any harm. 48 dollars a month? I doubt it. I doubt it very highly....

Mikey, great use of the word twat......:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Zidanely said:
From www.dailysoccer.com

ROME, June 19 (AFP)
" "Ahn will never play for Perugia again. What do you think I would do? That I would keep a player who ruined Italian football.

He didn't ruin Italian football, Trappatoni and the rest of the FIGC did with their stupid tactics:rolleyes:

He'll just go to another European team and come back to " ruin Italian football" in the Champion's League. Just like Henry, was not given a chance on JUve and when he went to Aresenal he became arguably the best striker in the world.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
CarlosTheJackal said:

Mikey, great use of the word twat......:D
Cheers! ;)

He just gave the people who are glad to see Italy kicked out more amo. I would hate to think non-Italians thought we're all like him.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don´t believe everything u read guys! Here is a bit more about the story, from other websites...

From Italian-soccer.com:
"I'm not blaming him because he scored the goal which takes Italy out of the World Cup, it was his duty to make that! But I really cannot understand why he acted in that way the day before the game. When he arrived here, we welcomed him, and we offered him an excellent wage despite he never was for us a decisive player" - Gaucci (president of Perugia)

And this was written by a unknown italian supporter who saw Gaucci on TV when this "news" was announced:

"Cosmi only said that he prefers to give Gatti a chance because he's italian, he's younger and doesn't cost a cent and mostly because he played better than Ahn and showed more commitment to the team. Is that unfair? or is something every manager would do?

Gaucci (Perugia's owner) said he doesn't want Ahn in his team anymore, but he's taking Italy fall only as an excuse, in fact:
- perugia has already six striker in the rooster (after Blasi's deal);
- Perugia to have Ahn must pay $1.5m."

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,213 Posts
For Perguia to get rid of Ahn because he did his best for his country is indeed ridiculous. But judging from the last post it would seem there are other motives involved.

Still as a coach or an owner you have to be aware of the sentiment of the team's Italian players, the fans, the media and how he would be affected by that. If he was a player in my team I'd get rid of him too!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Yes exactly

Someone here said this article from Gaucci will give the Italy haters more justification in hating Italy.

That is exactly why the article was fabricated

Anyone who has ever heard of Gaucci knows he's an arsehole of Cecchi Gori proportions but no one can be that silly at all. Cos Perugia is ridiculous popular in Asia cos of Nakata and som eo fthe other asians on teh roster....I think they are from Iran.

Don't underestimate the legnths certain people who speak the language the article was written in originally will go towhen trying to put down Italy.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Don't want or need to comment on this...its simply pathetic :yuck:

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
I think Gaucci's comments and actions are truly distasteful and absolutely not sportman-like. Whatever respect I had for Gaucci, much as he did a good job re-establishing Perugia in Serie A, is lost because of these pathetic remarks.

It's laughable how he says "this is an affront to me and to our country"... hahahahahaha how hypocritical of him given the number of foreigners Perugia has :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Maybe soon we will hear the all Senegalese players will be released from their French club cos they have beaten France National Team in the opening matches. Landon Donovan better not score against Germany. Bayer Leverkusen might just release him as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Zacxaviqer said:
Maybe soon we will hear the all Senegalese players will be released from their French club cos they have beaten France National Team in the opening matches. Landon Donovan better not score against Germany. Bayer Leverkusen might just release him as well.
Good answer! Your words could not have been more apropos.

Really, in my collective memory, I have not come across such unsportsmanlike conduct. Shame on him.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Your comments on this matter shows that the Italian members of this forum have more class than the owner of Perrugia. Good for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts