Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
He's 26 years old. Plays in a central midfield or defense. has been with AEK since 2002 and is currently in excellent form for both club or country. Hope that's okay. :moan:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Not sure if his reek would be up to it though. The guy's Portuguese.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I honestly hope he goes to a better league, Porto are in shambles now and I would like to see him go to Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga where he can advance himself and his career further, if he was a couple years younger Porto would be ok, but hes entering his prime now and he needs to get into the top flight

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
g00nis said:
I honestly hope he goes to a better league, Porto are in shambles now and I would like to see him go to Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga where he can advance himself and his career further, if he was a couple years younger Porto would be ok, but hes entering his prime now and he needs to get into the top flight

I don't think he has much choice there. santos is looking at keeping Bruno Alves & Assuncao so Katsou may have to go to Dragao. :depress:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It's not a bad move. Katsouranis is a good player but he is not and will never be good enough for a Real Madrid or a Milan. He could go to an average club in Serie A or PL or join Porto who is better than these teams and will be playing in the CL year in year out.

Kingmonkey, Katsouranis is a defencive midfielder (he can also play in defence very well) who runs a lot and is also good going forward... he has a knack for scoring goals and he does score a lot for a defencive midfielder. Very good player and he'll fit in Porto nicely. This year he's been nothing sort of fantastic for AEK and his performances for Greece (excluding the first game against Albania) have also been VERY good. He's a fixed starter in the national team.

By the way, how is Seitaridis doing over there?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMOROSO! said:
It's not a bad move. Katsouranis is a good player but he is not and will never be good enough for a Real Madrid or a Milan. He could go to an average club in Serie A or PL or join Porto who is better than these teams and will be playing in the CL year in year out.

Kingmonkey, Katsouranis is a defencive midfielder (he can also play in defence very well) who runs a lot and is also good going forward... he has a knack for scoring goals and he does score a lot for a defencive midfielder. Very good player and he'll fit in Porto nicely. This year he's been nothing sort of fantastic for AEK and his performances for Greece (excluding the first game against Albania) have also been VERY good. He's a fixed starter in the national team.

By the way, how is Seitaridis doing over there?
Firstly, thanks for all the (intelligent) replies.

Regarding Seitaridis, we are very pleased with him! He always brings everything to every game he plays, he is an excellent athlete with great stamina, and is very good technically. Selling Paulo Ferreira to Chelsea for £20 million and getting someone as good as him or better for 10% of that price was the best piece of business we've done in the last 10 years.

I have another question, this time for Panathinaikos fans. Is that Cameroonian midfielder still playing there? I can't remember his name right now, but I remember he was a decent player, what's happened to him?

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you are talking about Joel Epalle, he was a dud for Panathinaikos and the last I remember is that he is at Iraklis (a club from Thessalonica) where he is playing OK.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Katsouranis has a great engine,can score goals coming forward and is a great motivator.Hes kinda like the Greek steven Gerrard

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Without the creativity aspect though. No way Katsouranis can organise a team's play in the same style as Gerrard (not suggesting he's as good as Gerrard in anything though, but they have the same style of playing).

But he's also growing into a leader for AEK.

·
Registered
377 Posts
BlackHell said:
I think Olympiakos(a team from Piraeus :D) wanted him ?
Olympiakos never wanted Epalle, I just added the (from Thessalonica) part in case he didn't know what team Iraklis was, they are not known around the world.

smartass. :p

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Katsouranis has grown up a lot this year

I think hes ready to go abroad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts