Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing his form last nigh I don't think that any of
you will have any doughts about his skills as a striker.
I think that he is one of the first class strikers.
He would really fill in for Ronaldo(absent due to injury).
Then when R9 returns we could put them together upfront .
This is my opinion guys what do you think?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I haven't seen you mentioning his name over here before... Is it just 'cause he scored four goals (three actually) yesterday? What happens if he plays like **** on Thursday?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
he is excellent !!!

this is how i rate the popular strikers

class A :
ronaldo, vieri, crespo, batistuta, kluivert, raul , shevchenko and owen

class B : salas , ortega , zamarano ,inzaghi (f) , inzaghi (s) , shearer , morientes , del piero and berkamp

class c : cheisa , amoruso , recoba , lucarelli , yoke , cole , fowler , anelka , hasselbank , viduka , saviola , palermo , montella , zola and sukur (turkish the other sucks)

greatest 5:
1. ronaldo
2. vieri
3. kluivert
4. crespo
5. batistuta

I reckon we would not have troubles with kluivert or crespo

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
No one mentioned Kluivert before the start of this tournament: I would have to go with Lazia on this one>

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
abdul,
Do you actually know the difference between a forward and a striker? I wonder...
Anyways, Kluivert definately doesn't belong in your so called "class A"!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
kliuvert scored only 3 goals,one was an owngoal by govedarica!!
but the goals he scored was very easy ones,not like del piero or crespo goals:)
sometimes we dont even see him on the pitch for 45-70 minutes and then he scores,and everyone starts to mention his name as one of the top players again,if he didnt score those goals im not sure if he would play the next game...

I

·
0 Posts
Buy Kluivert!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That has GOT to be one of the CRAZIEST things I have heard here. Once the guy scores three goals and is credited with four you say hes the best thing out there. I think there are two reasons why WE SHOULDN'T buy Kluiver: 1. After that lucky performance his price will go up between $5-$10 million at least 2. The guy wastes so many opportunities. He needs 5 chances before he actually scores. That wasnt the case yesterday but it was everytime I watched him in the Champions League. I know Moratti has a bunch of money but for once I would like for him to make a smart business move. SO PLEASE DONT BUY KLUIVERT.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Do you people actually watch soccer?

I totally agree - Kluivert is the best player who ever played the game! He's incredible! Inter should sign him right away before someone els....wait a second, who was that who just scored? WOW - Overmars is the best player in the world. We should trade Vieri and Ronaldo right away to make sure we get him...wait a minute - stop everything! Did you see that goal by Djorkaef? We should sign him immediately! How could Moratti have ever let him go?!?! Is he insane? We'd have won the Scudetto if he were still here! :rolleyes:

I fully expect Nuno Gomes and Theirry Henry to make both of your lists by the end of the day on Wednesday.

Inter has all the strikers it could ever possibly use, and then some. If someone wants to make a useful and/or realistic suggestion regarding Inter's need for a defensive midfielder, I'm all ears...

FORZA INTERNAZIONALE!!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I have to agre with lazia also.

It is ridicilous the fact that whenever a player has one of his good days and scores few goals then he becomes the player to buy.

Kluivert is a good striker but is not that great. He just had one of his good(excellent indeed) days and scored those opportunities. They were all easy oportunities except the last one. I loved that one :)

Same with Anelka. He scored 2 goals against some team then became the "grreatest" youngster of the year. I am still looking for a positive action from him to see how "great" he is, however, still, havent seen it yet.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Carlito i would have to agree..As soon as a player has a great game their are links to every team that seem to be interested..
One game does not prove anything you must be consistant..
Now if Kluivert scores 4 goals against ITaly..That is a different story but I do not see that happening..
He happened to be at the right place at the right time..
He is good/just a tad bit overated..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
OK! I don't have anything personal against Kluivert, he is quite a good player, but why do you guys want another striker?
Sukur, Vieri, R9, Zamorano. You just lost Kallon. Ventola's future is unsure, Mutu is not happy... And your solution is one more striker?!?!?

S

·
0 Posts
Euro 2000-Kluivert unlucky at Milan, Maldini says

By Gideon Long

GEEL, Belgium, June 26 (Reuters) - Patrick Kluivert was the right man in the wrong place at the wrong
time during his disastrous season at AC Milan, according to Paolo Maldini.

Kluivert was hailed as the new Marco van Basten when he signed for Milan from Ajax Amsterdam in
1997 but left a year later as one of the club's biggest flops.

He has since flowered at Barcelona to become one of the most dangerous strikers in the world, as his
Euro 2000 quarter-final hat-trick against Yugoslavia testified.

``The signs of talent were always there with Kluivert but sometimes you have to have a little bit of
patience,'' said Maldini, who will captain Italy against the Netherlands in their semifinal on Thursday.

``In that 1997-98 season, none of the Milan players were much in evidence. He was unfortunate enough
to arrive at Milan just then and he paid for it.

``He was only 21, he arrived at the San Siro to join a team which had been used to winning and had no
time to settle in. It wasn't an ideal situation for him.''

Kluivert's strike rate at Milan was nine goals in 32 appearances -- an acceptable tally for a young foreign
forward in his first season in Serie A.

But his performances for a struggling Milan side were largely forgettable and he became embroiled in a
feud with the San Siro crowd, who lost patience with him within months and whistled him at every touch.

who's gonna argue with Maldini???
Milan was the flop, not kluivert.......Class A baby!!!!
I'd even go as far as to say he should be preffered over vieri (make money off vieri) and get davids or a dutch defender.......Davids and seedorf together are untouchable.......................

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Thank you, Razor, for bringing some common sense into this place!

Like cmdg32323232322313322853 said, nobody mentioned Kluivert before his 4-goal performance. And after he goes goalless in the next game, nobody will mention him again.

Kluivert is young and talented, no question. But there is NO WAY he is a player of enough quality to replace Ronaldo. There are a dozen or more strikers in Europe better than Kluivert.

Kluivert scored all those goals against Yugo because of the awesome Dutch midfield. If you look at your tapes, boys, you will see that class midfielders like Davids and Bergkamp made super passes that delivered the ball right to Kluivert's toes; all he had to do was tap the ball in. No offense to Kluivert, but I could have scored at least twice with Davids, Bergkamp, Overmars and Zenden in a rampant mood behind me.

Kluivert would never make it at Inter because he has a history of taking 40 chances to score one goal. A perfect example is the Brazil-Holland WC98 semifinal. Kluivert took about 12 chances to score the tying goal. But suddenly he was praised because he scored it! He should have been chastised for wasting so many chances.

D

·
0 Posts
Ronaldo is still a better example of a central striker than Kluivert, a player purely who scores goals.

But players such as Raul and Inzaghi are definitely not a class above Kluivert, definitely not.

I don't think Owen belongs in that Class A yet, I think Shearer is better.

But anyway, Kluivert to Inter?, I'm not sure if he wants to join another Milan team. His ambition is to join a Premiership team in the near future.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To stop all of this talk I'm not the person to decide
wether to buy Kluivert or not. Ok maybe my opinion
wasn't a good one (most of you said that)and for that
I appologize but still I would like to clear out that
it wasn't based on one game. I have seen him playing
with Barcelona ((in the league and in the champions league)). I have also seen him playing at the world cup
and in many other games.As for him being a first class
striker Fifa 2000 & Championship manager 99/00 seem to
agree with that opinion.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah,like Falcao said Kluivert cannot come to Inter.We just can buy anybody who scores 4 in a game and expect them to perform well for Inter.If i were playing with that kind of service the Dutch midfield were providing,I could have netted SIX! :)

Forza Inter!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You're right, Cloud. Before a couple of you start overrating the guy, just realize he didn't do it all by himself!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Like it has been mentioned /Kluivert was given opportunities from midfield..Right place right time>>
One of the best attacking teams against the best Defensive teams..So the weakness is their defense if the italians convert on any mistake they make and go up a goal..Holland is in trouble..
Kluivert had a great game/ but has he been consistent..
Their is no way he will score 1 goal against italy..
So after the game V-italia will he still be the player to buy..
ThAT IS THE QUESTION???:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts