Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kill Bill Vol. 2

What are your expectations for the Vol. 2
Cant wait.
:cool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Loved the first one and has great expectations, but I'm not happy with Elle Driver being number 4 on the death list. O Ren Ishii and her gang was so cool, I wish she was left...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
Since it was essentially one movie, and was only split for marketing reasons....I expect we'll get a glorious continuation... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,961 Posts
Tinto said:
Since it was essentially one movie, and was only split for marketing reasons....I expect we'll get a glorious continuation... ;)
It was split for artistic reasons, not marketing reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
Oh, what was the artistic reason? Tarantino wrote it as one movie.

Everything I've read has said the studio was nervous about releasing a 3 hour movie, thinking only hard core Tarantino fans would want to sit through it.

They split it in two, and then delayed release until after the Christmas season in order to avoid competing with the onslaught of other releases during that season. That's marketing.
 

·
Fine Gentlemen
Joined
·
15,599 Posts
I'm looking forward to it...:)

Hope it is better then the first...statistics for sequels say otherwise...:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,395 Posts
Vol 1 was boring indeed! Tarantino better change, or he wil be soon gone. Same old stuff, same shit, same tricks. It aint funny anymore. The Dogs and Pulp Fiction were brilliant, new, modern, weird, greatly shot ... thsi is just a bad bad cover version. Zero, from a cinema point of you. Not bad as entertainment. Not sure gonna see Vol.2
 

·
Fine Gentlemen
Joined
·
15,599 Posts
bono said:
Vol 1 was boring indeed! Tarantino better change, or he wil be soon gone. Same old stuff, same shit, same tricks. It aint funny anymore. The Dogs and Pulp Fiction were brilliant, new, modern, weird, greatly shot ... thsi is just a bad bad cover version. Zero, from a cinema point of you. Not bad as entertainment. Not sure gonna see Vol.2
It wasn't suppose to be the new pulp fiction nor any other Tarantino film...:)

I didn't for one second think the film would be a master piece...

Unfortunetly for Tarantino every work he makes now get compared to his past work, why can't his work be seen as going in a new direction or stand on it's own, without people, saying his new stuff is crap because it hasn't lived up to the legendary standard he produced in the past? I didn't see anything he has done before in his other films in Kill Bill.

I saw it as a turning point in the direction he wants to go...he has been experimenting and just wants to have fun with his work...without having to be stressed about all the Tarantino nerds who follow his work, (I'm one of them:D) saying but it's not "Pulp Fiction" or "Reservoir Dogs" as some of us have been, not me I love the guys films. Yes even Jackie Brown...;) :D

Unjustified criticism will continue to be thrown at him.:( The guy earned his legendary directors badge too soon, that he now has to live up to it with anything he does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,395 Posts
I love Jackie ... seriously! For once, he showed he can make a great movie/story telling from an extremely bannal and not interesting script. I think it was a great movie.

KB is sth else - I didnt see a single bit of novelty, at times he looked like being totaly lost in there and the split in Vol 1 and 2 proves it. IF he enjoys himslef - fine. I got bored, wasnt even funny. Even the dialogue was close to poor.

imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
It is said that volume 2 will be less "Hong-Kong action" and more "Spaghetti western". But still it's the same story of revenge. I have no idea how Tarantino will achive this. Probably by shooting the second in a differnt way. Therefor, he musthave planned the splitting ahead ofthe release, and it's not a decision of the studio.
 

·
Fine Gentlemen
Joined
·
15,599 Posts
Yeah but wasn't it originally 1 whole film and then he was told to split it into 2? At least this is what I read and heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
GaGa said:
Yeah but wasn't it originally 1 whole film and then he was told to split it into 2? At least this is what I read and heard.
Maybe this was the case, I'm not really sure you see. But maybe it was a good idea since I don't think the average movie goer would stand watching decapitations for 4 hours straight. Am I right?:rolleyes:

I would though, I love when heads are flying!:D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
I havent seen the first one but heard great stuff about it. WIll probably see it.
 

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
I'd have loved for Kill Bill to have been 1 movie, you are talking to someone who thought the LOTR movies were too damned short:D

I like getting better value for money after all:)

I'll certainly be planning to watch this movie, it is sure to be a cracker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Kill Bill is a movie that doesn't want dialogs. That is the point of kung fu movies. The point is to make regural points interesting beacouse they will be followed by an action sequence, that will be even faster and more dangerous that anyone has thought possible from the beggining of the scene.

Tarantino was just not doing a dialog film. Not even a foreign or musical film. Just a kung fu feminist movie (;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,570 Posts
I personally did not like much Vol. 1, however, for the sake of culture I will see Vol 2.

PS: No offence, but I do not see why you people and many out there think Tarantino is so great. I so an interview of him at Conan O'Brian, the guy is a freak! I think people say they like Tarantino to be cool. Opinions.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,395 Posts
For me Tarantino is great (not great great, but still) as a Director. After Pulp Fiction, basically, he is one in my top list of American Directors ( th real top 10 list would hardly have an American in, unless if you consider Hichcock or Chalin Americans to certain extend). Pulp Fiction was a break thru and big light in the tunnel of Holwood movies from the late 80s and early 90s. Just superb ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
I personally did not like much Vol. 1, however, for the sake of culture I will see Vol 2.

PS: No offence, but I do not see why you people and many out there think Tarantino is so great. I so an interview of him at Conan O'Brian, the guy is a freak! I think people say they like Tarantino to be cool. Opinions.:)
Non offence taken either.;) I think Tarantino is great at writing dialogues and stories. So I admire him as a writer. And the way he directs I can't really talk about because I've never seen him working, but the result is always great.

I don't say this to be cool, I say it because I enjoy the kind of films he's making. His funny, violent black comedies is just like the movies I want to make, and the screenplays that I write.

And the fact that he is a freak just makes the whole thing even better.:D

I admit however that I don't like Kill Bill as much as his other films, simply because the dialogue bit that I love so much, isn't there.
 

·
XCC Winner 2001
Joined
·
4,440 Posts
GaGa said:
It wasn't suppose to be the new pulp fiction nor any other Tarantino film...:)

I didn't for one second think the film would be a master piece...

Unfortunetly for Tarantino every work he makes now get compared to his past work, why can't his work be seen as going in a new direction or stand on it's own, without people, saying his new stuff is crap because it hasn't lived up to the legendary standard he produced in the past? I didn't see anything he has done before in his other films in Kill Bill.

I saw it as a turning point in the direction he wants to go...he has been experimenting and just wants to have fun with his work...without having to be stressed about all the Tarantino nerds who follow his work, (I'm one of them:D) saying but it's not "Pulp Fiction" or "Reservoir Dogs" as some of us have been, not me I love the guys films. Yes even Jackie Brown...;) :D

Unjustified criticism will continue to be thrown at him.:( The guy earned his legendary directors badge too soon, that he now has to live up to it with anything he does.
:thumbsup:


ItalianBoy said:
I think people say they like Tarantino to be cool. Opinions.:)
Oh my God, what kind of comment is this!? :rolleyes:


Anyways, the movie has been postponed with a couple of months.... :(

I keep thinking that this movie ends that Uma Thurman gets a visit from that daughter of Vivica A Fox and that Uma get's killed. And perhaps that Uma's daughter takes revenge for that and kills that daughter of Vivica A Fox aswell
:D
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top