Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes we all know they have been terrible these last what nearly 5 years

but are they turning a corner?

marbury is a great player and a franchise could be build around him.

though i think trades for van horn and houston need to happen over summer if Isiah wants a ring

can they make the playoffs?
i think they are better then philly, and if houston can learn to shoot again (terrible in last 15 games) they might even get by the 1st round

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Isiah needs to coach the team himself if Knicks wants to be a candidate for a ring. Also some new players are needed. Knicks are better now than they've been for the last couple of years, but that's the east. They wouldn't stand a chanse if they played in the west.

·
Registered
307 Posts
there starting lineup at least on paper is probably the best in the east, they have no choice but to make the playoffs, the only true dominant teams are detroit and indiana and the rest is wide open.

D

·
0 Posts
Couple of points from this thread:

1. Trades for Van Horn and Houston?? you want them to get rid of two of there best players??

2. Isiah should coach the team himself?? What are you on about?? he was a terrible coach before, and he won't be any better.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doc_Rule said:
Couple of points from this thread:

1. Trades for Van Horn and Houston?? you want them to get rid of two of there best players??

2. Isiah should coach the team himself?? What are you on about?? he was a terrible coach before, and he won't be any better.
1. Marbury is better then both
KVH is overrated and he is too hot/cold very unreliable to put up 20 pts every game
houston has been terrible last 20 games or so, at start of season he was top scorerer like 14 out of 15 times, he has not done it once in the next 20 or so games. also i feel that they could get a better guard or foward then either of these two. Wallace comes to mind and hey why not save and join the Kobe sweepstakes :D

2. he took a bunch of kids in indiana to the playoffs and that was while artest was still a **** who never shut up. imagine what he could do now that artest is putting the team first and o'neal is getting better, he built the indiana foundation.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, Van Horn is off, but that deal doesn't seem very good to me. Tim Thomas? :rolleyes:

We should have gone for Wallace, can't believe the Hawks were able to snap him up.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hawks.....he is in detroit amo

as for tim thomas...stunner game vs kings...but he wont reach potential any time soon, esp not in a pressure cooker like NY.

what the knicks need to do is stop trading for avg players....like tim thomas and nazr mohhamed, and actually get some big name shooters that can run with marbury, hardaway and kurt thomas

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
He is more consistent and less of a pvssy, but Van Horn is more talented for sure.

Besides, Van Horn was traded because he and Marbury can't stand each other.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually KVH and amrbury were doing damn good together and were the only reason Knicks were winning games

btw houston is such crap...trade his ass

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
He is more consistent and less of a pvssy, but Van Horn is more talented for sure.

Besides, Van Horn was traded because he and Marbury can't stand each other.
In the end , what player would you rather have on your team? A potentially good player who's been in the league for a loong time? Or an athletic strong player who can shoot and score down low.

I doubt that's the reason he was traded anyway. Cause just like Lav said. on the court they played very well together, and that's all that matter.

Lav, trade Houston? For the sake of the New York Knicks organisation, and it's fans. I'm glad you're not GM.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hoston has been the franchise and now its marbury, for the amount of money he is getting he is not worth it.

unless he signs a smaller deal he is overpaid...and a injury liability with those knees, plus if he isnt the franchise anymore why not trade him somewhere where he can get his reputation back.

im if was GM...id keep team as nazr and tim are fitting in.....id trade mutombo, and houston and free cap space....for the kobe sweepstakes :)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Lav said:
im if was GM...id keep team as nazr and tim are fitting in.....id trade mutombo, and houston and free cap space....for the kobe sweepstakes :)
Yeah, right...like Kobe would even consider it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If NY ever had the money to go for Kobe (unlikely) OF COURSE he would consider it. Who wouldn't want to play for the Knicks?

Lav, Kiyan... I never said Van Horn and Marbury did not link well in the pitch. But it is a well known fact that during their time together at NJ they were not exactly good friends - and Thomas started shopping around Van Horn ever since he bagged the Marbury trade. He failed to get Wallace cause the Blazers would just not give him up for Van Horn and scraps and he went for something lesser instead...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
bailemos said:
Yeah, right...like Kobe would even consider it :rolleyes:
This is MSG we're talking about ... of course he would. Knicks are one of the most attractive teams in the NBA, even though they may not be the creme de la creme of the NBA. If they can clear up sufficient cap space 'till the end of the season, I'd rank them among the favorites to pick up Kobe in free agency.

Phoenix also cleared a lot of cap space for the free agency by getting rid of Stephon ... and I'm pretty sure they won't be going for Vladimir Stepania. Expect them to go for the big prize from Tinseltown (*hint hint*).

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Nobody will pick Kobe up in free agency ;) I was not saying anything specifically about NY. It's just stupid rumours that he's leaving. Of course, money is very important but it isn't everything for someone like Bryant.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
bailemos said:
Nobody will pick Kobe up in free agency ;) I was not saying anything specifically about NY. It's just stupid rumours that he's leaving. Of course, money is very important but it isn't everything for someone like Bryant.
Well, it's not like he gets along with his teammates & coach, or vice-versa. He may like LA the city, but I'm not sure whether he likes LAL, the team.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Mihajlovic said:
Well, it's not like he gets along with his teammates & coach, or vice-versa. He may like LA the city, but I'm not sure whether he likes LAL, the team.
Bryant's been a Laker since he was 6 years old. Not sure? :rolleyes:

He has a very professional relationship with his teammates and coach. It's true that he dislikes Jackson as a person but he said there couldn't be a better coach.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts