Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona's Kluivert house-hunting ahead of Arsenal move
tribalfootball.com - December 29, 2003

Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert is already house-hunting in London ahead of a potential move to Arsenal.
A close pal told the News of the World, "Patrick says he will soon sign for the Gunners. He has even been to London already to look for a new home. Apparently, United were interested too - but Patrick says he prefers to live in London and not Manchester."

A Barcelona insider also said, "It is an open secret now that Patrick is going to London - the only uncertainty is when.

"Any sort of decent offer for him would get him right away - otherwise it will happen in the summer, for sure."

--------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona's Kluivert chases Arsenal move
tribalfootball.com - December 28, 2003

Barcelona star Patrick Kluivert is on his way to Arsenal.
The Dutchman has been linked with Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea since the summer and could be offloaded by Barca in January.

Indeed, Kluivert has told the News of the World that his next move will be to Highbury.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
not believing it until its official

Spot on Swiftwilly. Remember last summer everyone was saying Kewell to the Arsenal was a done deal than all of a sudden he's a Red.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
tribalfootball.com is a BULLSHIT site
all news is fakes

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I would love to see PK at Highbury as I have total faith in Arsene to turn PK into a great player once again. Let's face it Barca is the place many great players goto the last five years and their careers simply die, Petit, Riquleme and Overmars come to mind.

I know PK has quite a bit of baggage but the talent is still there he just needs some of that old Wenger magic.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Tunis4life said:
I would love to see PK at Highbury as I have total faith in Arsene to turn PK into a great player once again. Let's face it Barca is the place many great players goto the last five years and their careers simply die, Petit, Riquleme and Overmars come to mind.

I know PK has quite a bit of baggage but the talent is still there he just needs some of that old Wenger magic.
yaa that's it
Arsene Wenger's magic, He wears a magic hat

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Overmars is not speedy gonzalez anymore, rather a ferrari on worn out tyres. But if Wenger thinks he could still be of some use to Arsenal then......
Overmars could still have won prizes with Barca, as it was the management fault and the whole team disappointing poorly that prevented Overmars from being not so succesful in Spain as he was in England.

Patrick Kluivert should go to Arsenal. But if Bergkamp receives another 1-year extension on his contract then I think neither of the two Dutchmen will be satisfied with a place on the bench. So Wenger should think carefully before deciding to persue this Kluivert thing. :)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Overmars is one of ex-Arsenal player that I respected the most. I still think that his career in Barça is far from over. Last season, I've seen him running and dribbling the ball the half pitch very quick (FC Barcelona 4-0 Real Betis) and at that time I nearly believed that he is still the fastest winger in the world at that time. And the most important thing, he is still a Gunner at heart. He admitted in official website that he was happy when Arsenal won the 'double winners' and has been following their news until now.

Anyway, I am not sure if the news that Kluivert searching for a house in London is true. But even if it's true, it proves that probably van Bronckhorst has washed his mind about how great the environment in Arsenal is. :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
why doesn't Kluivert just buy Van Bronkhursts house ?

oh ,of course ,not enough jacuzzi's :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
whats going to happen to gio van b. ? laoned at barca, i still like to see him at arsenal, i remember that midfield low drive to score a goal, beautiful shot.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
whats going to happen to gio van b. ? laoned at barca, i still like to see him at arsenal, i remember that midfield low drive to score a goal, beautiful shot.
I don't think he will want to back because Advocaat has warned him he needs first team football to stay in the Dutcfh team, which he is getting at Barca.

This is proving the quality of the english league. A Division 1 background player could go and play in Serie A in the first XI, but the reverse would never happen. VB couldn't get a starting place at Man U, Arsneal, Chelsea, Newcaste or Liverpool, but he does in one of Spain's top clubs.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
Barcelona are handing to us a king's ransom for Van Bronckhorst's services. I think that they are paying us about £1.5m, paying his wages for 12 months (another £1.5m), and waiving legal objection to Cesc's move to Arsenal. And that's just for one season! Let him rot in Barcelona, I say.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
lol well just wondering whats hapenning to him. arsenal has no room in the midfield and ashly cole is doing fine

·
Registered
282 Posts
Overmars's has an ajax heart, not with some club he gained some easy and quick success then backed his bags and left. it barca wasn't performing so crap week in week out, he'd never even think of returning to arsenal. i doubt very much that mentally he doesn't see much in running up and down highbury's flanks anymore, and physically u'd be lucky if he could still do it for an hour. you guys won't be getting the nippy overmars from 4 years ago, now, as already said, a guy doing his last laps.
with robben, van der meyde, and van persie starting the new lightning of lightning fast wingers in holland, overmars may well be staying at home for euro 2004. and i have absolutely no probs with that :)

it wouldn't matter where van bronckhorst is playing, coz his spot in the dutch team isn't guaranteed, wheter he plays week-in-week-out or not. advocaat will either use a de boer - bouma combination on the left-side of defence, or hofland - bouma, bouma - hofland. and then it's a battle between gio and zenden. and if cocu also is considered for something defensive, gio might not even be in the squad for portugal. again, i have absolutely no probs with that either :)

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Abominus said:
Overmars's has an ajax heart, not with some club he gained some easy and quick success then backed his bags and left. it barca wasn't performing so crap week in week out, he'd never even think of returning to arsenal. i doubt very much that mentally he doesn't see much in running up and down highbury's flanks anymore, and physically u'd be lucky if he could still do it for an hour. you guys won't be getting the nippy overmars from 4 years ago, now, as already said, a guy doing his last laps.
with robben, van der meyde, and van persie starting the new lightning of lightning fast wingers in holland, overmars may well be staying at home for euro 2004. and i have absolutely no probs with that :)

it wouldn't matter where van bronckhorst is playing, coz his spot in the dutch team isn't guaranteed, wheter he plays week-in-week-out or not. advocaat will either use a de boer - bouma combination on the left-side of defence, or hofland - bouma, bouma - hofland. and then it's a battle between gio and zenden. and if cocu also is considered for something defensive, gio might not even be in the squad for portugal. again, i have absolutely no probs with that either :)
Yay! Good post.

V

·
0 Posts
This would be great, Henry together with Kluivert in one attack. This is the best and most exciting attack possible.

·
Registered
300 Posts
pk joining you guys will be cool cos i think he is still one of the best strikers in the world. he is not happy in barcelona and i think that barca is the club that kills careers, overmars, petit ,dani and many more i am waiting for ronaldinho's career to go down the drain too cos he is mad for leaving man united and joining those psychos.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ronaldinho left man utd? when? he left psg i think. maybe u mean he shoudv'e gona to man utd. perhaps, but then he would be stealing roy keane's fire, and united are doing very well without him. kleberson, ronaldo, keane, giggs and scholes provide enough creativity.
and david bellion is gonna be a huge talent too.

anyway, i reckon petit was past it when he went to barca, coz when he did play, he sucked bigged time and didn't look half the player he was for arsenal in the season 97-98 when he was world-class.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Petit's best season was 98/99 ,he was the best defensive midfield on the planet then ;)

as far as i remember Barca didn't play him much and when they did they often played him in defence. :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts