Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some arrogant and ignorant ARSANAL fan thinks Kolo is better than MExes. Can some one please try to prove them wrong??
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Toure is proving himself in a top league, which Mexes is not, and has arguably been the best centre back in the Premiership this season. The evidence is certainly there to suggest that Toure is better than Mexes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Narentino said:
Some arrogant and ignorant ARSANAL fan thinks Kolo is better than MExes. Can some one please try to prove them wrong??
Narentino in the English forum thread about teams you hate
"But i hate Fulham SUpporters in XT most currently..especially the Raven guy who got no guts to stand for himself and always complain to Admin whenever i condemm FUlham(which is the truth anywayz)."
:rolleyes: Maybe you should prove the Arsenal fan wrong if you know so much better.

Do you really have to pick arguements with everyone over nothing? I bet that guy has already forgot about it but yet you just go on and on. If you are like this with people you meet then I feel very sorry for you.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Narentino no-one can prove me wrong mate because it's my opinion going on what i have seen this season,you can disagree strongly and call me a wanker but you can't prove me wrong. :tongue:

and i also said i thought Mexes was great player,in case anyone thinks i have been abusing him in the Arsenal forum. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,415 Posts
Both above average, competence for Kolo and hype for the other.

Mexes is a very solid sweeper and an useless man-marker prone to games where he is totally awful.

Kolo's nothing too special, upgraded version of Upson.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Politician,you are harsh :D

i would personally say Upson and Kolo have few similaraties at all,don't no how you can compare them.

if anything Mexes is an upgraded version of Upson.

Kolo i don't know who he reminds me of,he's a bit mad on the field,a crazy one-off :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,403 Posts
Both are two of the best young defenders - Mexes has the edge in terms of potential, but Kolo seems to be performing consistently lately.

P.S - Ligue 1 is a top league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,245 Posts
Mexes and Boumsong have been pretty awful for a while now.Toure is better than Mexes and has proved it this season.Toure has class about him aswell as having pace to burn, nothing like Upson.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
Mike said:
Toure is proving himself in a top league, which Mexes is not, and has arguably been the best centre back in the Premiership this season. The evidence is certainly there to suggest that Toure is better than Mexes.
And how far in the french league from being a top league like the EPL? :rolleyes: Don´t you think thats a bit subjective, specially when you consider the quality of defenders in EPL top of the table teams? I think French league has a good number of offensive players to challenge defenders properly, there are some strikers in EPL that would make Heskey look as good as Henry.


I think class is beyound a certain league, you can easily spot a good player independent of the league he plays. I have not seen Mexes or Toure play, but if people that have seen both thinks Mexes is a better using that arguement of league is rather weak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,415 Posts
Whatever else Kolo is, he's not a great defender in the proper sense ;) Fantastic athlete, great pace, fun to watch him go bananas with enthusiasm vs. the likes of Wolves hehehe :)

Can you see him brutalising someone when the ref is a softy though? Or pick the perfect line to pull on someone's shirt so that the ref doesn't see it? Tackle the ball clean as a whistle when Raul is one metre ahead and 2 metres to the right?

Cygan is bagged so much only because there's no dour defensive scraps for him to get into and use his dirty French wiles. Things about your mother always sound so much worse in a poncie accent ;)
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Politician said:
Whatever else Kolo is, he's not a great defender in the proper sense ;) Fantastic athlete, great pace, fun to watch him go bananas with enthusiasm vs. the likes of Wolves hehehe :)

Can you see him brutalising someone when the ref is a softy though? Or pick the perfect line to pull on someone's shirt so that the ref doesn't see it? Tackle the ball clean as a whistle when Raul is one metre ahead and 2 metres to the right?

Cygan is bagged so much only because there's no dour defensive scraps for him to get into and use his dirty French wiles. Things about your mother always sound so much worse in a poncie accent ;)
it doesn't really matter how Kolo gets the job done,he just does,there's more than one way to skin a cat. ;)

Kolo goes in for the less traditonal method of positionally less aware but mad as a hatter,rather die than let them score technique :D

he has some great scalps under his belt already in just half a season,Vieri,Shearer,Owen,RvN,also maybe the only defender i've seen that can keep pace with Martins :eek:

he is manic ,i give you that,that's his strength FFS,but he gets the job done. ;)

also a terrific footballer which is why the only position he hasn't played for us since he came is in goal :D

he's gonna be a legend,actually can't we re-name this thread Kolo Touré-future legend,i'm fed up with talking about Mexes :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,028 Posts
i say Mexes is better! why? because i argued it this debate in the arsenal forum and now cant be fuked doing it again here.:D
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Chalk and Cheese. Mexes is a ballplaying sweeper type CB, Toure is a man marker, a ballwinner. At present, Toure is performing far better and in a better league. Mexes is more proven though given his international experience. Personnally I'd pick Toure over Mexes
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
yes they are chalk and cheese,but we was not really comparing them like for like until Narentino stomped in,we were discussing whether we need a new centre back,someone suggested Mexes and i said he wouldn't want to come to sit on the bench as we already had a great partnership working well.

CUG was frothing at the mouth at this and then proceeded to laugh hysterically and almost tried to have me sectioned. :D
 

·
Fuoriclasse
Joined
·
13,912 Posts
1) You don't do Mexès justice, do you? :rolleyes: Well nevermind, Philou is to move to Piemont anyway. In fact I'm glad! The more them EPL managers overlook him, the less we'll pay for his services.

2) KOTK: Mexès and Boumsong crap lately? I suggest you take a closer look at what Auxerre is doing right now and their defensive record...

3) EPL does not put the French league to shame!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steph! said:
1) You don't do Mexès justice, do you? :rolleyes: Well nevermind, Philou is to move to Piemont anyway. In fact I'm glad! The more them EPL managers overlook him, the less we'll pay for his services.

2) KOTK: Mexès and Boumsong crap lately? I suggest you take a closer look at what Auxerre is doing right now and their defensive record...

3) EPL does not put the French league to shame!
No point replying to KOTK...he thinks Henzchoz is the best Defender in EPL. :howler: :howler:
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top