Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
His numbers and years speak for themselves. But look at the physical shape he is in at 38. Considering the injuries he's suffered, it's a miracle. Pure class. Among the all-time greats.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Top class but that's pretty obvious and does not require an opinion or an argument anyhow...

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Dunno about that tbh.

Considering his lack of ambition to prove himself at a big club, where he could regularly competing for the highest honours and play with and against the very best, i think its hard to really rank him.

Obviously a very gifted player, but reality is that he played it safe his entire career staying a 2nd rate club where everyone adored him and he could do and say whatever the **** he wanted.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you could win an award for being classless, he'd sweep it every year.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
One of the best ever probably very similar to what tone said top ten Serie a player,top five Italian player:thumbsup::proud:.

·
Administrator
52,180 Posts
IMO top10 serie A player, top3 Italian player.
What he said.

Lets forget his 200+ goals for a sec, whats most amazing about him is this:

eZUjZRJQLF8

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
not even the best of his generation.

pirlo/buffon/nesta are all greater. probably fabio and del piero as well.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
As a spitter he is 1#, no contest.
:thumbsup:

also great at kicking players in the back and using racial slurs.
totti's class!:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Your post confirms to me that you're suffering from your club's declining status while watching Roma's clear and present rising status. I understand. Jealousy is a hard pill to swallow. Some simply can't stand seeing Romanisti happy and winning. That makes you a hater and a troll. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
what are you talking about. frankie's fabulous, just not the best of this generation. sorry if i don't agree with primo.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Hard not to be a "fanboy" here but I say top 5. Del Piero is lucky if he gets in top 10. Although I do feel sorry for DP...got shipped out of his club that he played with for so many years and plays in the Indian Premier League now. Nesta...no chance.

Buffon and Pirlo stand out more on team accomplishments. Pirlo not a top 5 though.

Best Italian player I ever saw play either live or in my lifetime though. (I'm not going to pretend I know Italian football pre 1985 ) and I've seen a shit load of games here.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
not sure why there has to be comparisons with others players like Pirlo, buffon, nesta and even del piero. they are all great players in their own right. Totti staying at roma has limited what he was able to achieve on the big stage in Europe though, and thatis something that other names mentioned already have been great at...domestic and European success, personal and at club level. but then again, must admire totti for staying at roma, he would have had plenty of offers elsewhere.

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
It's hard to call someone who only won 1 Scudetto one of the best Italian players of all time or of Serie A.

That's because Roma was a smaller stage than one of the top Italian or European clubs, and it's always easier to shine there than have to play among players equal to your caliber or potentially better.

I respect his skills and his talent, i just think with the career he has had, it's difficult to put him on the same level as Buffon, Pirlo, Nesta, etc.

Having said that, i think he had what it took to be a star at a big club, and had he left i think he would've won at least a ballon d'or once. Lord knows how many Scudetti if he went to one of the big 3, and at least 1 CL if not more.

But i guess we'll never know, he sort of took the easy path by staying in Roma and we'll never really know if he had the capacity to be a real star.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts