Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elmundo is reporting that Laporta is finally willing to pay the money for Koeman to be coach next season. From what they report it seems that it will be likely for him to return.

Rijkaard would move up to director, so in other words a sacking without paying his clause.

They also mention Scolari in the same article, he has got success wherever hes gone and at a higher level.

Would you be happy with Koeman being our manager next season?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Koeman was a legend as a player but not as our next manager, a manager with no experience is a recipe for disaster like Rijkaard
get someone like Antic

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Nah, it's not important how much he did. It's important what he did. Rijkaard never accomplished anything. He didn't become EC with a squad that should've been. He even succeeded at relegating a team that never relegated before in the history of Dutch professional football.
Koeman on the other hand gave boosts to the performances of both Vitesse and Ajax. He puts the right players on the right place and makes it work.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
tombaker66 said:
Koeman was a legend as a player but not as our next manager, a manager with no experience is a recipe for disaster like Rijkaard
get someone like Antic
Antic my ass. Antic is not half the manager that Koeman will be. No experience? What are you on? :confused:

·
Registered
967 Posts
how long has koeman been managing?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
year 2000 i think

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
tombaker66 said:
how long has koeman been managing?
Can't be much less than Rijkaard!

I think, IF Rijkaard was to be replaced, Koeman would make a better manager than Most other guys available. Unless we someone managed to get a Ferguson or a Capello. He has experience of managing a huge club, he knows all about the history and culture of Barcelona, plus he's had some success with Ajax.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Koeman suprised everyone by guiding a young Ajax team to the quater-finals of the Champions League last season. However, with two key players gone, Ajax went out in only the first round of the Champions League this season, losing four times in six matches.

Koeman hasn't succeeded in replacing the players that left Ajax I think, and he has been accused of playing the wrong players and the wrong formations. For example, he has been playing Wesley Sonck continously as right-winger, when in fact, Sonck is a deep-lying striker. Such decisions made by Koeman have been criticized by fans and media alike. Anyhow, Koeman has signed a re-newed contract recenty I think, which says that he will stay Ajax coach until the summer of 2006.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Would you be happy with Koeman being our manager next season?
Yes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would prefer Koeman for this position in Barcelona. He loves Barca as a club and as a city. He is phantastic coach, and i am sure he would be better than Rijkaard. At least we would play with 2 strickers...And young people like Sergio Garcia, Andres Iniesta, Pena should be suitable taking to the first team.

I hate Rijkaard for his style of game. I cant understand why we are playing with 1 stricker...Here is Barcelona!:star:We cant play well in defensive zone so it is easy, we would play well in attack, but Rijkaard give the chance to the players!...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ronald Koeman could be a good coach, but we need to give him time. Koeman is loved and respected by everyone in Barcelona, he knows what Barça mean for Catalunya and the fans. He knows the club, the press, an atmosphere really difficult to manage.

Experience? Well, he has played football all his life, he doesn't have less experience of Cruyff's experience when he came to Barcelona.

I don't know, if he's the best. The biggest mistake was to sack Antic last season... if Rijkaard was the solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts