Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow Americans,

In honor of President's Day, when most people will be turning off their alarm clocks and sleeping in late on a Monday morning (and some feeling jypped that they no longer get both Washington and Lincoln's birthdays off), try this here quiz on for size:

http://games.toast.net/presidents/

I got 17/20, not bad.

·
Registered
55,848 Posts
"Your Score is 8
You failed the Test! Brush up on your knowledge and try again."

I don't know if this is any good for a foreigner with about 0 (nil) idea of the USA, mostly guessing took me to 8/20.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
19. Near Perfect! This was a difficult test, you should be proud!

I underestimated the number of Presidents that had never served in the military. :undecide:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
8, I don't think that's bad. Test was quite hard and I'd like to see how much the average american would know about british prime ministers.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
8. The test was hard. The question about which party never held office, d was the Repulican-Democrat party. Are they talking about the Republicans/democrats or was this a party which ran for president and won? If not it should be worded differently.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
I got 17. Even tough I have to admit that at least in 4-5 instances it was just a lucky guess.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
andrewcryne said:
8. The test was hard. The question about which party never held office, d was the Repulican-Democrat party. Are they talking about the Republicans/democrats or was this a party which ran for president and won? If not it should be worded differently.
The Republican-Democrat party was the originial Democratic Party. I think.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Andrix said:
The Republican-Democrat party was the originial Democratic Party. I think.
The Democrats claim that the Democratic-Republicans were the original Democrats, but it's more complicated than that. The Democrats were a splinter group from the Democratic-Republicans, after the disastrous realigning election of 1824. Andrew Jackson (yes, Humbird, New Orleans: whatever) renamed the contingent that supported him the 'Democrats', taking the poorer, lower-class, newly-enfranchised voters with him.

The Republicans have an equally valid, but less publicised, claim to the same pedigree. The faction that supported John Quincy Adams formed the National Republican Party, which went on to form the Whigs, which would become the core of the Republican Party that we know today.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
viva king juan carlos !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts