Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is better kluivert or van nistelrooy?

For me i think that kluivert is better , because not only he is a goalscorer but he can also make good passes , i can see him easyly playing as an attacking midfielder while nistelrooy is a pur goalscorer which means that if the midfielder don't give any good passes he'll have a very bad match as for kluivert he can retreat and take his own balls .Kluivert also have a great advantage which his head play which make use the long balls or balls from corners and finally i think that kluivert is much more experienced and his play is much more mature.Maybe in a few years nistelrooy will be better but right now Kluivert is the man.

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
I like Van Nistelrooy alot and he´s one of the best players in the world but he comes up short versus Patrick.

Let´s have a breakdown shall we.

Tecnique: Advantage Kluivert. Not many has the tecnique of Kluivert. VN has good tecnique but not the class of Kluivert.

Passing: Advantage Kluivert. As u said Lebnen Kluivert is a great passer and that is what makes him the best striker in the world he´s ability to pass the ball.

Goalscoring ability: Advantage VN. Kluivert is getting there but right now VN has the advantage.

Shot: Tie. Both have very well placed shots and good power on em.

In the Air: Advantage Kluivert. Kluivert is superb in the air just a shame he can´t show it at Barca cause lack of wingers.

Pace: I think both are equaly fast. VN is faster in short sprints while Kluivert is faster when he get´s a couple of yards to run cause of his lenght.

Overall judgment: Kluivert is better

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Agreed Krijn! But at the same time it will Hurt so much to know what kinda damage they could have done at the WC!!

Can´t wait for em to play in the Euro 2004!
Oranje for gold!!

BTW: Is there anyway I can change my name?? I want to change it to KLUIVERT4EVA can u as a moderator change my name???
Would really appriciate it!

Take care!

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
:D No it´s not my real name:depress: :D :D

How do I contact this Jan???
Also how do I make such a cool avatar as yours P.Kluivert??

Thanx guys!

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Well if it´s not to much trouble I´ll ask u?
How did u do yours?

·
Registered
15 Posts
p_kluivert,

first ruud is way faster than pat!

second, u contradict yourself, how can kluivert b better in the air if, as u say "he can´t show it at Barca cause lack of wingers", so how can he prove he's beta in the air than ruud? plus we play much club matches than international, so it should mainly be based on club form.

thirdly, u say "shot", so what u on about? accuracy?? ruud wins if thats your case.

forthly, and not least, u forgot a very under estimated quality MENTALITY. ruud had a cruciate injury, an injury that can potentially destroy careers. he was out for a year, returns, signs for united. is currently top scorer in both the premiership and champions league in his first season, plus he broke the record for the consecutive goals scored in the premiership. anyway hes done all that a year after his career "could" have been down the drain... could kluivert match that if he suffered such an injury? to b honest, not many players could, plus kluivert has a dodgy temperment. i read on here b4 about patricks incident a few years ago while he was driving too and nearly killed someone, then the next week he was caught speeding, if true its a disgrace.

id go for ruud myself, because hes a great guy, and a great footballer.

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Mart:

Come on man EVERYONE knows Kluivert is superb in the air it´s not just scoring goals it´s the way he wins almost every duel in the air but ok I should have written.
He doesn´t get to show it in the goal scoring colum THIS year at Barca.
Every other year he HAS shown it. Internationly he HAS shown it and he keeps showing it even tough he hasn´t scored that many THIS year with his head. U can be good in the air without scoring u know.
Also way faster?? Ehhh NO!
How can u even say that?? On the first couple of yards yes I said that but when it gets to 10-12 yards Pat beats VN.

OMG! U say its tough overcoming that injury yes it is...
But what in earth haven´t Kluivert overcome???
Well if Pat played in the premiership he would lead the scoring race La Liga is better than the Premiership..

I like VN but Kluivert is the superior player.....

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Oh and when I said both have very well placed shots doesn´t that somehow make u think I was talkin about accuarcy??

Placing the shot is accuary right??? Tought so.....

Kluivert has at least the same accuary has VN so don´t even go there......

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry u wrote "placed" i thought it said pace. not wearing contact lenses!

"OMG! U say its tough overcoming that injury yes it is...
But what in earth haven´t Kluivert overcome???"... true if u know where im coming from?

"Kluivert has at least the same accuary has VN so don´t even go there......" the way u said that says it all!

peace man!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
They are different kind of strikers. Ruudje is a #9 while Kluivert is a #10 (ironicly Ruud plays with #10 @ ManU, while Patrick plays with #9), so they complement eachother very well. So instead of comparing them I'd rather talk about how great they will be together....

at EURO2004 :(

·
Registered
879 Posts
did i miss something.. or did nobody discuss finishing...

this is different from goalscoring ability in my book.

RVN is a much better finisher.. IE killer instinct to make the most of a chance...

the most important attribute for a striker..

I'd take RVN anyday.. but i dont think he would fit in at barc,a.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i didn't realise they were the same age. in that case, kluivert is better.

kluivert proved himself at a young age and became one of teh best strikers in the world when ajax won the CL against Milan in 95 or 96 i think. he has better ball skills, dribbles better, creates more and is more versitile.

Van Nistleroy just doesnt cut it for me really, i think if he went a club like lazio, valencia etc... he would not get the attention he does because whoever joins man u is hyped up and said to be the best.

eg. Forlan....is a no-one before joining them, and now, although he has done nothing yet, is rated as a good striker and he is called into the uruguay NT.

makes no sense.

kluivert is better!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts