Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
65,200 Posts
Just watched it, had to wait till 10:30 over here to do so. Khabib almost goofed there with the guillotine, lucky Porter or whatever the fvck his name is didn't have full guard.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Who can beat him?

Dima, r u a fan of Khabib?
The Tony Ferguson fight needs to happen, they're the two best Lightweights in the world and we can't say for sure until they face each other. It's hard to bet against Khabib, but Tony has a way of dragging fights into absolute chaos and he's incredibly violent. Hopefully if the UFC books it again they'll make it to the cage this time.

Outside Tony, I only really think Gregor Gillespie has a chance at LW, simply because he's the only LW who might be able to resist Khabib's takedowns and take him down himself. He needs a fight against a top 5 guy before he's ready, though.

If he moves up to WW to chase a GSP fight and to give Makhachev a chance to challenge for the LW title (as they'll never fight) , then things get interesting.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
The Tony Ferguson fight needs to happen, they're the two best Lightweights in the world and we can't say for sure until they face each other. It's hard to bet against Khabib, but Tony has a way of dragging fights into absolute chaos and he's incredibly violent. Hopefully if the UFC books it again they'll make it to the cage this time.

Outside Tony, I only really think Gregor Gillespie has a chance at LW, simply because he's the only LW who might be able to resist Khabib's takedowns and take him down himself. He needs a fight against a top 5 guy before he's ready, though.

If he moves up to WW to chase a GSP fight and to give Makhachev a chance to challenge for the LW title (as they'll never fight) , then things get interesting.
Why not Gaethje? He's a far better striker and even though he doesn't uses grappling much, he was a NCAA Division I All-American wrestler. I would honestly see Gaethje the favorite.

Also, Khabib would never go to WW. Guys like GSP, Woodley, Usman are way too much for him. He might wait a bit until the George gets old and rusty (already is tbf) but that's it.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Gaethje is quite possibly my favourite fighter, he would be #3 on my list of potential Khabib problems, but I think Khabib would ultimately drown him. His wrestling is excellent, but I think you need wrestling on the level of Gillespie to stop Khabib and he doesn't really have anything off his back to threaten Khabib with, which is a big factor in Ferguson having a chance.

His immense cardio and forward pressure could give him somewhat of a chance, he's probably the LW who's least likely to get bullied up against the cage. I'd give him a 25% chance personally, which is about the same as I gave Dustin.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why not Gaethje? He's a far better striker and even though he doesn't uses grappling much, he was a NCAA Division I All-American wrestler. I would honestly see Gaethje the favorite.

Also, Khabib would never go to WW. Guys like GSP, Woodley, Usman are way too much for him. He might wait a bit until the George gets old and rusty (already is tbf) but that's it.
He and GSP already expressed their want for the match but Dana axed the idea. GSP is more important for legacy anyway.

Agree on Gaethje tho. He and Tony are the only two that have chance. But don't see that fight happening.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
GSP for legacy at this point could backfire imo, If he wins then everyone will just point to the fact that he beat a guy who's only fought once in the past 6 years, if he loses, then he loses to the same guy.

Ferguson is the legacy fight. The guy is on a 12 fight winning streak against the likes of Cowboy, Pettis, Dos Anjos, Lee, Barboza and Thomson.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
Gaethje is quite possibly my favourite fighter, he would be #3 on my list of potential Khabib problems, but I think Khabib would ultimately drown him. His wrestling is excellent, but I think you need wrestling on the level of Gillespie to stop Khabib and he doesn't really have anything off his back to threaten Khabib with, which is a big factor in Ferguson having a chance.

His immense cardio and forward pressure could give him somewhat of a chance, he's probably the LW who's least likely to get bullied up against the cage. I'd give him a 25% chance personally, which is about the same as I gave Dustin.
Ferguson 25% chance? What the... :eek:

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
I forgot Charles Oliveira. Very bad idea to hug a guy like him on the ground all match long.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
I forgot Charles Oliveira. Very bad idea to hug a guy like him on the ground all match long.
I think that fight would look a lot like Makhachev Vs Ramos from last night. Charles is amazing on the ground, but he won't be able to get it there unless Khabib wants to, so Khabib would beat him on the feet, before following him to the ground when he's tired and they're both sweaty.

Imo of course.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Khabib v Ferguson needs to happen. We need to see how Khabib would fare against an opponent that doesn't mind going to ground and who is capable of attacking from underneath. Not only that, but Ferguson has the stamina to last.

Don't know who would win, but it needs to happen.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
He should fight McGregor for some easy money first, don't be noobs guys.
Fight fans would be very upset if he ducked Tony and went for the easy rematch.

Tony is a tricky match up for him, will be fun to watch IMO. We'll finally see if anything can stop this bulldozer.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
Fight fans would be very upset if he ducked Tony and went for the easy rematch.

Tony is a tricky match up for him, will be fun to watch IMO. We'll finally see if anything can stop this bulldozer.
There's still Gaethje.

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
I think either Otis Dozovic or Rusev could suplex him, put him in the camel clutch aka accolade, **** him in his ass and make him humble. There's apparently another -ic in NXT though not sure if he's legit or its a gimmick name :rastgele:

1 - 20 of 262 Posts