Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...after what Kluivert had said to 'Marca' I think he should be out the door tonight. he said that he wouldn't take a pay cut and that he felt unhappy sometimes and felt he could do better at another club among other things. I think that Txiki, Laporta and Frank were doing HIM!! a favour be giving him the chance to prove himself in the league but i would much prefer Saviola and Sergio Garcia as they would be much better in the rest of the league. :mad: I like Kezman and after another great performance yesterday I think that Kluivert's time is limited. I personally don't want Trez as he is a bit lazy sometimes like Kluivert but sometimes great!! I was unsure about Alfonso :eek: and he turned about to be crap so i'm sure that we don't deserve another like him. Anyone else believe that:
1. Kluivert should go as soon as possible
2. Trez isn't the player we need
3. We need Kezman
4. Anyone agrees with me!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
What Kluivert has said to Marca is:

"It seems that there are people in the club who has said things to press, but no one has talked to me. I can't recall the last time I've spoken with Txiki, Rosell or others in the club. Why do I have to give always explanations and defending myself of the lies? I'm tired of defending myself for nothing.

"Sometimes I think I would be better out of Barcelona, I'm sick of these stupid things"

"I'm not going to accept a modification of the contract. I am not going to cut a single euro from my contract. I already did an effort last summer because the club had debts, but I won't do it again".

------------

You know where the door is, idiot! :mad:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Well, if he tells the truth....
It's a rather nasty way of leading the club....

and on vi.nl he said he loved living in Barcelona and loved the club, so if it took a pay-cut to stay he wouldn't be unwilling to take it...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he should have left last summer when he was at the peak of public disaproval :pp watching tv3 everyday to see Sigi Lens and Kluivert trying to save every penny he could from his contract annoyed me that he was so stubborn!! He wants to go to England, everybody knows it so just do it and lets get someone else in ( Kezman!!)

·
40,147 Posts
Krijn said:
Well, if he tells the truth....
It's a rather nasty way of leading the club....

and on vi.nl he said he loved living in Barcelona and loved the club, so if it took a pay-cut to stay he wouldn't be unwilling to take it...
No, he lies. I've heard several times Laporta and Rijkaard talking about the convenience and the importance of having the best Kluivert. But the Dutch has arrived late several time to the trainings. The injury he had was a 2 or 3 weeks injury and it has become a 2 months injury with rumours that he wasn't working well to solve this situation.

Last summer, he didn't get a pay-cut. He has an option in his contract that allows Barça to pay him 4 million € more, if not, his indemnization clause falls to 1,8 million. Laporta said since the begining he won't pay 4 millions more to Kluivert, so he could have left for 1,8. Laporta asked him to decide soon, if he wanted to stay or not, because Barça had to buy an striker or not, depending on this. He didn't appear in 2 weeks, no news about him and about his representant. We had to read in the newspapers how Kluivert was knocking on every top English club door. No one wanted to pay his salary (the one that he has in Barcelona now without adding the 4 million plus), so he decided to stay here. There wasn't a single club in Europe who wanted to pay a high salary to Kluivert, even if he would have left Barcelona only for 1,8 million.

Kluviert can say whatever he wants, but the Barça fans know him too well. If he is sad, then he knows what to do, no one will stop him. He doesn't count for the next season anyway.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He could have had a buy-out clause of 1 cent, no-one wanted to buy him regardless of how much he costs!! :D

True Kluivert can say whatever he wants but it isn't good for anybody to have him whining on. I personally didn't want Laporta to be elected :dontcare: (My preference was Bassat) but he has done well and all the players realised the need for pay cuts. Kluivert's bonuses were exessive and a result of great negociating by Gaspart :fero: (What a joke he is!), NOT! so therefore he stops complaining and plays well or leaves, do one or the other not play crap and stay :skull:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Kluivert should shut the **** up. Rave partys, fiestas and clubbing are his biggest intressests here in life, so I'd be pleased to see us ship him away to a club where this is allowed. Fluminense maybe? Kluivert feels that he doesn't have a future in the club and that the media are pointing him out as a failure etc. So it's understandable that he feels pressured and attacked. That's still no excuse since he should had left a long time ago. We're a better team whitout him. I want players as commited to the club as we fans are. Players that shows that their hearts belongs to the club. Players like Hristo.

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Koeman4 said:

You know where the door is, idiot! :mad:
No if a paycut was accepted by Kluivert then yes he would be an idiot but since he didn´t your above statement has no ground.

·
40,147 Posts
P_Kluivert said:
No if a paycut was accepted by Kluivert then yes he would be an idiot but since he didn´t your above statement has no ground.
It's false, he didn't accept any paycut. He didn't get the bonus. The problem is that he wants that Gaspart stupid bonus and NO, he won't get this. If he doesn't like it, he can leave. What he can't do is to demand for money when he didn't add anything to this team. He didn't leave, because he didn't find anything out of Barcelona. His attitude is annoying, because he demands what he doesn't give. If he wants to stay, what can we do? Nothing. But if he's so sad and if he feels that everyone is against him, then he should leave instead of insulting everyone in Barcelona.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
i was wondering when you'd show up to kiss kluiverts ass, a bit later than usual eh ?

·
Registered
565 Posts
A friend of mine is in Barcelona doing an MBA at EADA, a school there. He told me that he was eating at Kluivert's place, Carpe Diem, and that he saw Kluivert dining with some friends having some type of party, a celebration. That was the same day he supposedly arrived late and liquored up to training.

The guy obviously knows he's gone. I believe no team will be interested enough to pay Kluivert what he's payed in Barca. And since he's only interested in his dough, then he's probably not leaving. He'll stay at Barca but will be training alone like Dani and Bonano did this year.

It pissess me off that his attitude is causing Barca to waste alot of dough on his sorry @$$ while that money could go to another striker. But that's business and we have to respect his contract.

Funk you GASPART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) JC

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
killah said:
i was wondering when you'd show up to kiss kluiverts ass, a bit later than usual eh ?
Yeah my apologies I have had a rather busy nevous week waiting for my testresult from this years lawexam, therefore I was a little late in this regard but I will shape up next time;)

Cheers;)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh and ' P_Kluivert' you say that he is the complete package, why don't you put scoring there? because he doesn't

:fero:

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
tombaker66 said:
oh and ' P_Kluivert' you say that he is the complete package, why don't you put scoring there? because he doesn't

:fero:
Goalscoring is an instinct some people has and some people dont.
It follows you in all sports not just football, if you are good scorer in football you could probably be a good scorer in hockey for example (if you learned the other aspects of hockey that is).
Scoring goals is about instict the rest is about football ability sure it´s a big part of the game but I would never take the "complete player titel" of a player just because he wasn´t born with goalscoring instincts.

There have been some defenders that got the complete package as well but I wouldn´t shred the titel of them just because they don´t score goals.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but it's his job to score, that's why he doesn't play

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's quite annoying how many Kluivert lovers we have in this board, sure maybe he's good for your country but are you so biased and can't see that he doesn't work for us? Saviola is the better player, IMO. The connection that "El Conejito" and Ronnie have going on is great and it wasn't untill he was put in the starting linuep that we've been playing up to our potential. 11 games un-beaten is incredible don't you think? I never expected that anyway.

Other then the fact that Kluivert doesn't fit in here anymore because him and the fans obviously don't see eye to eye and he isn't the perfect model of a player we want at the new Barca with Laporta that we're trying to build, but with our current formation & player that's working out you know what they say "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

BTW, this is coming from a non-Kluivert basher who thinks his best days at Barca are behind him and just thinks that it's time for him to move on.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
P_Kluivert said:

There have been some defenders that got the complete package as well but I wouldn´t shred the titel of them just because they don´t score goals.
yes, but defenders aren't expected to score goals

·
Registered
565 Posts
We all agree that Kluivert is a very good player but is living his worst times at Barca. He has clearly shown his interest in playing in the Premier League and we all believe that he doesn't have the aproval from the Barca fans. He is the most unpopular player Barca has, next to Overmars. But we have to remember that he still has another year in his contract and the striker position is the most expensive one.

Even though I'm sick of Patrick and his lack of compromise with the proyect, I believe that Barca is trying to recover Kluivert since there is a big possibility he stays at Barca his last year. He has made clear he wont touch his contract, so he will be payed the same if he played or not. There are also rumors that if he doesnt take a wage reduction, he might be cut from the team and will have to train alone like Dani and Bonano did.

If Kluivert finds another club, the 1.8M price on his clause wont matter since the club will be relieved of paying a big wage to a player that didn't deserve it. It's a shame but it is true.

If Kluivert decides to stay one more year at Barca he will have problems signing with Arsenal, ManUtd or even Chelsea since he'll be out of shape and will have a lousy year. No big club would seriously think on signing him, since his last years at Barca have only tarnished his record. He'll have to consider playing for a Turkish club or something.

If Kluivert continues next year, Barca might hold signing a star striker for the next summer and probably try to create a more solid attack.

I believe that Larsson can come for free this summer and try to bring big players for the wing and defence. Wingers like Vicente, Luque and Joaquin are great. Other names are worth mentioning besides their age: Giggs, Nedved, Giuly.The midfield should be the current if Davids and Cocu stay. On defence we might be able to bring fullbacks and/or a central defender.

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
killah said:
yes, but defenders aren't expected to score goals
True but my statement was not about that it was just about what is needed to be considered a complete player, I mean you can have goalscoring instincts even if you are a defender right?
I don´t care if you are a forward and you are expected to score goals sure it´s better if you have that instict but if you don´t have it there is nothing you can do about it, nothing at all.
So therefore to be a complete player I don´t think you need to have a goalscoring instict because that would just make it impossible for some players no matter how hard they work to be a complete player.

Now with that said I believe Kluivert is better suited as a midfielder so I agree expecting him to score goals is not the path to succes but that is irrelevant for my standpoint on him being a complete player.
In my book I wanna see Patrick as an offensive midfielder (as we saw in a few games with the Holland NT) and use his vision,strenght,passing,technique to create oppertunites for others not the other way around and when he does that he uses the talents he does have and not trying to use the instict he lacks.

But again all I did was refering to the comments that someone posted about me not listing scoring in my sign that´s all, I wasn´t looking for a discussion just wanted to clearify why I didn´t use that as a merit for being a complete player.

Thank you and have a happy Easter!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts