Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kezman Threatens To Quit Chelsea
4/28/2005 11:44:00 AM
Chelsea striker Mateja Kezman says he may leave the club if he doesn’t get more first-team football.
The former PSV Eindhoven hit-man has grown frustrated with life on the bench since arriving at Stamford Bridge last summer.

"I cannot cope with this for very much longer - I am now at the peak of my career," he told Voetbal International.

"If I know I have another year like this ahead, it makes no more sense and I will go to the big boss (Roman Abramovich) and talk to him.

"At this moment, there are 10 clubs interested in me.

"I am keeping the PSV option open and know I am always welcome there and still want to play there.

"In my head, I am keeping my options open, but I don’t know where my future lies."
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=59162&progr=5
----------------
wow kezman threatning to quit.... he will most definetly be sold next season, at least i hope we can do it for a profit ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
why should you care if you get a profit or not ? :googly:

i don't know how you will replace him. :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
y not, wouldnt it be normal for a club to hope that when they sell a player they get more than what they paid for him...?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It would be normal for any normal club. On the other hand, normal clubs don't spend 13 million pounds on a full-back or give their manager a double-your-salary pay rise just because he got bit annoyed.

It's not like the extra quid you might make off Kezman will influence your transfer policy much, is it?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It was always hard seeing him carve out a career at Chelsea,Perhaps he should join someone like Bolton,Charlton or Middlesbrough.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
We might have stayed up if he'd decided to join us rather than Chelsea and double his money.

I suppose its one of those choices, want to get paid a lot to sit on the bench? or want to get paid a bit less and play every game?

Shows what sort of player he is, and now he's bitching about it.
He made his choice, buit money isn't always the best option.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
To be fair, very few players would have chosen WBA or Charlton over Chelsea, regardless of money.

But indeed, Kezman was punching above his weight at Chelsea.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Kezman is a great player but has got very little space at Chelsea and not taken the chances he got. It would be a shame if he returned to Psv like the "Guy that flopped in England" so I hope he stayed. Kezman is still young and his chances should come.

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
To be fair, very few players would have chosen WBA or Charlton over Chelsea, regardless of money.

But indeed, Kezman was punching above his weight at Chelsea.
True on both accounts.

Keza is the type of player that'll only succeed with the proper support. Basically he's only a killer with little creativity and technique.

However you can't say he's a mercenary, in his head he is a top 10 striker and he always wants to achieve the absolute maximum, sadly his performances don't correspond with that.

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
i like kezman, yes he didnt produce but i wont give up on him, if he chooses to give up on us then thats his choice and we will wish him good luck...

thou i dont believe in this "play regularly and be a hero at a team like norwich or west ham is better than playing often for a team winning the league and playing in CL every season" , and case in point Joe cole...he stayed in chelsea and look at him now, a prominent midfielder in the national team, coached by the best manager in Europe so learning more everyday, close to lifting CL and League etc... versus scoring 13 goals a season for norwich and becoming untouchable in the dressing room and with the chairman and if a manager puts u on the bench he is sacked the next day...

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Charlton really wanted him last summer. He could also play with Rommedahl again there as well as being an automatic first choice. Might be a good move for him.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Hahahaha, double my money at Chelsea and be in with a good shot at winning big titles or struggle against relegation on half the salary?

For crying out loud, some fans..... :D

I still don't mind Kezman, he added a lot to Chelsea when he played against Barçelona and I've seen enough of him to know that he is just an unbelievable goalscorer. When on form, left foot, right foot, header, he knows how to score.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he knows how to score no doubt but he missed some easy chances. he is as drule said in his mind a top10 striker in the world, he is a bit arrogant as well though, he said to his NT coach in the yugoslavian news "strikers like me arent made they are born", and because of factors like this its obvious that he would hate being on the bench as this quote shows his state of mind.

take as an example joe cole, a couple of years ago hailed as the best english young player to come in years and to be one of the best english players in the world. he signed for chelsea and earlier this year even though he was scoring goals here and there as the "wonder sub" mourinho openly said that he wont feature much because he doesnt know how to defend with the team. and he hasnt started for a while or even payed for that matter, but look at him now, he learned what JM wants and even his NT is benefiting, i recall an article in which tnx eriksson tnx JM for finally "teaching" joey how to play.
my point is that kezman needs to adapt to the team and not expect the team to adapt to him.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
We never played a system that would have resulted in Kezman succeeding. He cant move the ball well at his feet, and that is needed. His poor finnishing run didnt help either. I'd give him another chance, but if Forsell is going to be on the sqaud then its hard to include him.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Perhaps kezman is not as good as HE thinks he is after all he does not make the "Run on team" for Serbia although he is in the squad.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Jestrovic, Ljuboja and Milosevic are all ahead of Kezman for a starting spot in the SCG National team.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Far to many Injuries but nothing is saying that he couldn't be a success at the Bridge,We all know about his pedigree. :smileani:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts