Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of might have read this and P.Kluivert posted some of this before but here is the whole article...

Concerned by Van Gaal's return

Barcelona have confirmed our coach for next season will be Louis van Gaal, which is a decision that leaves me with mixed emotions. I am glad because he is a man who I know and who has a respected record in football, which must be good for the future of Barca, but I am also concerned because his appointment has left me personally with some unanswered questions.

I'm aware there have been stories suggesting van Gaal has already decided to sell me but I have heard nothing from the club. It is difficult right now for me to know what I should believe but it is obviously not great news to read stories saying my future at the Nou Camp is in doubt.

What I can say is it will be very difficult for the club to sell me without my agreement, and as I have said, I have expressed no desire to leave the Nou Camp. I am happy in Barcelona and if the club have a different opinion of the situation, they must tell me.

I understand that van Gaal may wish to sell me, or even another player, to finance the transfer of new players over the summer. In probability, they would be able to buy somebody for a cheaper price and from a business point of view, I can see why that makes sense. But I am a footballer not a businessman and I do not wish to play elsewhere at this stage of my career.

Unfortunately, I leave for a short tour to America with the Dutch national team on Tuesday which means I will not be back in Spain until later this month and I suppose I must wait until then to clarify what is really happening. I would like to speak to van Gaal in person so I will know the difference between fact and fiction but, for now, I must be patient.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Also Saviola and Puyol have given their comments:
More Support For Van Gaal From Barça Dressing Room
Just hours before his official presentation, Louis Van Gaal has been given more support by his soon-to-be players. Javier Saviola, for example, hopes Van Gaal can turn the club around after yet another disappointing season.

"My teammates have spoken highly of him, but of course I don't know him and it'll all be new for me" he told the local press.

"I think he's got a strong personality, but I really know nothing else about him. I hope he brings us luck and the titles that we all want to win. "

"It'll be for the good of the club. I've got nothing but good words for him" said Carles Puyol.

"I have very good memories of his last period at the club. I think the most important thing is that we realize what a great club we have and how important it is to stay united and support the manager."

SoccerAge.com

Puyol made his debut under VG who gave him his confidence rather than continuing with Reiziger.....

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
My opinion is that Van Gaal is trying to sell Kluivert. The fact that he hasn't denied the rupours to Patrick means that he may be on his way out. Personally I think that it would be a good move as long as Van Gaal brings a world class player that actually DOES something in the big matches. Kluviert has only been a big factor for Barça in one big game: against Liverpool...and for the wrong team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts