Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This season he has been amazing.

Our top scorer with 15 goals in around 30 games.

However,a winning goal from him or one which equalised a game have provided us with 12 points!

His ASSIST Ratio this season and troughout his career has been some of the best in europe...

A lifelong Panathinaikos fan.Our record transfer of all time.

Has one of the best international records out there,and playing for cyprus!

Unfortunately his contract is running out in the summer and hasnt agreed a new one yet...A very expiricned era sport reporter has inside sources,or so he claims,that he will leave PAO for Benfica :nono:
They say this guy is ''never been wrong''

where do you think Mixalaki will be next season?

·
Administrator
25,499 Posts
is he free by the end of this season?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His contract is out in the summer,yeah ana.

Marcus,mixali said he doesnt want to discuss it until the season is over.

His current wage is 1.2 Million Euros a season btw,the highest in the league.

·
Administrator
25,499 Posts
i didnt hear about anything yet this year, but the board has been quite discreet so i wouldnt expect to hear anything before the end of the season anyways...but a couple years ago there were many rumours linking benfica to konstandinou..we do need a striker next year, and the clubs current policy is to look for players in end contract so, it might happen i suppose, specially since most likely we will have direct access to CL next year

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mixali says he doesn't want to discuss his contract until the season is over?? Thats really strange IMO. It sounds like he's either fishing for other offers and that would mean that he's not such a lifelong Panathinaikos fan that you say he is, or it's a story manufactured by the board...

No offence intended Ana but Michalis would be better off not going to Portugal. At Pana, at least he'd be assured a starting place in Champions league football (would he be on the starting XI at Benfica?)and he's in a country he speaks the language of.

·
Administrator
25,499 Posts
no offence taken, but dont you know that next year there are 2 teams with direct access to CL? plus a 3rd going to the qualifyings...and in the event of sporting winning uefa cup, it would make 3 teams going directly to CL....

currently we hold 1st place in the league...if (God forbid) we lose the championship, it would be terrible bad luk to lose 2nd place too, and anyways i did mention he might be a possibility IF we were to have CL access;)

·
Administrator
25,499 Posts
starting 11? that would depend on a couple things i think...1st being...would we be playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 ....this season we been playing 4-5-1 in most games, turning to 4-4-2 towards the end of the games so....usually coaches tend to pick nuno gomes as a starter when hes available, coz although he doesnt score much, hes amazing in assists and playing with his back towards the net and with those short passes near the box....mantorras hes a great player but nobody knows when will he be able to actually play a full 90mins, so for the moment hes our golden sub...and karadas is a very hard working player, tall and strong, but he does lack skill so....i suppose that there are very good chances for konstandinou to at least play every game, even if as a sub, at least at 1st.
but of coz he would have to prove hes worth it, like any other player. he would not come to , like we say, take the spot with closed eyes , naturally

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Konstantinou, in current form, would easily be a starter for Benfica if Nuno Gomes is their best striker. In the form of previous years, he wouldn't even make the bench...

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
if Nuno Gomes is their best striker
But he isn't ;) Mantorras should be starter actually.
Yet still we need a striker anyway, so why not Konstantinou ;)

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AMOROSO! said:
Konstantinou, in current form, would easily be a starter for Benfica if Nuno Gomes is their best striker. In the form of previous years, he wouldn't even make the bench...
His first season he scored 16 goals in all competitions,6 in the champions league.Remmebr the 20 yard scorcher in the nou camp in the quater-Final? :)

His 2nd and 3rd season,he didnt score that much but he had one of the best assist ratios in europe.How many times did he head on to Papadopoulos' path last season?

This season he has combined goals with assists...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Theres also rumours that Sienna and...Olympiakos will move for him.

If anyhow he goes to Olympiako...:nono:

·
Registered
468 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
If anyhow he goes to Olympiako...:nono:
..he suddenly becomes another traitor? Imagine leaving a club and performing such treachery over a trifling matter such as being paid and getting a contract. :jester: :pp

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PAO has always paid all its players on time ;)

Another 2 goals from Mixali today..bravo agori mou

·
Registered
468 Posts
Beats me why your not giving this guy another contract, even a rolling year on year one if all else fails. I still think it's all down to your board and their stingyness.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who said we arent giving him another contract? Negotiations will start after we wrap up our 2nd consecutive championship (Prota o Theos) on May 15th :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Negotiations begin after the 15th of May? And you believe that????????
If Konstantinou had any chance of being offered a serious contract, it would have been sorted before now.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess wel have to wait and see man.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm not having a go, I hope you guys sign him up for another season. As an Olympiakos supporter, I really hope that we don't get him but I simply can't understand why you don't start negotiations until the seasons over...
As an Arsenal fan, you must understand the difference between the two clubs, they signed Henry to a new contract well in advance of his old one expiring.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well apparently its his decision not to negotiate now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts