Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that it looks like Kieron is out of the World Cup. Its one thing to have a long-term injury in a WC Season, but to overcome that, get injured again, recover and even get into the squad... and then get injured... :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
Gerrard could be out as well, if he needs surgery. That means most of England's midfield could be out.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I really feel for you guys. I'm a big Argentina fan but nonetheless, this really is a terrible blow. Gerrard and Dyer are excellent players and it's a sad loss for England and the WC spectacle if they miss out. Look. England has depth so I'm sure Ericksson will make some smart decisions.

Looks like Murphy will be going, he was unlucky to initially be on standby. I rate him highly. I look forward to June 7th...

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Dyer will miss out I think. A bad challenge by El Khalej(?), and Strachan said as much yesterday on "Goals on Sunday"

Its terrible news for him, and not too good for England.

But losing Gerrard would be almost catastrophic, as he is one of the top 3 passers of the ball in the Prem and in the England team.

:(

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I'm sick for Dyer as I think he has incredible ability and potential. The tackle was an absolute stinker. Looking back at the furore over the tackle that led to Beckhams foot injury it was like a slap on the wrist compared to this assault.:fero:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts