Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If he leaves the Jugo league so young he will end up like Ognjenovic. He needs to develop his talents first!!

M

·
0 Posts
I have heard that ROMA,FIORENTINA,BAYERN and MILAN have all offered Kezman about $24 million dollars.Spanish newspapers have also tipped Kezman as one of the players who will shine in Euro2000.What I am wondering is if this is all a bit much, now he is the best striker (in my opinion) in our league but would he even get a line-up spot or even a good 30 minutes a match in these clubs (I think not) and I'm not expecting Kezman to play even more then 45 minutes total in our Euro campaign.I hope I'm wrong and I hope he becomes a star but I think that at this point in his career there making to much of a big deal about him.

I got this from www.glas-javnosti.co.yu

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 08-04-2000).]

M

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing.Like RS Forever said, Savicevic stayed at Zvezda until he was 24 and he went to Milan and was one of the best and most loved players in Europe.In order for our players to be good they have to play until there at least 21 or 22.And in order for our teams to play good they have to play together for at least 3 seasons but in Jugoslavia every season about 6 new players come into Zvezda but Partizan does have more money so they can hold onto there players for an extra season or two.

G

·
0 Posts
Too late fallas, Kezman is of to Milan for next season...they offered him something like $14 million(US). And I'll make a bet that Boskovic will leave Red Star for a big club in Italy or Spain by the end of the season...

M

·
0 Posts
It is almost for certain that they will go but you never know they could surprise us.

M

·
0 Posts
The question isn't wheather Kezman wants to go this summer, but rather if Partizan (Bjekovic) wants to let him go (for huge money ofcourse).
It is definitely not Mateja's decision (he gets some say, but ultimately Partizan management will decide).

A lot of it will depend on Partizan's final position in the league standings. If they don't win the title I'm almost certain they will sell off the team, and start the rebuilding process over again.
On the other hand, even if they manage to win it, and if the transfer money for Kezman, Ivic and Ilic is as big as some media are reporting, they will again be very tempted to sell. But who knows, maybe they feel that Kezman, Ilic and Ivic will be worth even more next year, especially if they have a good run in Champs' League or UEFA Cup.

I personaly think they should keep them around for at least one more season, and go for Euro success (at least pass a winter break in either Champs'League/UEFA Cup).

By th way they sold Mladen Krstajic to Werder Bremen, but he is a bit "older" (at least 24) and this was probably his last chance to go abroad.

[This message has been edited by Mladen (edited 09-04-2000).]

M

·
0 Posts
Your absoloutly right Mladen and it looks like Partizan could finish second this year and that is bad but then again its easier to qualify for the uefa cup then the CL which zvezda might have to do, so Partizan could get some money even if they dont sell Kezman because for every point you get in European cup competition you get money so if they manage just to get to the Uefa cup they will be better off financialy.

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with Mladen...

If Partizan finnish this year second and qualify for the UEFA Cup, I think the European scavengers(big clubs) will buy away Iliev, Kezman, Ilic. But if they are champions, and make it to the CL, they will probobly keep their best players, and go for some europen succses :)...

Zvezda on the other hand have played most of the season without one of their players(Jelic) and Drulic also hasnt played much this season. So the big clubs wont really buy any players, exept maybee Boskovic...

BTW/ I hear that Lazetic(Obilic) will probobly go German club Hethra Berlin(sp?) next year.

M

·
0 Posts
If Partizan do qualify for the Uefa cup or Champions league I shall hope that the Managers will keep the good players for one more season and give them a run in European competition.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i would like to see Partizan in the Champions League to show the world we are on some sort of a come back.

Kezman must stay other wise his career might be in danger of collapsing.

Partizan could get more money out of him when he is a bit older to.

Kezman has stated that he wishes to play for Partizan longer but the money hungry managers might sell him any way!

M

·
0 Posts
The thing is Nick54, what a player says and what he wants isnt always the same thing.He says that he wants to stay in Partizan but when the big clubs start shaking those big buck in front of him you will see that he wont want to stay.

M

·
0 Posts
I think that these young players (and the clubs) love the money too much and let them go without really thinking about it...I agree TOTALLY that they should stay in our leage a bit and show them how it's done and then move onto the bigger and better...ie. Savicevic... :)

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
</A>

G

·
0 Posts
Mrs Stankovic, you've got the right idea, but as I've said before, how can you stop someone refusing millions of dollars to play for a big club in a beautiful country?

Or better yet, stay in Yugoslavia? :)

M

·
0 Posts
Yea, but do those money obsessed ***** even realise that they will be sitting on the bench for the first 3 seasons??

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
</A>

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
At least the money are worth the player. May be it is better to sell one player a year and keep the other team like Dynamo Kyiv does. I don't believe the teams in our region would be able to keep their squad for longer than two-three years soon. Money are needed and no one invest much here.
And about Kezman it's probably better to stay for one more year so that he could be better in physical condition, and more experienced. Anyway, he is capable of "surviving" in any of the big clubs on the continent. And Ognjenovic could not make it because of the coach. Yet Stankovic had success even though he is younger than Peritsa.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Giani, I don't know whether the others will agree, but Stankovic is a way better player than Ognjenovic...

B

·
0 Posts
these two player can't be compered because ognjenovic is an attacker and deki is midfielder. also, perica was so f*****g unlucky in his career.
zivela srbija!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel so sorry for Perica. I remember when Red Star played Barcelona the last time at the Maracana. God Perica was all over them. Every time he touched the ball it would turn to gold!

I saw him dribble and torment the defense and any one else who would try to take him on.

But do not worry he is still young and could go on to play very well if he moves to a smaller club where he is played more regularly.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, Deki is better than Ognjenovic (you are totally right red star forever)-the onliest advantage of Perica against Stankovic , but yet Perica is talanted enough to play in a team of level above the average in Europe. And I think he can make it. And, bookmaker011, I'm also sorry for his unluck, but recently his situation seems better. And we have one player here who reminds me about him. They are both 1977, but our "talent" (he-Yovov, was great when he was 17) refused to play for Spartak Moskow. And yet Perica is lucky because he is given a chance he uses to prove his skills, and to improve. And dumbheads like Yovov don't deserve to play football. May be Perica and Yovov should have stayed in Zvezda and Levski (concidering whether we should let our best players in Europe). But at his third year at Levski, Yovov, for instance, was not improving. Our championship has two-three matches that are high level, the rest is...hahaha...well tragic comparing it to Europe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts