Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kudos to the Korean fan! Never, did they stop singing, cheering and chanting their team on. Never, did they abuse, belittle opposing fans despite the overwhelming numbers in favor of. Never, did they riot, or otherwise destroy property before, during and after each match. Millions came out to celebrate each victory, yet not one story of a burning car, broken store window or an injury due to reckless behavior.

And never, ever did they give up on their team!

Take notice, world, how passion and destructive behavior have nothing to do with each other. A lesson of civility for the rest of us.

That is all.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I agree with most of the statement and Korean fans were great and were very nice but...

They did boo the Portugal fans' chants in our game against them and booed pretty strongly when one of our players was shown on the big screen.

Just a clarification but they still remain amazing fans who I found to be very pleasant, friendly and passionate. It was the first time in my life that I did a version of the Wave on a moving train.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I boo all the time. I don't shout insults at opposing fans (except Portistas, you understand), however.

·
Registered
986 Posts
one last note, and remember I am now a big Red supporter, the Koreans haven't exactly been very supportive of the US team. They will definitely be cheering the Germans.

Remember the Korean goal celebration against the US? During the France-Uruguay a local network was running a commercial for the upcoming Korea-US game and included highlights of the Ohno speedskating incident in the olympics. For whatever reason some people over there are anti-US.

Another interesting commercial was one for the Argentina-England game where they showed shots of the Falkland Islands war.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Yeah, well if it wasn't for the yanks saving their bacon they'd be in the dark too just like their brothers in the North :D

And if Korea is going to be for Germany, they would be the only ones in the world pulling for them outside of Germany. Hell, even some Germans might pull for the yanks....

To me, Korea got home town calls this tournament.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Pila said:
Kudos to the Korean fan! Never, did they stop singing, cheering and chanting their team on. Never, did they abuse, belittle opposing fans despite the overwhelming numbers in favor of. Never, did they riot, or otherwise destroy property before, during and after each match. Millions came out to celebrate each victory, yet not one story of a burning car, broken store window or an injury due to reckless behavior.

And never, ever did they give up on their team!

Take notice, world, how passion and destructive behavior have nothing to do with each other. A lesson of civility for the rest of us.

That is all.
All is well when your winning , but when you lose than is when tempers flare . Pila .. I wont comment yet on the Koreans cause they havent lost a game yet.

Also the bit of giving up on your team !! That is something I will never ever do !!! I am a realist & not a dreamer or pessimist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts