Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,so is time for Julia,ginger,angle,dmitry,oanimal,senior,shevagol,aab to help me on this,tk.:thumbsup:

Let's start...

Where are you from,how old are you?,where do you work?

Counting one to ten,ras,dva,tri......

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
numerodix said:
Bojan speaks Russian? He gets around doesn't he. :D
He said he had russian lessons with a hot prof last summer....i guess he learn something.:pp

But let's not go off topic,you know some russin or what?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok numerodix.

So Dmitry you help me or not,now you don't have the ukes to joke with you here.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your name?
where do you live?
Where did you born?
What is your work?
what is your age?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
numerodix said:
Bojan speaks Russian? He gets around doesn't he. :D
Just a few words, nothing special. ;)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
kleber said:
He said he had russian lessons with a hot prof last summer....i guess he learn something.:pp
she was hot indeed, that's why I didn't learn much. :D

On topic: it's not that easy. First you need to learn russian alphabet and pronunciation. Because writing russian phrases in latin alphabet looks kind of funny to me - their alphabet has few letters that cannot be adequately translated into latin counterpart. And pronunciation is way different than English one. That's why your best bet is to get a teacher (but try to get somewhat less hot than mine ;) :D).

You could try google, but unless you know some basics (specially since you come from non-slavic country), I am afraid everything will be in vain (and it's not your fault btw).

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Comedy Russian spelling with Latin letters is my speciality :shades::D

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Alan, you spell that in Latin letters then :D

What is your name? - как тебя зовут?
where do you live? - где ты живешь?
Where did you born? - где ты родился?
What is your work? - где/кем ты работаешь
what is your age? - сколько тебе лет?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ginger_ale said:
Alan, you spell that in Latin letters then :D

What is your name? - как тебя зовут?
where do you live? - где ты живешь?
Where did you born? - где ты родился?
What is your work? - где/кем ты работаешь
what is your age? - сколько тебе лет?
Tk Ginger!:thumbsup:

So the spelling is this way?

kak tebya zovut?
gde ty zhiveshy?
gde ty rodilsya?
gde/kem ty rabotaeshy
skol(y)ko tebe let?

Ginger i have a doubt,it is zhiveshy or J(G)hivesky?....and if i pronouce Zhi can a russian understand it?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Julia said:
wow, kleber wants to learn Russian? :eek::D

Best of luck :scared::D
Well i don't think i will have problems with the spelling,i know russian alphabet.So i will know very quickly the overall and commomn questions and responses............

The problem will be to make phrases.I guess for that i need a prof teacher.

Btw,now the numbers

Zero to 50,please?or maybe till ten and then 20,30,40,50 and 100,adeed also 1000!:pp

Well also some words.....computer,beach,book,bar,car,motorcycle,restaurant,disco,music,house,roads,television,radio
Well i think it is enough for now!:D ...well i will like to know the colours also,tk.

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
kleber said:
Well i don't think i will have problems with the spelling,i know russian alphabet.So i will know very quickly the overall and commomn questions and responses............

The problem will be to make phrases.I guess for that i need a prof teacher.

Btw,now the numbers

Zero to 50,please?or maybe till ten and then 20,30,40,50 and 100,adeed also 1000!:pp

Well also some words.....computer,beach,book,bar,car,motorcycle,restaurant,disco,music,house,roads,television,radio
Well i think it is enough for now!:D ...well i will like to know the colours also,tk.
:howler: Ever considered just buying a dictionary instead of asking a million of questions? A grammar book would be helpful too if you want to learn how to build phrases :D But I really doubt that two books alone would be enough to be honest :D Learning a language isn't THAT easy, unfortunately :sob:

www.multitran.ru - you can find any word you want here :D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Julia said:
:howler: Ever considered just buying a dictionary instead of asking a million of questions? A grammar book would be helpful too if you want to learn how to build phrases :D But I really doubt that two books alone would be enough to be honest :D Learning a language isn't THAT easy, unfortunately :sob:

www.multitran.ru - you can find any word you want here :D
You are not like Ginger.:moan:

Also my doubts keep staying......how i spell tbi(ty),what about Ix(what is the translation?KH in english?...in portuguese x is q.in english x goes kh right?so i do i spell ik,the k is forgotten?...what a mess my head is.learn russian is difficult..i need a prof.:undecide: :pp

also russian alphabet have 33 letters,portuguese 23....

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
kleber said:
You are not like Ginger.:moan:
well it'd be boring if we were all the same I guess :D
You know a story about a wise man who was asked to give food by some hungry people? :D He didn't give them food... He taught them how to catch fish :D. Now they don't need to ask him for help every time they get hungry, they can get food themselves. Same here :D

Also my doubts keep staying......how i spell tbi(ty),what about Ix(what is the translation?KH in english?...in portuguese x is q.in english x goes kh right?so i do i spell ik,the k is forgotten?...what a mess my head is.learn russian is difficult..i need a prof.:undecide: :pp
You want to know how I'd spell it with Russian letters or what? If with English, then ty is spelled just like you spelled it :confused: And их is spelled ikh in English.

The best way to avoid (or to lessen :D) a mess is to get a teacher indeed :thmbup::D
also russian alphabet have 33 letters,portuguese 23....
well, you're lucky you're not trying to learn Japanese I guess. Then you'd be in real trouble :D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you russians spell ty ty and ik ikh?:confused:

btw Sun is grety na solntse?:confused: ,beach-plyazh?

btw can you post the numbers till ten starting with zero.tk?i have some doubts in the three,is not Tri in that translator?:confused:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bt isn't paka good bye?:confused:

And how dio i spell Poshalsta?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Here's 1 to 10 in my comedy Latin spelling :shades:

Nol
Adeen
Dva
Tree
Chyetirye
Pyat'
Shest'
Syem'
Vosyem'
Dyevyat
Dyesyat

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
kleber said:
So you russians spell ty ty and ik ikh?:confused:

btw Sun is grety na solntse?:confused: ,beach-plyazh?

btw can you post the numbers till ten starting with zero.tk?i have some doubts in the three,is not Tri in that translator?:confused:
We Russians spell it ты and их :googly:

Sun is just solntse. Beach = plyazh. But what about using a dictionary for a change? The link I gave you is NOT a translator btw. It's a dictionary.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts