Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wenger has already said that he needs a defensive player that can deal with aerial balls and more importantly winning the second ball. I see some are suggesting defenders such as Naldo, Mertesacker, Kompany and Albiol that could fit into this position but does this mean people want to break up the Toure and Gallas partnership and if so which one of them to sit?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think Gallas might leave, AW already hinted he's lose the captaincy and we know he wants to play in Italy.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Wenger could create a back 3... both Gallas and Toure, Plus Ariel Guy.

and.............. Eboue, WingBack of the Century.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
We've never intentionally played a back three in twelve years.

A back three would also mean not playing two of our best players this season; Sagna and Clichy. Stupid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rotation would be a good idea, plus you never know how well this 'aerial' defender will adapt. If it doesn't work out I wouldn't be surprised with Kolo and Gallas manning the defence again.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yeah if the new defender is shite we'll be f*cked, apart from that Song will save us!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
He won't bench Kolo.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Yea... someone stupid consider 12 years equal eternity.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Not necessarily, we could play 3-5-2 with them as wingbacks.
Which would mean not using Theo (as there's bugger all chance he'll start as a striker) or the imminent signing of Ben Arfa and the like.

3-5-2 is a shit formation anyway. :pp Back three doesn't work these days.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
:wallbang: there you showed me exactly what I said.

whos the dumb dumb.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
What?

You're the one who's suggesting the manager is about to go completely against the grain of his entire tenure and suddenly change to a back three. Which is stupid.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Which would mean not using Theo (as there's bugger all chance he'll start as a striker) or the imminent signing of Ben Arfa and the like.

3-5-2 is a shit formation anyway. :pp Back three doesn't work these days.
Yeah but my point was Clichy and Sagna. I think Theo will be a striker for the record.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Play Kolo as a striker, he'd score 25 goals. :D

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I'd play Gallas and some big defender side by side and plop Toure right infront of the defense to replace Flamini. It would be interesting to see who will dare to try and run at our defense if Arsene lines them up like that.

Sagna..........?............Gallas............Clichy
Theo..........Kolo..........Cesc............Rosicky

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Gallas would be off if he is stripped from captaincy, considering the ego he has.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts