Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 753 Posts

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this idea for quite a long time now but could never start a new thread :wallbang: I know it's just one of the post-number-boosting tricks but still imo it can be fun :D I've seen it somewhere here already so I don't want to copy that thing competely; besides, I guess you all are too big music fans and it would be too easy for you just to try and find a song title starting with a certain letter ;). Maybe it would be a bit harder if the task was to find a song title with certain word (not necessarily the last word of the previous title). Naturally, it means that song titles consisting of one word can't be mentioned, while songs with long titles are more than welcome :)

Like for example:

I say: "Quit playing games (with my heart)" by Backstreet Boys (yeah, come on, feel free to laugh at my examples :rollani::pp)
You can name any song title containing any of these words.
I choose 'my' and say: "My prerogative" by Britney Spears

(... hope all vomiturition has been successfully suppressed by now and I can continue :angel: )

then, I honestly doubt anybody else ever sang about prerogative so the next person can use the word 'my' again:D

well, hope you get the basic idea (it's not too difficult, is it?:D) and we can get it started. Not sure if it actually will work but I guess it's worth trying :)

and some more things:
- the only language of this game is English (saying it just in case, it must be clear enough:D)
- avoid mentioning songs that have already been mentioned by somebody else. We know music better than that, don't we? ;):lala:

and I also suggest that if nobody can find a song with given words for a certain period of time (let it be 48h), anybody else is free to suggest a new song.

so, the opening song is

"First Day Of My Life" by The Rasmus
imo, a very easy one to start with :D

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
"A Day in the Life" by the Beatles

Julia said:
I say: "Quit playing games (with my heart)" by Backstreet Boys (yeah, come on, feel free to laugh at my examples :rollani::pp)
You can name any song title containing any of these words.
I choose 'my' and say: "My prerogative" by Britney Spears
:eekani:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Tougher Than The Rest by Bruce Springsteen...:D

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn that's difficult :wallbang: (dont want to use either the or than...) guess we should introduce one more rule, like it's allowed to use 'tough' instead of 'tougher' and 'sing' instead of 'sings' etc. will it be ok?

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Ok, use sing instead of sing please...:D

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Jealous Guy by John Lennon...:D

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol all possible kinds of guys now... :D

Every Guy by Take That

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Every Breath You Take by Police

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
By A-1 and not A-ha??

Roll Me Away by Bob Seger. :)

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn u r quick :eek:

cos I like the A-1 version more :D

Can't Stop Me by the Rasmus (tried to find smth with 'away' but couldnt :eek:)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Don't stop me now by Queen...this turns out a match current radio charts versus Classic Rock..:D:D:D

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:D and my side's gonna lose soon cos I am giving up :howler::D

Don't Wanna Lose You Now by BSB

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Don't lose your head by Queen...:D

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Back in Your Arms by Bruce

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back to your heart by BSB

(BSB have just beaten Queen btw :pp:D:D)

1 - 20 of 753 Posts