Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set to become the second Japanese player to play for Celtic according to some very reliable media reports today. Apparently the only issue is whether the player will be granted a work permit to play in the UK but seemingly the club are confident there will be no problems with that.

I've never seen Mizuno play before and only know that he's a right-winger, so does anyone have anymore details on him? If he's half as good as Nakamura has turned out to be for Celtic then we'll be very happy indeed. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7177492.stm

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I recall he is very skillful and speedy right winger / wing foward. His cross and freekick is very sharp than other Asian players in his age. However, I wonder he can do well in SPL, I mean they have the big defenders and I don't think Koki's fitness and strength is not strong enough. He has to work with that:lick:

Nakamura survived with accurate kicks, but this guy's playstyle is different from Nakamura. He likes to penetrate defenders. IMO he needs some time to adjust in SPL.:rollani:

But I'm not saying he is not a good player. I remember when he faced our olympic team and he just thrashed our defense and Korean fans were curious about him after that game because of his skills and looks:flirt:

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
It looks like the work permit has been completed, he is in Glasgow for a fitness test and final talks. Hopefully should be announced before the weekend that he has signed.

He does look very different from Nakamura, his pace for one thing.

Apparently though he wont be able to play for us for around 2 weeks because of certain formalities involved in his transfer.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seolkihyun said:
I recall he is very skillful and speedy right winger / wing foward. His cross and freekick is very sharp than other Asian players in his age. However, I wonder he can do well in SPL, I mean they have the big defenders and I don't think Koki's fitness and strength is not strong enough. He has to work with that:lick:

Nakamura survived with accurate kicks, but this guy's playstyle is different from Nakamura. He likes to penetrate defenders. IMO he needs some time to adjust in SPL.:rollani:

But I'm not saying he is not a good player. I remember when he faced our olympic team and he just thrashed our defense and Korean fans were curious about him after that game because of his skills and looks:flirt:
I recall the same concerns being made about Nakamura joining Celtic that he wasn't strong enough to be able to cope with the physical aspect of the SPL but, as he's proven in the years since, if you've got ability then you can survive in any league. Nakamura isn't only a good player in the SPL because of free-kicks, he's generally impressed with his all-round game as well.

Anyway, Scottish football is a historical breeding ground for small, tricky wingers in the mould of Mizuno so i don't think there's too much concern about him not being able to adapt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts