1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Soccernet

Robson winning the race for Spaniard Kiko
By John Richardson
EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle boss Bobby Robson is closing in on Spain and Atletico Madrid star Kiko in an ambitious £4.5million deal.

Kiko, a powerfully-built 28-year-old striker, is anxious to move to the Premiership and Robson has stolen a march on north-east rivals Middlesbrough by holding talks in Paris with the player's advisors.

Atletico have been relegated from the Primera Liga and are being forced to sell off their big-name players to clear massive debts.

Newcastle, who are anxious to augment the striking partnership of Alan Shearer and Duncan Ferguson, have moved in with an offer which has been accepted by the Spaniards.

If the deal goes through, doubts could arise over the long-term future of the muscular Fergsuon, built in a similar mould to Kiko. Although he and Robson appeared to have a good working relationship as the former England boss revived Newcastle's fortunes, the player was again hit by injury towards the end of the season.

The Geordies are putting together a financial package including a four-year contract worth £25,000 a week.

Another Spanish side, Celta Vigo, are prepared to pay Newcastle £1.5m for Croatia international Silvio Maric, who cost the club £3.6m only 15 months ago

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I can't believe that Maric has not played more games tha he has. He promised so much when he came but has turned out to be a big flop.
Also, I've said it once and I'll say it again, give Goma and Marcellino a chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts