Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSV Eindhoven striker Arouna Kone has a desire to play for Manchester United in the future.

The Ivory Coast attacker would like to follow the path trod by Jaap Stam, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Park Ji-sung despite agreeing a deal with the Eredivisie side until 2010.

After being on loan from Roda JC, the option has been taken up to make the move a permanent one - which will formally happen on April 1.

With ten goals in 16 games for PSV, the African attacker is looking well worth the €9 million (£6.16 million) fee.

"It's my intention to play two more seasons at PSV and then make a move to Manchester United, my dream club," Kone told De Telegraaf.

"After three seasons, I hope to play another three years for Milan.

"Of course, I know that's very difficult.

"But impossible it isn't."

Choosing PSV as his destination seemed natural to a player who seems to have everything mapped out in his mind.

"For me, it was important that several players left the club for United," he added.

"Stam, van Nistelrooy, Park.

"The football, the shirt, the stadium.

"As a child, I was already loving Manchester United."
-----------------------

He is a very good player but I think United are well set up front. :undecide:

·
Registered
62 Posts
man utd forever said:
I have never seen him play,so i dont know how good a player he is
I have.

Pretty good actually. But, not (yet) good enough for English top 5 club. Mainly because of the way he vanishes in games. Like Roy "phantom" Makaay just more technical and less lethal.

He is like an improved Kalou of PSG

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Kyle said:
i don't like the fact he said and in 3 years to Milan :googly:

yep if we get a player we need loyaltee, not o im off, you get nothing sort of thing, if we did sign him it would be on a three year contract and then he would proablly leave on a free transfer.,

He is good i saw him play a couple of times, but i think we are looking good up front and we do not need him

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Did anyone see his miss against lyon. He can be a poor finisher. Plays alot like Cisse. CAn create but seems to fail to finish off the chance

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jern Lizardhous said:
he was saying he wanted to join us the other week.
I think he will snub you, Manchester is the top destination for any ambitious footballer right now as there is serious rebuilding going on and there are a couple of slots left for anyone who wants to join the new revolution.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Well said :).

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
"It's my intention to play two more seasons at PSV and then make a move to Manchester United, my dream club," Kone told De Telegraaf.

"After three seasons, I hope to play another three years for Milan.

And then I'll go to Barca and oh, bayern is a good club, too :D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
This guy Kone sounds like he is full of bs.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
He needs to prove more on top level to play for Manchester United in my view. He has only been at PSV for a short period of time, and before that he played for some mediocre teams in Holland. He needs more experience at top level.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts