Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dutch striker is "very close" to signing for Madrid, according to the FIFA agent Vincenzo Morabito. Negotiations are under way which have a good chance to be concluded positively.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1130944.html

Name: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Position: Striker
Born: 12/8/1983 (24 years old)
Height: 186 cm.
Weight: 78 kg.
Ajax contract expires: 30-06-2010

------------------------------

Bernd Schuster
; "This lad is very similar to Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Marco Van Basten. He is a spitting image of them. It seems that they have made a clone in a laboratory.

"He has qualities of Van Nistelrooy and Van Basten. He moves in a similar way, is tall, shoots with two feet, does well in the air and is a good goalscorer.

"As well as that, these guys have a good schooling, learn things easily and are good professionals. This gives some security when signing them.

"Here he will not score 30 goals a season like there, but maybe he will score five less
."

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Benzema is going nowhere until next summer. Valencia want 40M for David Villa.

I don't have a problem with Huntelaar, in fact I think he's ace.

The Oranje revolution continues.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Meh, I am not a keen admirer . . . Oh well.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Repent, yer sinners.
well Mo he isnt gonna start at all. better players have failed to drop raul and ruud to the bench, even temporarily.

maybe next summer ill be more excited at the thought of having him in our squad.

although one thing i like about this signing, is that saviola and batpista are surely departing. and i dont care that baptista reckons hes staying, hes a goner.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Meh, I am not a keen admirer . . . Oh well.

I felt the very same way about RVN & didnt want him near my club and boy I was WRONG!!!!

I will keep my mouth shut and my mind open and let the actions & qualities of the player speak for them selves

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
If he didn't play for Ajax with the history they have of producing strikers there wouldn't be half of the hype about him. Can't argue against his scoring record but the Dutch league is weak. Far from a complete striker.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
So this guy will take over from Ruud when you buy Benzema next season.

So this season RVN + Klaas
Next season Benzema + Klaas

Real Madrid have this shit on lock.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I'd welcome him with open arms . :pp

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
He likes his bicycle kicks, wonder what his ratio is for attempts v goals? ;)

I dont really know him so I hope he is good if we sign him. He must be improvement over Saviola though.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Hmm.. He's turning 25, not that young really and when you think that Benzema who is 5 years younger is better NOW, imagine how good he is in 5 years time.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind this transfer ONLY and ONLY if it means we're also signing Benzema next summer. If its either Huntelaar or Benzema then sorry I'd rather wait a year with Raul, Ruud, Saviola/Soldado and Higuain as our strikers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Agree wit Real Madrid. Benzema is more class, he just runs past players, reminds me of a certain young fatfree Ronaldo. Wouldn't mind Klaas, he's a decent signing, certainly an improvement over Saviola. But don't forget that he didn't make it at PSV, so it can go both ways.

So Benzema is a must. Villa and Benzema are technically gifted, something Klaas would never have. Actually the reason why PSV got rid of him in the first place was because he was technically inadequate for them.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I have a feeling Huntelaar will be our Gilardino... a striker who supposed to be awesome and turned out to be a failure.

He's not even that young and his team constantly fails in the Dutch league and in the CL qualifiers. They failed against teams like Slavia Prague and FC Copenhagen... Just shows you their true level.

The 33 goals tally doesn't impress me, just see the stats

2000-01 Mateja Kežman 24 PSV
2001-02 Pierre van Hooijdonk 24 Feyenoord
2002-03 Mateja Kežman 35 PSV
2003-04 Mateja Kežman 31 PSV
2004-05 Dirk Kuijt 29 Feyenoord
2005-06 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 33 Ajax
2006-07 Afonso Alves 34 sc Heerenveen
2007-08 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 33 Ajax

Kuijt, Alves and Kezman didn't prove themselves in the big leagues in terms of scoring...

It will be a waste of money, we should just hold on one season and get Benzema.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
The thing is we need strikers now and waiting one more season for something that might not happen may not be a good idea... we cant stand still in other words.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Agree wit Real Madrid. Benzema is more class, he just runs past players, reminds me of a certain young fatfree Ronaldo. Wouldn't mind Klaas, he's a decent signing, certainly an improvement over Saviola. But don't forget that he didn't make it at PSV, so it can go both ways.

So Benzema is a must. Villa and Benzema are technically gifted, something Klaas would never have. Actually the reason why PSV got rid of him in the first place was because he was technically inadequate for them.
Dude,

He never played at PSV and Huntelaar is also technically very adequate.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Kuijt, Alves and Kezman didn't prove themselves in the big leagues in terms of scoring...
Alves has only just moved. Just look at what he did against Man U.

But as for Huntelaar, it's hard to say. Ajax have been playing so crap this season yet he's still banged in so many this season. Dirk Kuijt had Salomon Kalou as his main supplier and Kezman had an outstanding Robben & a better than now Rommedahl back then.

Looking at Huntelaar individually, I'd have to say Ruud simply is a better player. Technically too but Huntelaar does have this knack of scoring goals and he is better than Ruud in the air. When it comes down to it, I think Huntelaar is the type of player who will be a star in the Dutch, Turkish, Portuguese league like van Hooijdonk but when it comes to the top leagues, he'll be an alsoround. He lacks mobility too. Still not a bad player like Kezman (who many close watchers of the eredivisie predicted would flop badly )but no elite striker either

1 - 20 of 402 Posts