Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the boys from sacramento be stopped?

is there a less selfish team then the kings?

and lets not even mention webber is missing?

i cant see them being stopped this year, peja improves every week, bibby has regained form of the 2002 playoffs, miller helps out vlade by reducing his minutes and keepign him fresh, and bobby jackson is such a clutch 6th man.

the mav's dont really stand a chance as this kings team would light them up

LA we have to see how they will recover from injuries

Spurs are god awful, not only that but the team is weaker the last year.

·
Registered
307 Posts
im still going with the lakers, but this year its a little more intresting, even the east is looking really competitive with teams like indiana and detroit who have legitimate chances. in the west theres a handful of teams including lakers, kings, spurs, t-wolves.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
The only thing that concerns me is what will happen when C-Webb gets back.. They seem to be in better flow without him and everyone gets much more involved..Whereas with Webber, its always the same routine - Give him the ball downlow, and let him put up 20 + shots on his own..While the rest of the players just stand around and stare at him.. He is going to have to adjust to the team now, ecspecially when it comes to giving Peja more touches..

Do you think that Webber would recognize that he isn't the number one option on offense anymore? We'll see I guess.. No question with him the Kings will be a much better rebounding and defensive team, but I'm worried as to what will happen on the offensive end.

To me its going to be as always very tight in the West.. Kings, Spurs, Lakers and T-Wolves (concern there is though when Szerbiak and Olowakandi come back, will they still be in rhythm ? Szerbiak is going to have to accept that he is the Steve Kerr of the T-Wolves, and not a star) are among the favourites..

Although to tell you the truth, the Spurs actually don't scare me as much.. Its obvious that missing Robinson is huge, along with the lose of Stephen Jackson.. They have become much younger and inexperienced and even more of a one man team..

And who knows if the Mavs get it together, with their offensive firepower, they can outscore anybody, as long as they learn to play some defense..

Personally, I think it will come down to the Kings and Lakers for the championship.. As long as the Kings get home court throughout, I'm confident this year we will finally knock them out :)

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
hehe, well lets not get too ahead of ourselves now ;) I don't think he can be given that label just yet.. If he continues to be this consistent for a number of years, then you could make an argument for him.. He is though certainly the best shooter right now in the NBA, no doubt.

BTW, the Kings play the Blazers tonight at 10:00 pm est in Arco.. Should be an exciting game :)

Also, good idea for the thread Lav.. A topic like this should have been started a while ago..Oh well, better sooner than later :)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Kiyan said:
It's still too early to predict, they look awesome though.
Peja is the best shooter in nba history, period.

what are u smoking:eek:

Kings will loose to the Lakers..in the playoffs
Again:yuck:

I hope not:groan:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Well it was an exciting game - unfortunately not the outcome we were looking for..When the Blazers lost the 10 point lead with one minute to go, and Brad Miller of all people made the three point shot with 5 seconds left to take this game to overtime, I thought the Kings were destined to win this game..Rasheed even got ejected early in OT, Kings took the lead early but it all went downhill from there.. And I suggest to Derek Anderson that he immediately buy himself a lottery ticket tonight, 'cause after the types of shots he made tonight, IT MUST be his lucky night.. :rolleyes:

Can't win them all I suppose :(

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sometimes i think we get bored and dont play :groan:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Kiyan said:
About Peja not being the best shooter ever?

Here

Some averige NBA are/were better than him

Hubert Davis
Reggie Miller(younger days)
Dan Majerle
Eddie Johnson

Shall I go on

:howler:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
fine:D :groan:

He is the best pure shooter in the NBA , now;)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
Here

Some averige NBA are/were better than him

Hubert Davis
Reggie Miller(younger days)
Dan Majerle
Eddie Johnson

Shall I go on

:howler:
Yes ... Hubert Davis is a better shooter than Peja, that's why he's had such a wonderful career in the NBA.

Dan Majerle ? Eddie Johnson ? Pass the pipe bro.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts