Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinnear quits as Nottingham Forest manager
Thu 16 Dec, 1:57 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Joe Kinnear has resigned as manager of Nottingham Forest, the English second division club says.

The former Wimbledon boss, who only took over in February, has stepped down with the club third from bottom of the table and in the relegation zone. Assistant manager Mick Harford has been put in temporary charge.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I feel that it is in the best interests of the club that I resign and give my successor the chance to turn things around with half the season left," Kinnear said in a statement on Forest's website on Thursday.

"I was brought in last season to save the club from relegation, which I did, but feel the time is now right to give someone else a chance."

The former Tottenham Hotspur and Ireland defender succeeded Paul Hart at the City Ground this year with Forest near the foot of the second division table and he led them to a 14th-place finish.

Forest, European champions in 1979 and 1980, have struggled again this season, however, winning just four of their 23 league matches.

The club have been in decline since European Cup-winning manager Brian Clough, who died this year, retired in 1993.

Kinnear's biggest managerial achievement was keeping Wimbledon in the top half of the Premier League consistently in the nineties.

He suffered a heart attack during a league match against Sheffield Wednesday, effectively ending his reign at Wimbledon, but he made a full recovery and managed Luton Town before joining Forest.

Ive wanted this from day 1, problem is, I dont know who we will get now!!!!

Strachan would be great but I dont think he would want to drop down and its too far north!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
now, will this news bring Andy Reid closer to Spurs?? :nasty: :D

As for the replacement, maybe someone like Nigel Clough or Stuart Pearce would do good!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Wally said:
now, will this news bring Andy Reid closer to Spurs?? :nasty: :D

As for the replacement, maybe someone like Nigel Clough or Stuart Pearce would do good!
Reid got to go somewhere, if not spurs then somewhere else, otherwise he will be playing League 1 football next season.

as for manager, i vote for cloughie jr.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Megson would be a good shout!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
You can keep your dirty hands of Nigel, he's going nowhere!!!!

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Kinnear's saying some Forest fans are 'vindictive' hmmm... he obviously doesn't know how many Luton supporters were planning a little chat with him after he tried to tap up Howard and Brkovic recently.
I'm glad Kinnear's gone, forest deserves better than that flabby-arsed plank

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Attila_the_Nun said:
Kinnear's saying some Forest fans are 'vindictive' hmmm... he obviously doesn't know how many Luton supporters were planning a little chat with him after he tried to tap up Howard and Brkovic recently.
I'm glad Kinnear's gone, forest deserves better than that flabby-arsed plank
Yeah, I heard him moaning about the Forest fans on Five live. He also said how we like to live in the past (what did he expect when we had fat joe running our team at the bottom of the Champ!!). Glad to see that fat basta*d go!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I heard that interview to nico,

I feel sorry for the guy, its going to be hard for any manager to sort out that team when the fans dont even care.

If Joe went to a decent club i think he could make a good go at it. Joe for pompy?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
SegaRossi said:
I heard that interview to nico,

I feel sorry for the guy, its going to be hard for any manager to sort out that team when the fans dont even care.

If Joe went to a decent club i think he could make a good go at it. Joe for pompy?
:D:D:D

Forest fans are right mardy c****, and I'm not just saying that cus I'm a Derby fan, as their are many Derby fans who also live in the past like Forest fans do.

Also every Forest fan I've come across in life or through the computer seems to have serious anger management problems, mostly due to the state of things down at the Sh**y ground.

You had done nothing before Cloughie came (bar 1 FA Cup..i think) and have done nothing since he retired.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
jimbo jones said:
:D:D:D

You had done nothing before Cloughie came (bar 1 FA Cup..i think) and have done nothing since he retired.
that's why i want cloughie jr. :)

also i think we won the cup twice, once in the nineteenth century. (2005-06 we will win the League 1 title).

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
bartle said:
that's why i want cloughie jr. :)

also i think we won the cup twice, once in the nineteenth century. (2005-06 we will win the League 1 title).
My mistake 2 FA Cup wins, 1898 & 1959.

You also won the Simod/Zenith data systems cup in 1989 & 1992..... so what the f*** is that?

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
jimbo jones said:
You also won the Simod/Zenith data systems cup in 1989 & 1992..... so what the f*** is that?
Isn't that the old name of the LDV vans trophy? :D

Those were the days :proud: when you also had the Anglo-Italian Cup too :D

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Wally said:
Those were the days :proud: when you also had the Anglo-Italian Cup too :D
Leave it alone!!! :nasty:
What other tournament sees Luton play in Sampdoria's ground and being refereed by Per-luigi Collina? :cool:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Ha ha, we went all the way to the final of the anglo italian one year, lost, but still, I wish they still did I was just a young boy back in those days, I would love a trip over to Italy to watch Derby play, and I don't have high hopes of doing it through the Uefa Cup.... they should bring back that legendary tournament, why was it scrapped anyway??

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
jimbo jones said:
I would love a trip over to Italy to watch Derby play, and I don't have high hopes of doing it through the Uefa Cup....
ja, u are right. :) by the time derby reaches the uefa cup again, u, me and nico will be playin five a side up in heaven. :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
bartle said:
ja, u are right. :) by the time derby reaches the uefa cup again, u, me and nico will be playin five a side up in heaven. :)
at least we've got more chance at the minute, than you lot :)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
jimbo jones said:
at least we've got more chance at the minute, than you lot :)
ja, got to agree. at least the departure of kinnear is a step in the positive direction for us.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
bartle said:
ja, got to agree. at least the departure of kinnear is a step in the positive direction for us.
That depends on who you get in for the job.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jimbo jones said:
That depends on who you get in for the job.
Looks like Mick Harford is staying for a while!!

Did anyone see that sh*t against Leicester? We were lucky to get the draw imo.

We seriously need some better players!

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh and Jimbo, past glories or not......

2 x EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS BACK TO BACK.

Cant see Derby acheiving anything remotely close to that mate!:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts