Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to like this guy, but after watching his games against Chelsea and Valencia in the CL I have to say he blows. Yes, he scores a goal every couple of games, but he gets a million chances. He show score far more often with all the service he gets. In big games he vanishes. I lost count of how many possible runs, headers and combinations he botched. I think he's overrated. What do you all think?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think that he is world class and assisted almost all of the Rivaldo goals that i saw this season.
So what if he's not the most natural goalscorer?
He is an extremely talented player who's overall game provides so much more than that of a traditional striker.
If anything, he is under-rated.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Patrick Kluivert is definitely not that bad.
He´s a talented young player who has seen the centers of world soccer (Amsterdam, Milan, Barca of course,...).
And he is a good weapon for Barcelona.
Overrated or underrated?
Well, he maybe was overrated after he left Ajax, but now he proved that he can be as good as with Ajax if he just plays in the right system.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I think, he is over-rated. He might be very good and motre tha a traditional striker but better players deserve to play in Barca. <aybe Raul, shevchenko etc.

He is definitely not one of those players. If Barca wants to get the treble next year, he has to get a replacement for the dutch. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, i really think that Raul would play for barca.
Maybe we could offer Guardiola in exchange, yeah? :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
LOL!!!
Sh|t, you didn't see the irony?
It was a JOKE. :)
I was trying to highlight the ridiculous notion that Raul would ever play for barca like some guy said.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
We undrrstood the irony Oly :) Very funny ;) hehe But it is true: Barca need a lethal finisher if they're to win the treble. Dani is IMO much better then Patrick, unfortunately he's not Dutch. I like Kluivy very much, but to say he's underrated is too much :(

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Kluivert can be excellent. But a lot of games he just sucks. I would play Dani over Kluivert any day of the week.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, i'm sure that you saw it, but real player seemed to think i was serious. lol
Trust me, having watched DAni play on many occaisons, he really deserves to be on the bench.
He creates nothing, and his finishing isn't as lethal as some think.
I much prefer to see Kluivert playing with skill and intelligence than see Dani just relying on a good pass from Pep or Figo.

G

·
saviola's reportedly held talks with barcelona...good young and will be better than batistuta..however also held talks with inter

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Kluivert creates more chances than Dani, and he is physically way stronger. Dani would be better in a two-striker system.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think that inter would be more likely to spend crazy money on Saviola than we will.
I'd like to see a bit more of him before judging his value.

G

·
No way!!
Kluivert is a class act! If he plays in the right system he is superb - look at Ajax. He hasn't done too badly for Barca either.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I actually think Kluivert plays a lot better now than, let's say two years ago. Remember him in Milan (I wouldn't be at all surprised if you don't) or the World Cup 1998? In the latter especially, the guy was a laugh!!! He'd HAVE to miss 8-10 chances before he'd actually score! It was a statistical fact in every single game!
I think in Barca he has found a game that suits him more: creating chances and giving assists so that somebody else can score (Rivaldo has done it in numerous occasions). Overall though, I'd say he's overrated, no way he's one of the best strikers in the world.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts